What did you eat for sahoor this morning?

How did the food for sahoor taste this morning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
As salamu alayk,
My beloved brothers and sisters (I make dua for us all that we take benfit from this Ramadhan and it changes us for the better). I am curious what food(s) did everyone eat this morning? (Already thinking about food and fasting has only just begun! lol)

Me? My wife cooked some lovely chicken and green pepper curry, which i had with boiled white rice!! :ma: (May Allah reward her Ameeen!)

And i had a quick sip of my wife's hot chocolate (Lol) I like having something sweet after a hot saalan (curry)!

I think the sister's should compete with each other to see who could cook for thier husbands (or brothers) the most "scrum-didly-umptious" food for sahoor or iftar- and then let the men folk put down thier opinions.

That sounds like a really good plan to me... what do you think brothers? :)

(Once you have had your sahoor and prayed Fajr- place your bote using the poll above and also make dua for the Muslim Ummah who is suffering at the hands of oppressive disbelievers around the world)
[

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

Well it is a 11 pm here so I have not had suhoor. It will consist of a bagel with cream cheese, grapes, a banana, a cup of orange juice, and two bottles of water insha Allah :) And no hubby to cook for.

Curry does sound good tho...

:wasalam:

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
i'm not married yet so i dont have to cook for my husband :p :blackhijab: anyway, this sahur i eat fried eggs with a little rice and kurma(date). i dont plan to gain my weight this Ramadan :muslim_child:

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah

i think you need to add one more option to the poll : Alhamdulillah Allah make it delicious
because when my mother asked my father "how's the food" and my father answered "Alhamdulillah, Allah make it delicious". whether the food delicious or not he keeps answering the same . and we children try to make mother happy "mother its so delicious!" :D
brother lions_den1 please dont get mad. i'm just kidding:muslim_child:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Ramadan here starts on Friday also.

Just wondering what the best suhoor/sehri would be ... any ideas?

One of my friends suggested a large bowl of Weetbix and milke, and then dates. Curry might taste nice, but will it give you as much energy through out the day? My personal experience from last year was that when I had dates for suhoor, I found myself with a more alert mind when nearing iftar time than when I did not have dates.

Salam alaikum.

Omidjan

Sahoor

Dear All;

I had a great sauce with lam and apple juice, we got cooks here :mashallah: , so they make great food specially for Ramadan;

:)

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Ramadan here starts on Friday also.

Just wondering what the best suhoor/sehri would be ... any ideas?

One of my friends suggested a large bowl of Weetbix and milke, and then dates. Curry might taste nice, but will it give you as much energy through out the day? My personal experience from last year was that when I had dates for suhoor, I found myself with a more alert mind when nearing iftar time than when I did not have dates.

Salam alaikum.

Thank you for reminding me to eat dates for breakfast :) How many did you eat? I have quite a long day at school tomorrow so any tips would be nice. I hardly got to fast last Ramadaan..\

aeeshafarhana

Bismillahir Rahmaneer Raheem
:astag: Ramadam khareem to all...
:girl3: sad for me i havent make fasting this 1st day of Ramadan,sad for me because my monthly period still goin on... Inshallah i can make it the sooner,saturday inshallah i can start my fasting...
For the suhoor of my husband,i dont know what he eats because im at work (I work at 7pm-4am)...just got home from work... i ask him what he ates,he said "a chicken soup with newly cooked hot rice (hehehehehehe),.... Inshallah i will cook for him and for us...thanks may Allah swt bless our month of ramadan and we have to make all good deeds and be good to everyone....

manOfpeace

i didn't eat yet i am waiting to eat after couple of hours, i think i am gonna eat some somalian food i don't know their name in english but we call it (Canjelo) and it isn't in there

Ramadaan Mubarak

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
As Salaam Mu Aleykum

Ramadhaan Mubarak to everyone.....

Insha'Allah this month will be most beneficial, and spiritually uplifting for everyone....

I had a wonderful Suhoor Alhamdudillah, I had pasta and grilled steak.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
here sohor will be after couple hours,but I cant eat in the morning at all,and I usually dont take sohor
wasalam

dna1987

Muslim Guy

Thank you for reminding me to eat dates for breakfast :) How many did you eat? I have quite a long day at school tomorrow so any tips would be nice. I hardly got to fast last Ramadaan..\

Hmmm, three minimum for me. I have the normal meal and then three or more dates as my energy source for the day. For the first few days of Ramadan specially, I get a headache near the end of the day if I don't take dates. Drink dates and lots of water.

I'm still asking people to find the best energy-providing suhoor. Yum food might not always help you get through the day the easiest. And yeah, I have school (uni) too, and exams during EID time! :( So I gotta make study this Ramadan too.

Salam alaikum.

azmi

Alhamdulillah i can still live to feel Ramadhan this year.
this morning i ate rice with fried eggs, and rendang (indonesian food dont know the english). this year as ussual my mother cooks special food for the 1st sahoor. hope i can finish this Ramadhan and be the best Ramadhan. and its nearly maghrib in here (1,5 hours).

zakiyah

muslim sis
salamz to all
well the best thing i think to have for sehri is CHAPATI with some curry.you will not feel hungry becoz chapati is a solid food not light..and for bread ,cereals they are light food so after havin them in sehri u will get a headache bcoz of hunger n then u will feel lazy,sleepy even before 12 in noon.so u dont want that to happen?.in sehri u should have something that u really enjoy eating.so that u can eat it quick and wont be affraid that ur the last one to finish sehri.and theres less time.lolz:rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:
mashallah its my 1st roza today.i feel gr8.alhamdulillah.
wasalam.

zakiyah

muslim sis
salam
here sohor will be after couple hours,but I cant eat in the morning at all,and I usually dont take sohor
wasalam

i know sister its hard eating in sehri but remember sehri is SUNNAT.u should have something not alot just wee bit.for the sake of SUNNAT.even drinking glass of water for sehri and nothing else.u will get the sawaab of SUNNAT.so have something ok sis.:hearts:
wasalam