What are you doing for Arafat to ensure that Allah forgives you?

Marwa17

Assalamu Alikum,
I was just wondering what some of you will be doing for arafat to ensure (although nothing can be 100% right) that allah will forgive you?? Like as muslims, sometimes we think that Eid is the bigger celebration but maybe it's arafat?? Like arafat is a great opportunity for us to repent and ask allah for forgiveness...Allah has given us numerous opportunities to do what is right...to seek forgiveness...May he accept our deeds...

bemuslim

ADVICE

[The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said: ((Whoever feeds a fasting person will have a reward like that of his reward (i.e. the one fasting))), so preparing food in this month for the needy is from the best of actions because (the reward for giving) charity in the month of Ramadhaan is multiplied more than in the other months

SEND BLESSING UPON THE PROPHET.

REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH

UPHOLDING THE TIES OF KINSHIP

REPENTANCE

FASTING

GIVING CHARITY

bemuslim

REAP

The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said: ((Whoever feeds a fasting person will have a reward like that of his reward (i.e. the one fasting))), so preparing food in this month for the needy is from the best of actions because (the reward for giving) charity in the month of DULHAJJAH is multiplied more than in the other months

Bilal, ask the people to be quiet and listen to me.” Bilal stood up and asked the people to be quiet and listen to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). When the people were quiet, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “O people, a little while ago Gabriel (peace and blessings be upon him) came to me. Gave me salutations from Allah and informed me that Allah has forgiven those who spend the Day at `Arafah and those who stop at Al-Mash`ar Al-Haram, and that He has guaranteed their debts.”

At this `Umar ibn Al-Khattab stood up and asked, “O Allah’s Messenger, is this for us only?” The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “This is for you and for all those who will come after you until the Day of Judgment.” `Umar exclaimed, “How plentiful and blissful Allah’s bounties are!”

Muslim and others have reported from `A’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Allah frees far more people from Hellfire on the Day of `Arafah than on any other day, and Allah comes closer this day and proudly says to the angels, ‘What do these people want and seek?’”

Abu Ad-Darda reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “On no other day does the Satan feel so belittled, humiliated, and angry as he does on the Day of `Arafah.” The reason for this is the mercy of Allah that descends (this day) and the forgiveness that He grants to people for major sins, except the day of the Battle of Badr, which witnessed a far greater mercy of Allah descending upon people, which caused great sadness to Satan.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was asked, “O Prophet of Allah, what did Satan see on the day of the Battle of Badr?” “He saw Gabriel leading the troops of angels,” he replied (Reported by Malik and Al-Hakim
is reported by Ahmad and At-Tirmidhi (and this is the wording of At-Tirmidhi) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "The best supplication is that of the Day of `Arafah, and the best thing that I and other Prophets before me said, is: 'La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu lahul mulk wa lahul hamd wa huwa 'ala kuli sha'in qadeer."'

Al-Husayn Ibn Al-Hasan Al-Maruzi reported: "I asked Sufyan Ibn `Uyaynah, 'What is the best supplication for the Day of `Arafah?' He replied, 'La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu.' I said, 'But this is glorifying Allah and praising Him, and it is not a supplication.' Thereupon Sufyan responded, 'Don't you know the hadith of Malik Ibn Al-Harith which explains it.' I asked him, 'Tell me about it.' He said, 'Mansur narrated from Malik Ibn Al-Harith that he said, "Allah, the Almighty, and the Exalted One, says: 'If a servant of Mine occupies himself in extolling and praising Me instead of asking Me for his needs I give him better than what I give to those who ask for their needs."' Then he added, 'This explains the saying of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).'

At-Tirmidhi also reported from `Ali that the most frequently used supplication by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) during his stay in `Arafah was, "Allahumma lakal hamdu kalladhi naqulu wa khairam mimma naqulu, Allahumma laka salati wa nusuki wa mahyaya wa mamati wa ilaika ma’abi wa laka rabbi turathi allahumma inni a`uzhu bika min `azhabil qabri wa waswasatis sadri wa shatatil amri allahumma inni a`uzhu bika min sharri ma tahubbu bihi riyhu (All praise belongs to You, O Allah! As we say, and better than what we can say. O Allah! My prayers, my worship, my life and my death are all for You. O Allah! To You is my return! To You belong all that I own. O Allah! I seek refuge with You from the torment of the grave, evil whispers, confusion, and from whatever the wind may bring

Marwa17

ya newmuslim...but didn't you hear them say "oh, it's okay to pray eid prayer a day after eid??" what do you think that meant...we should read between the lines.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
ya newmuslim...but didn't you hear them say "oh, it's okay to pray eid prayer a day after eid??" what do you think that meant...we should read between the lines.

Didn't hear that...

Where I live, though, most of the time the moon is hard to see because of the weather (North Eastern U.S.A. gets rain a lot). They're the only people I can trust when it comes to the calendar.

I've heard that they've been planning a Global Islamic Calendar for the whole world to use. They'll base it off the planned moon phases (the moon always goes in a pattern, right?). A lot of astronomers, scholars, etc. are discussing it to see if they should adopt it.