Fun! What keeps you busy ?

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
I also study and work in my free times so what? I like to study and work ^^
I've learned 8 languages in my free time...

And there's nothing wrong with that, dear. But if you work and study in your free time and also work and study in your non-free time...then you basically don't have a free time, except when sleeping at night.

Now I can see why that would be a good thing if this 'study' you're doing was related to matters of the Deen. I remember reading a quote by shaykh `Abdul `aziz Al ash-shaykh who said something along the lines of, "there's no such thing as 'study time' for the student of knowledge. They spend their mornings studying and the afternoons studying...".
We should always aim to acquire knowledge that will benefit us in dunya and aakhirah and just dunya, inshaa'Allaah.

Platina.-

The best richness, is the richness of the soul.
And there's nothing wrong with that, dear. But if you work and study in your free time and also work and study in your non-free time...then you basically don't have a free time, except when sleeping at night.

Now I can see why that would be a good thing if this 'study' you're doing was related to matters of the Deen. I remember reading a quote by shaykh `Abdul `aziz Al ash-shaykh who said something along the lines of, "there's no such thing as 'study time' for the student of knowledge. They spend their mornings studying and the afternoons studying...".
We should always aim to acquire knowledge that will benefit us in dunya and aakhirah and just dunya, inshaa'Allaah.

Nice!
I was referring to miskien
that you had to do not say, if others may misunderstand it.
I thought of pathetic, because she teaches and works. So I thought why do you say that? That's a good thing and I do it too. To each hers/his own thing.
But now I know just what you intended, thank you so much for your explanation.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
For me, miskeen = sympathizing with the person ("poor you" as some would say). If muslimg was here with me, I'd give her a hug to go along with it. : )

Platina.-

For me, miskeen = sympathizing with the person ("poor you" as some would say). If muslimg was here with me, I'd give her a hug to go along with it. : )

Alhamdulilah <3 good to hear!
for me it means: you're pathetic / poor, that is the real meaning of it. In the arabic Language

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
for me it means: you're pathetic / poor, that is the real meaning of it. In the arabic Language
In Lisaan al-‘Arab it says (13/216):

The original meaning of miskeen in Arabic is humble, and the original meaning of faqeer is needy.

Miskeen could mean 'poor' (not having wealth) or as Ibn taymiyyah said referring to a da`eef hadith in which the prophet made du`aa saying, "O Allaah, cause me to live as a miskeen.." that it means "cause me to live in humility".

Platina.-

Miskeen could mean 'poor' (not having wealth) or as Ibn taymiyyah said referring to a da`eef hadith in which the prophet made du`aa saying, "O Allaah, cause me to live as a miskeen.." that it means "cause me to live in humility".

Ma Shaa Allah, This is what i mean..
Do you know why Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that?
So then he has a valid excuse for the day of judgment
but do you know what it means today?
Pathetic, poor,
which at the same hadith

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Hold on a sec sisters: meeskin/meeskinah is often used between sisters when they feel sorry for one another, a way to 'show' they feel sorry for each other. Also we are not looking at the literal meaning but at the way it would be used in a friendly conversation. Hope that makes sense inshallah

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:salam:
free time
^^ What is this? :D
I've learned 8 languages in my free time...
Ik heb Nederlands in mijn vrije tijd geleernd, maar, acht taal?
I learned Dutch in my free time, but, eight languages?
Stare at walls haha.
Me too, since I stopped watching TV.

I spend a lot of time at a screen, got some other websites I spend time on, though I don't count them as work. I do waste a lot of time, checking the news, seeing what is happening in different places online & I look at a lot of campaign sites. I don't have much time off in Summer, but have to get outdoors too, I cycle a lot, and I volunteer at a Wildlife Park.
:SMILY126:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
but do you know what it means today?
Pathetic, poor,

Wow, that's messed up then. It shouldn't be used in such ways, dunno why the meaning had to change... I use that word so often I forget it's Arabic sometimes.

Nureyni Amir

I usually like listening to lecture, going over to my friends house, going to the masjid or just chill oh reading books.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

The best part about staring at walls is that you can think of absolutely nothing heh,it's a vacuum moment.

Exercises are great for mind and body,health is a gift from Allah (swt),so being grateful for it,is our duty.

Platina.-

:salam:

^^ What is this? :D

Ik heb Nederlands in mijn vrije tijd geleernd, maar, acht taal?
I learned Dutch in my free time, but, eight languages?

I spend a lot of time at a screen, got some other websites I spend time on, though I don't count them as work. I do waste a lot of time, checking the news, seeing what is happening in different places online & I look at a lot of campaign sites. I don't have much time off in Summer, but have to get outdoors too, I cycle a lot, and I volunteer at a Wildlife Park.
:SMILY126:

Mooi! Ja ik heb in verschillende landen gewoond en niet echt 8 maar wel veel.
Ik ken er wel 8 ^^
Nice! i've lived in diffrent country's, not 8 really but many,
I know 8 languages.

Platina.-

Wow, that's messed up then. It shouldn't be used in such ways, dunno why the meaning had to change... I use that word so often I forget it's Arabic sometimes.

yeah right, everything is changing, and most see it so...

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Mooi! Ja ik heb in verschillende landen gewoond en niet echt 8 maar wel veel.
Ik ken er wel 8 ^^
Nice! i've lived in diffrent country's, not 8 really but many,
I know 8 languages.
^^ Mooi gedaan. Nicely done!

Tellen is moeilijk, bent Nederlands en Vlaams verchillende taal? Ook kan ik sommige lezen maar praten niet. 8 taal even. Alhamdulillah!
Counting is difficult, are Dutch and Flemish different languages? Also, I can read some but not speak them. All the same, 8 languages, Alhamdulillah!

Platina.-

^^ Mooi gedaan. Nicely done!

Tellen is moeilijk, bent Nederlands en Vlaams verchillende taal? Ook kan ik sommige lezen maar praten niet. 8 taal even. Alhamdulillah!
Counting is difficult, are Dutch and Flemish different languages? Also, I can read some but not speak them. All the same, 8 languages, Alhamdulillah!

Oowh i can speak, read, understand and write all the 8 languages haha.
Yes flemish speak with the soft G and Netherlands not, and a few different words, but otherwise remains the same,

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
The best part about staring at walls is that you can think of absolutely nothing heh,it's a vacuum moment.
Hehe, yeah. Also, the sky is good for a stare. Or trees.
A problem with trees though, sometimes a bird might land on one, and then you face the difficult situation of something happening.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,maybe I'm too young to have a bear a so heavy burden:) ,but I'm also happy to get busy all day long with my 5 kids.I really have not much time for myself,when the adhan calls to prayer,I often am busy with some of them,they need to be fed,cleaned and in these last days 4 of them got ill and had the fever.I'm under pressure,but now alhamdulillah they're are better.;)

Salam brothers and sisters :)
I just wanted to know what you guys do in your free time and when your did your salaat.
I like to sport like running and playing football with my friends and cousins.
And I also like to play games and i also study but i don't like that xd
So what do you guys do ? ^^
May Allah bless you all and forgive and you from your sins because He is The Most Merciful.

firstly if we define the free time ,
I think free time is "the time given by Allah with a unknown (by us) length - (all my prayers + everything to do as a good deed or done with a purpose of goodness) "
so in free time I waste my time :) if I am not getting ready for hereafter I am wasting my free time but of course in the rules of Islam.And if u ask does it disturb your conscience I answer no because I don't know the amount of the time thus if I do my duty, I can waste the rest freely let me say shortly I live the moment without plan , impromptu.. it is like leaving yourself to destiny.what I did till now ,I got up in morning at a random time :) ( I dont use alarm clock after morning prayer),then I started to clean home why I dont know but I did then when I finished it half a friend messaged me 'come to facebook' I went then he said wanna meet today ? I said yes then I suddenly came to TTI and read some then came to here typing this :) now probably I will finish the cleaning home then meet with friends :) I dont know the rest, Allah is greatest everything will go however the destiny guides me.But in school time I study ,I study science ,but what is the goal do u know ? not earning much money or having a comfortable life in the future, u know I don't plan for future as I said I dont know the length of the time. my studying science purpose is only improving my faith. studying and the science is a great tool for me to understand,to find ,to know into detail and to see our God "Allah" so if think for a year basically in 8 months I fought against my nafs to get closer to Allah in the rest 4 which is summer I waste it :) (maybe it is not wasting I am trying to keep distance from sins if this could be a kinda jihad and I do my duty I do my prayers so I am free to spend it in the rules of Islam am not I?) I suggest u to do not think too much about world life and dont plan too much leave it to destiny spend your time to reach and get closer to Allah if the life is boring :) and yes it is boring and difficult without Allah. even BattleField 3 will be boring after a while but thinking about Allah ?(tefekkur) never...never bores... anyway let me keep cleaning :) asslamaualakum