what happened? July 8,2005

ferhat

Ahmad Deedat. I dont know him very much but i watched his vids on youtube and downloaded to my computer. He is talking so lovely,persuasive and convincing. im watching the vids almost everyweek again and again.
And recently i was checking out the wikipedia web site if i could find some info about Ahmad Deedat, but unfortunately the page(english part) i was reading looks poor and undesirable.
Maybe we can build one here on http://www.turntoislam.com . Does anyone know about him, can anyone send a post about him. At the year 2005 8 of july he passed away. we may do something valuable for him.

vessalam.

h t t p : / / en.wikipedia . org / wiki / Ahmed_Deedat

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2: Yes i know many things about him but really i don't have them in order. The correct date he died was August 8 2005.

ferhat

thanks

thanks for correction, you may send a post here about Ahmad Deedat. Remember Sharing is caring.
Take care brother

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
As Salaam Mu Aleykum

He is a South African Sheik from Durban to more specific, he founded the Islamic Propogation Center in South Africa. My grandfather worked with him in this center.
Shiekh Ahmad Deedat was a self taught man. I can get more concise information for you inhsa'Allah

basheerpkm

trying to be Mu'min
Born in the Surat district of India in 1918. His father a tailor by profession had emigrated to South Africa shortly after the birth of Ahmed Deedat. With no formal education and fighting off the extreme pangs of poverty, he went to South Africa in 1927 to be with his father. In a foreign land, a boy of nine with no formal schooling and command of the English language began preparing for the role he was to play decades later without realizing it. Applying himself with diligence to his studies, the little boy not only was able to overcome the language barrier but excelled in school. His avid passion for reading helped him gain promotions until he completed standard 6. Lack of finance interrupted his schooling and at the early age of about 16 he took on the first of many jobs in retailing.

The most significant of these was in 1936 where he worked at a Muslim owned store near a Christian seminary on the Natal South Coast. The incessant insults of the trainee missionaries hurled against Islam during their brief visits to the store infused a stubborn flame of desire within the young man to counteract their false propaganda.

As fate would have it, Ahmad Deedat looked impatiently in the store of his Muslim owner to find any book that is interesting, by pure chance he found out a book entitled Izharal-Haq, meaning the Truth revealed. This book recorded the techniques and enormous success of the efforts of Muslims in India in turning the tables against Christian missionary harassment during the British subjugation and rule of India. In particular the idea of holding debates had a profound effect on Ahmed Deedat.

Armed with this new found zeal, Ahmed Deedat purchased his first Bible an d began holding debates and discussions with the trainee missionaries. When they beat a hasty retreat in the face of his incisive counter arguments, he personally called on their teachers and even priests in the surrounding areas. These successes spurred Ahmed Deedat in the dirrection of Da’wah.

.........http://www.famousmuslims.com/Ahmed Deedat.htm