What do I do if I walk in on someone who has already begun their Salah?

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

If I walk in on someone who's in the middle of their salah and I don't know if they're doing their Sunnah or their Fardh, what do I do?

UPDATE: I'm talking about if you walk in on someone already praying in a masjid, prayer hall, etc. and you want to join them (as in like Jamaat). From what I understand Fardh Salahs are to be prayed in Jamaat when possible. Sorry for any confusion.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Walaikumassalaam wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu

Have this question in my mind too.
At times i thought i would carry a paper and pen, and before starting the salah.. Would leave a note in a place where the person can see.. if am doing my farz or sunnah!!
But still would like to hear suggestions from others too :)

Peace :)

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
Walaikumassalaam wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu

Have this question in my mind too.
At times i thought i would carry a paper and pen, and before starting the salah.. Would leave a note in a place where the person can see.. if am doing my farz or sunnah!!
But still would like to hear suggestions from others too :)

Wow that is insane. You read my mind exactly! :D

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Can anyone explain to me what the actual question is? So one goes to talk to a person but they are praying... so you leave, wait for a while, and then come back. Right? What do you mean, whether its sunnah or fard? Of course, when a parent calls their child, and they are in the middle of a fard prayer, they can't respond... but if they are praying a nafl/sunnah, they are to break their prayer and answer.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Walaikumassalaam wa re. wa bara.

Well the question here is sister.. Say for example : - Its actual time for farz salah.. But you are in between your sunnah.. And one/a few of your friends come to the prayer hall for the farz salah.. They might not know whether you are offering farz/sunnah right? so in this case how to inform your friends.?

It is a different issue if your parents call you in between your sunnah/nafl salah. :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Well, you don't inform them, you are talking to Allah and that is more important - this time of not knowing will only last some minutes, and then when you say the tasleem, you can inform them.