What makes you think Allah wont answer your dua?

maestrouzy

What makes you think Allah wont answer your dua?
This Ramadan make immense dua for everything and anything!

Zakariyya Alaihisalam was granted a Child in the Old Age.
The fire was cooled down for Ibrahim Alaihissalam
Jannah was shown to Asiya wife of firaun in the midst of torture.
Yunus alaihissalam was brought out from the Belly of a Whale..

So still you think Allah wont answer your dua?
May Allah accept and fulfill all your halal wishes and bestow with a Ramadan full of duas and firm repentance to Allah - ameen

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Amin.

May Allah give us Jennah Fardos! Amin

And if Allah doesn't answer your dua Allah will answer it on the Day of Judgment with something better.

Everything is easy for Allah and He loves giving so always make dua for the best of everything (i.e. to be the BEST Muslim, to have the BEST wife/husband, be the BEST Muslim/Husband/Wife/Father/Son/Student/Professional, to have the BEST in this life and the BEST in the Hereafter, etc.).

Precious Star

I believe this too, and for many Ramadans over the past 15-20 years I have been praying for children and a husband and family. In Ramadan it is particularly hard for me because my father has always been cranky and swears and yells at me a lot, even though I'm a mature lady. So deep in my heart I always prayed to Allah that someday I have a family of my own that is gentle, tranquil, where we i can observe Ramadan with soft words in my ears.

This year I made the same dua, as always. But I never in a million years thought the answer would come by way of one, harsh reality that Allah is now showing me: Menopause. I did not allow myself to believe this would be the fruit of my dua, and that the answer would come during Ramadan.

So there you have it.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
This year I made the same dua, as always. But I never in a million years thought the answer would come by way of one, harsh reality that Allah is now showing me: Menopause. I did not allow myself to believe this would be the fruit of my dua, and that the answer would come during Ramadan.

So there you have it.
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I don't mean to offend you ukhti, or attempt to discuss your very sensitive and complex situation, but I would like to point out, the very first example that the brother gave is a response to your sadness.

قَالَ رَ‌بِّ أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَكَانَتِ امْرَ‌أَتِي عَاقِرً‌ا وَقَدْ بَلَغْتُ مِنَ الْكِبَرِ‌ عِتِيًّا
He said, "My Lord, how will I have a boy when my wife has been barren and I have reached extreme old age?" [Surah Maryam 19: ayah 8]

When Allah intends to respond to our duas, biological hurdles are not a problem for Him to make it "Be! And it is". I think this very verse teaches us the importance of asking from Allah and having faith in Him.

Even having good hope in Allah is rewarding. I say this to me first and everyone else later If the odds are against us, than at least for the `Ajr of it, we should keep hoping and praying and have faith in Allah's Mercy and His Knowledge of what is good for us.

Precious Star

I don't mean to offend you ukhti, or attempt to discuss your very sensitive and complex situation, but I would like to point out, the very first example that the brother gave is a response to your sadness.

قَالَ رَ‌بِّ أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَكَانَتِ امْرَ‌أَتِي عَاقِرً‌ا وَقَدْ بَلَغْتُ مِنَ الْكِبَرِ‌ عِتِيًّا
He said, "My Lord, how will I have a boy when my wife has been barren and I have reached extreme old age?" [Surah Maryam 19: ayah 8]

When Allah intends to respond to our duas, biological hurdles are not a problem for Him to make it "Be! And it is". I think this very verse teaches us the importance of asking from Allah and having faith in Him.

Even having good hope in Allah is rewarding. I say this to me first and everyone else later If the odds are against us, than at least for the `Ajr of it, we should keep hoping and praying and have faith in Allah's Mercy and His Knowledge of what is good for us.

It is a beautiful story, and yes many miracles have happened to our Holy Prophets.

But Allah has constructed the human body such that women do not have children once they reach menopause. Yes Allah has shown us miracles in the Quran about Maryam, Ibrahim, etc -- the families of the Holy Prophets - but neither you nor I are in that category. We are not the chosen messengers of Allah.

Of course Allah SWT can do anything -- He is capable of anything and everything. That does not mean that He will deliver something against the forces of nature as He has constructed it. Women run out of eggs at some stage, and as such there are no more eggs to be fertilized. Women need to be married to get pregnant, so if they are not married they will not get pregnant.

