What do you think about when you pray??

louise_soso

Do u ever have visions while praying ? or try to picture god?.
One sister i know from masjid says she day dreams lol.
what do you think about when you pray? and how do you try to rid the visions of god that can sometime creep up.

I try to vision ayat al kursii .

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

we can *never* dream or vision God because He is not like us. try to understand the verses. think about heaven and hell.

oh btw, how do u vision ayat kursi? :)

louise_soso

I vision the chair extending over us but not a vision of god himself and everybody Praying below it.

Or if shirk thoughts come beacuse i used to be christian so i imagine jesus praying infront of me :D and then they go

islamdonlyway

wel i vision and try and understand the verses i am reading, and also try and read it with kusho, thats what your supposed to do whilst praying rather then day dreaming about other things.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

Well,while praying the only time to think or imagine is while prostrating (Sajdah) to Allah. But what I imagine while prostrating I can't explain in words. While reciting Surah "Fatiha" I try to concentrate on each and every Ayah,as if I am trying to implement it in my life.

BegumRehana

Asalamwalaikum..When am praying i try my best to understand the ayah's am reading, especially surah Fatiha..And if anything comes in my mind i just think about hell..paradise, and how the shaytan whispers are coming to me..I do sometimes picture the ka'bah so i feel am praying in front of it..this is because sometime i get visions of God and i know its not right.. :/ Astaghfirullah, May Allah forgive me..

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

alhamdu li Allah, I've whatever I've memorized from Quran, like Surahs and ayahs, I use to ponder on the ayahs while reciting.

I also pay attention in the proper pronunciation. Maximum time, the vision of the my Quran, from which I have memorized comes in front of me, so that I can recite with tajweed.

subhan Allah, sometimes I cry( very rare I must say), because when my sins are clear but we often forget to repent, so when I realize it, i feel like crying in the 4th ayah of Fatihah then to the whole salah, I think I'm not the only one, there are so many Muslims who do so....

JazakAllah khair
wa alaikum salam

Parvaiz

Try to focus and understand what the Imam is reciting
And remember this
Pray as your praying your last prayer Allah is in front of you and Angel of death behind you.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2:

it might be crazy weird but I think about being in front of a king (not a particular image though) especially when I am prostrating. Its a position in which I feel like I am right beneath the chair of God almighty......asking of him and in that position I am sure that He is closer to me than ANYTHING else. Its an amazing feeling......but then again, because of the attachment to this horrible Dunya, that slowly fades away. When the Khushoo is gone and you have MR. Shaytaan reminding you of the correct ANSWER to a test question you took hours ago!!! the salah just becomes movements!!

I HATE THAT DUDE!!!

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED

it might be crazy weird but I think about being in front of a king (not a particular image though) especially when I am prostrating. Its a position in which I feel like I am right beneath the chair of God almighty......asking of him and in that position I am sure that He is closer to me than ANYTHING else. Its an amazing feeling......but then again, because of the attachment to this horrible Dunya, that slowly fades away. When the Khushoo is gone and you have MR. Shaytaan reminding you of the correct ANSWER to a test question you took hours ago!!! the salah just becomes movements!!

I HATE THAT DUDE!!!

i read all the posts, but this sounds exactly excactly 10000000000000%%% what happens to me during prayer.

i always think of a King, of Allah being the King and how in this dunyah we have kings who rule countries, i think of how people worship those kings or leaders and how these kings have castles and gold travel carriage thing and they have so much wealth mashallah, and how dare them call this person a king when there is king but Allah and Allah has and is more than just a castle and gold carriage and wealth, he gave us more than this. so i imagine the people who worship their kings whether statutes or humans or any religion or ruler of a country, i imagine who people are fouled in worshiping their king, and i have a better king to worship alhumdulilah and i pray asking guidance from the true one god Allah.

then yes, the shaytan gets in the way. lool. but most of the time when im trying to understand what im reading and get really nice beatiful kushoo, thats when i drift away and the shaytan takes over and remind me of things that i forgot to do or need then i remember that thing and wish to not forget it after salah. loool.

but im improving slowly and much better than before. sometimes if i dont like my prayer, i pray again. i notice, you dont take long when you pray if you pray with kushoo, but when you dont pray with kushoo, you feel the salaah is so long and you have more rakaat to finish. and it takes longer. so i always inshallah maintain kushoo.

i like to hold a small quran book and read from it while praying sometimes, it helps you focus and know where your upto and how many rukaat you've done and you do feel your reading quran because your reading from the book

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
MashaAllah every one has a unique way of concentrating.

In Salah while reciting Surah "Fatiha" I try to concentrate on each and every Ayah and I feel that I am on the plain of Day of Judgement and asking Allah (SWT) for His help in crossing the long straight Bridge to the gates of Jannah.
Elsewhere I try to imagine that I am under a light.

I asked an Imam of a Masjid and he said that he imagine (in his words) like the Windows screen saver in which stars fly by you.
:wasalam: