what islam say about meditation?

eager

Assalamualaikum,i want to know waht islam say about meditaion & a energy named cosmic energy.what is this energy??is it something haram,please explain..i have come to know every single molecule ois connected bt this cosmic energy..we all gain this energy by deep sleep,but its a few...to gain more cosmic energy we need to meditate...please reply me with valid source,
thank u

BintMuhammad

Staff member
wallaahu a'lam I guess it depends on what form of meditation as there are different kinds. It's better for you to ask a sheikh that you trust about that and explain to him exactly what you do during the meditation.

Although, here's a fatwa regarding Yoga, its origins and the ruling on practising it

Also, this issue might have been discussed before on the forum, so try to make use of the search field inshaa'Allaah if you haven't done so.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was reading one of the volumes of the Sheereh of Muhammad ( may the There are seven volumes in this )set.

I read a passage that stated Islam is not for lotus-flower eaters or opium takers.

I thought about that for a long time. You know that is a beautiful and truthful expression.

Islam is action. We make salat. We give zakat. We supplicate. We do the best of deeds.

In salah we are in a conversation with Allah. I heard a lecture where the sheik described how a Companion of the Prophet ( may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) would recite Sura Fathia very slowly. He was asked why. He stated he that he knew this was alive with Allah.

My point being meditation is not action. In meditation we are stopping time seeking peace. In salah we are actively communicating with the Creator of Mankind and Jinns. We are in the Home of Peace. Islam takes you to a place beyond meditation by making a simple two rakah salat.

Does this make sense?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

InshaAllah brother. I die to meet Allah. I live to serve Allah. It is nothing but Allah. My life has been nothing but a blessing.

May Allah reward you and yours brother.