"If A, then B". That is the world that Allah has created.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam'alikim.What I had always searched for was the so called "Sakeena",that inner peace which is mentioned in the Quran.There was a periode that the more I've asked Him to give me that peace,the more I felt "punished" by Him,above all because of my character.When I am under stress I don't use the self-control that normal people do:Allah did know it and tested me in the month of the Ramadan 2013.the Waswas told me to eat and drink,my kids made me foolish because of their shoutings,but for the first time,after maybe 1000 times I've asked Allah to give the "Sakeena",I feel that I've reached my goal.it's some days that I'm quiet and I don't get angry for nothing.if a child of mine makes some mistakes,I stay calm and pass over.
I'd always thought that Allah had given me all,except the patience and the peace of the heart,while I was wrong:He always had answered me,but I've left the Waswasa putting them away.
it's hard to stay strong,today seems to be running faster than yesterday,I feel I have a million things to do,but the time is not much,and I risked to forget my main purpose:that of going to Paradise.
Allah is there for us at every request we make to Him,even if it seems that it's the contrary,He's trying to wake us up.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

I believe that only the thought, the reassuring idea ..that Allah gives us what we need, when we need can make us accept the bitterness of a heart`s longing. Maybe also the hope that sooner or later our dua will indeed be answered (we all hope sooner, not later and i am honest to say i wish my dua to be answered yesterday!).
And only those that live this experience can understand it fully...how can we find comfort if not by trusting that Allah is the best wali and everything that happens in our lives, happens for a reason..to tie the camel is our job, the rest is on Him..

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
It is a beautiful story, and yes many miracles have happened to our Holy Prophets.

But Allah has constructed the human body such that women do not have children once they reach menopause. Yes Allah has shown us miracles in the Quran about Maryam, Ibrahim, etc -- the families of the Holy Prophets - but neither you nor I are in that category. We are not the chosen messengers of Allah.

Of course Allah SWT can do anything -- He is capable of anything and everything. That does not mean that He will deliver something against the forces of nature as He has constructed it. Women run out of eggs at some stage, and as such there are no more eggs to be fertilized. Women need to be married to get pregnant, so if they are not married they will not get pregnant.

"If A, then B". That is the world that Allah has created.
My dear sister, my point wasn't about you getting married or about you having kids. I can't say anything about that. My point was about having such a faith in Allah that it gives us strength and keep us content.

Pardon me, but I see a real high level of depression in your posts. I may be wrong, perhaps you are not as sad and depressed about your situation, and that it's just my low state of imaan that makes me think a sister in "such" problems must be "this" depressed. Maybe you stronger than how I see you. However, the point of my post was to address the hopelessness I sensed in your post.

Since I'm not the one going through what you are going through, every time I read your posts, a hundred and ten things come to my mind as why Allah may have chosenfor you to stay the way you are, or we (by extension). Things like abusive husband, mentally or physically abnormal, or rotten spoiled children, infertility or the abuse that comes with the package from in laws, death, destruction. . .The list goes on. Ukhti, it's only been a couple of days that I witnessed a dear one raise her voice to heavens, crying, asking Allah if it wouldn't have been better, had she been given no children. The very sound of it shook me, I couldn't decided if I should call that the extreme extremity of pain or ignorant ingratitude. For a split second I didn't knew if I should close my ears and say astagfirullah, or run to the one who said it and try to calm her with whatever empty actions or words I could. It was impossible to decide if I could say she was excused to say this or not, given what she has been through for "decades" ever since she was married. Our extended family is a big one, and every young and every old who has the ability to think was saying the very same thing, that she has never been happy ever since she married. Every day her life gets harder, and so does her tests.

I understand that I've gotten carried away with my post, and I'm sorry if it sounds offensive. I do not mean it that way. I'm not saying you are not grateful to Allah. I just want to remind myself when I tell you this, Allah's knowledge encompasses all. It could be that He has chosen this for us because He Knows in His Knowledge that we couldn't have coped the challenges of what we wanted. You will get married if it's written for you, you will not if it is not. We should just ask Allah, and ask Allah for khayr.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Salam aleikum

I believe that only the thought, the reassuring idea ..that Allah gives us what we need, when we need can make us accept the bitterness of a heart`s longing. Maybe also the hope that sooner or later our dua will indeed be answered (we all hope sooner, not later and i am honest to say i wish my dua to be answered yesterday!).
And only those that live this experience can understand it fully...how can we find comfort if not by trusting that Allah is the best wali and everything that happens in our lives, happens for a reason..to tie the camel is our job, the rest is on Him..
If only I learn the art of writing a few words that say a lot =). Mashaa`Allah sister, my entire essay up there couldn't explain clearly what you have conveyed in a just a few sentences.

Tawfeeq is from Allah alone. BaraakAllahu feeki.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
when somebody feels so bad noghing can makes him to feel better.the menopause is a normal step of woman's life(as there is andropause for men),we haven't to complain ouselves if Allah made us as we are...having already 5 kids,I hope to be at your place as soon as possible,for not "risking" another time:apple:..I'm sorry but I couldn't smile:)

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
If only I learn the art of writing a few words that say a lot =). Mashaa`Allah sister, my entire essay up there couldn't explain clearly what you have conveyed in a just a few sentences.

Tawfeeq is from Allah alone. BaraakAllahu feeki.

All good things are from Allah Al hamdu lillahi rabbil aalameen... is not art, is just oversimplification of all things I actually overthink...we can be even shorter - ''just ask Allah for khair'', like you said, should sum up all concerns regarding Dua.
Now my biggest concern is..do we do our part (tie the camel..? ) do we size every moment that Allah hands to us..? Where is the limit between our will, the influence of others on our will and will of Allah ? How soon is sooner and how late is later in waiting the answer ? Now here we need one essay.

Salam.

Precious Star

My dear sister, my point wasn't about you getting married or about you having kids. I can't say anything about that. My point was about having such a faith in Allah that it gives us strength and keep us content.

Pardon me, but I see a real high level of depression in your posts. I may be wrong, perhaps you are not as sad and depressed about your situation, and that it's just my low state of imaan that makes me think a sister in "such" problems must be "this" depressed. Maybe you stronger than how I see you. However, the point of my post was to address the hopelessness I sensed in your post.

Since I'm not the one going through what you are going through, every time I read your posts, a hundred and ten things come to my mind as why Allah may have chosenfor you to stay the way you are, or we (by extension). Things like abusive husband, mentally or physically abnormal, or rotten spoiled children, infertility or the abuse that comes with the package from in laws, death, destruction. . .The list goes on. Ukhti, it's only been a couple of days that I witnessed a dear one raise her voice to heavens, crying, asking Allah if it wouldn't have been better, had she been given no children. The very sound of it shook me, I couldn't decided if I should call that the extreme extremity of pain or ignorant ingratitude. For a split second I didn't knew if I should close my ears and say astagfirullah, or run to the one who said it and try to calm her with whatever empty actions or words I could. It was impossible to decide if I could say she was excused to say this or not, given what she has been through for "decades" ever since she was married. Our extended family is a big one, and every young and every old who has the ability to think was saying the very same thing, that she has never been happy ever since she married. Every day her life gets harder, and so does her tests.

I understand that I've gotten carried away with my post, and I'm sorry if it sounds offensive. I do not mean it that way. I'm not saying you are not grateful to Allah. I just want to remind myself when I tell you this, Allah's knowledge encompasses all. It could be that He has chosen this for us because He Knows in His Knowledge that we couldn't have coped the challenges of what we wanted. You will get married if it's written for you, you will not if it is not. We should just ask Allah, and ask Allah for khayr.

There is a flip side to each story. Many women are abused in marriage. Many people with good jobs are harassed by their bosses. People with money may be oppressed. Conversely, I've seen women with amputated limbs achieve great happiness with love and support.

Research demonstrates that IN GENERAL, people feel more content, more supported and less lonely when they are married. And Allah is very clear about that in the Quran too.

I will not assume that marriage, love, children, and companionship is bad for me. I will assume it is good for me. But I know that Allah does not want me to be a mother, a wife, a lover, or someone who is taken care of.

The point of the first post was, Allah will accept your duas if you believe. And I'm telling you that I believed for 20 years but every door closed on my face, until such time that I became too old.

Yes, it is possible that being totally alone in the world, with no one who loves or cares for me, is a wonderful thing. It is not the Islamic way, it is not Allah''s way, but if you are saying it is something that should make me joyous and content then I guess I will have to put some thought to that.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Sister Precious Star,I hope not to be offensive.there are those people who spend their life by studying,working and advancing in their career without reflecting that one day they'll get older.a really dear relative of my husband spent his life among the books and now at the age of 41 years he is searching for a wife.another one got married last year at the age of 51,but it wasn't enough,'cause after Ramadhan he made a really bad sin.............many things;I suppose,happen not because of the Will of Allah,but because we have the tendence to harm ourselves,and in some situations it's used to give to Allah the guilt of this or that.while we have to put the hand on our conscience and ask to ourselves why we deserve all this.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
May Allah take care of your affairs. As for me, I'm going to point out the following to clarify what I think has been misunderstood.
I will not assume that marriage, love, children, and companionship is bad for me. I will assume it is good for me. But I know that Allah does not want me to be a mother, a wife, a lover, or someone who is taken care of.
When you talk of what you desire, of what you don't know but Allah does, you prefer even not to "assume" it could be a problem for you, but when it comes to Allah's knowledge over yours, you are sure He wants it in a way that you don't like it.
Part of faith is to assume good of Allah. In you case, it could be, He kept you away from all that because He chose the better one of the two options for you. If you still want to believe otherwise, that's your call, but sister, that's only going to hurt you in the end and make you bitter. What we believe changes how we live.
The point of the first post was, Allah will accept your duas if you believe. And I'm telling you that I believed for 20 years but every door closed on my face, until such time that I became too old.
Yes, "if you believe. . ." I see you giving up on His Mercy. You choose to believe that Allah turned away from you.
Yes, it is possible that being totally alone in the world, with no one who loves or cares for me, is a wonderful thing. It is not the Islamic way, it is not Allah''s way, but if you are saying it is something that should make me joyous and content then I guess I will have to put some thought to that.
Totally alone, where you feel no one loves you or cares for you, but you are independent, you are healthy, you are educated, you see, you hear, you talk, you move as you please, your stomach is filled, you are clothed, you have a roof over your head, you have a family no matter how bitter, you are a muslim, you have a hope for Jannah, a fear of Jahanum. . . Isn't there more to be happy if you occupy you mind with that. Every breath that you take, every chance that Allah gives you to seek His pleasure is a blessing. We are all going to stop breathing any second, and once we do, is when we are going to wake up to realize what we cried over has no significance.

I'm not saying that you didn't had enough hope and faith in Allah when you asked Him for all that you desired, I'm saying continue having faith in Him as your Rabb, your Malik and your Khaliq to fight your sadness. Rest is up to you.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Allah surely has His plans,I'm not saying that you deserve to stay alone,but remember that for those who Allah hasn't chosen a partner there is a reward many times higher than the ones who have received any kind of blessings on this Dunya

Precious Star

Sister Precious Star,I hope not to be offensive.there are those people who spend their life by studying,working and advancing in their career without reflecting that one day they'll get older.a really dear relative of my husband spent his life among the books and now at the age of 41 years he is searching for a wife.another one got married last year at the age of 51,but it wasn't enough,'cause after Ramadhan he made a really bad sin.............many things;I suppose,happen not because of the Will of Allah,but because we have the tendence to harm ourselves,and in some situations it's used to give to Allah the guilt of this or that.while we have to put the hand on our conscience and ask to ourselves why we deserve all this.

Why would I be offended? But I'm curious as to what your comment has to do with women who DO pray their entire lives for love + support but nothing happens -- not these men who don't think about marriage until they are much older? There are men - and women - who just decide they are not going to think about it, and when they don't think about it, they don't pray for it. But when you want something in life -- something good, that is, something that nourishes you -- then you ask Allah to bestow it.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I undesrtood what you meant to say,I'm not sure you'll understand what I'm gonna say....when I was just married,I wished to get pregnant,but it took 7 months before my wish got realized.Allah delayed my pregnancy for many reasons: pride(mustakbar,I was too much arrogant),stress and loss of work.my husband lost his work a few days before I delivered,but thank to Him we found another one much better of that.I think that everything has to happen following a certain direction.I've understood that e more I remembered Allah into my Du'as,the more my sense of anger/pride decreased.don't think that if He gave me now all what I want I have everything to be happy.there are some moments in which I feel really lonely.taking care of kids is always a business and I always have to grant them a good meal,where to sleep,where to study.what if one day Allah decides to test me with famine or anything else?.I everyday pray to overcome the evil which hurts me.it's not easy,I many times asked to "stop"this travel because of the burden I have to carry.I include you into my dua's and pray tha you'll find sooner what you're searching for

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:
Subhaanallah there's not a test that we're going through today except that Allah `azza wa jalla has already tested the people before us with it. We should do our best to follow in their footsteps.
Muwwarraq Al ’Ajli said:
“I have been asking my Lord for a thing in 20 years. And I have still not received it, and nor have I given up hope.”
Adab Shar’iyyah, 2/286.
“When Allah tests you it is never to destroy you. When He removes something in your possession it is (only) in order to empty your hands for an even greater gift.”
Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah)
This next one also seems appropriate for this topic. Inshaa'Allaah we benefit from these quotes.
“The divine decree related to the believer is always a bounty, even if it is in the form of withholding (something that is desired), and it is a blessing, even if it appears to be a trial, and an affliction that has befallen him is in reality a cure, even though it appears to be a disease!
Unfortunately, due to the ignorance of the worshiper, and his transgressions, he does not consider anything to be a gift or a blessing or a cure unless he can enjoy it immediately, and it is in accordance with his nature.
If he were only given a little bit of understanding, then he would have counted being withheld from as a blessing, and the sickness as a mercy, and he would relish the trouble that befalls him more than he relishes his ease, and he would enjoy poverty more than he enjoys richness, and he would be more thankful when he is blessed with little than when he is blessed with a lot.”
Madaarij al-Saalikeen 2/215-216, Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

A related article.

no-fruit-from-visitors.jpg

A few days ago, I received a letter in which someone was expressing dismay at a hardship they were witnessing, that would not end. The letter contained the line: “…I am angry. Why didn’t Allah listen to our du’a? Why?”
I decided to write this as a response because this is an unfortunately common reaction, and it’s due to a severe misunderstanding of how du’a’ (i.e. invoking God for something) works. We tend to this of du’a’ as a panic button: you’re in a tight situation, God promised repeatedly in the Qur’an that he responds to the one who invokes Him in need, therefore, if you get all the details right (last third of the night, concentration, etc), the next day you’ll see “the answer.” And if you don’t get “the answer,” you begin to internally doubt the promise of God. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) addressed this phenomenon in an authentic hadith collected by both al-Bukhari & Muslim. The wording in Muslim’s narration is more to the point:
A person’s invocation of God will continue to be answered – so long as he doesn’t ask for something sinful or to cut off a family member – and so long as he isn’t hasty.” He was asked: “How would they be hasty?” The Prophet replied: “By saying: ‘I prayed and I prayed, and I don’t see that I’m being answered,’ and he then loses hope and gives up invoking God.”
This is a very interesting hadith, and a deep look at it will teach you a lot about how du’a’ works, and how it doesn’t work.
Look at the Prophet’s words: …will continue to be answered… compare with the hasty person’s complaint: “I don’t see that I’m being answered.” At first, they may seem to contradict each other – how can a prayer ‘continue’ to be answered while the person doesn’t see an answer? Where is the answer? What happens is that there are situations where your prayers are answered in parts, such that something is happening to lead up to the answer you want to see, even if you don’t recognize these parts as a response to your prayers.
Imagine you are trapped in a room with no door, and the only way out is by breaking the window to climb out. All you have with you is a small pile of rocks. You pick up a rock and throw it at the window. It doesn’t smash, but it does cause a small crack. You throw another rock. Another crack. You throw another, then another, then another, until enough cracks form, one last rock smashes the window, and you now have a way out. This is how du’a’ works – each prayer results in a partial answer, a lead-up, and when you remain consistent and repeat the prayer over and over again, you finally get the full answer you want.
This is why in the popular hadith about the three men trapped in the cave, the first man’s prayer was enough to only move the boulder slightly. The second man’s prayer moved it just a little more, and it took the third man’s prayer to give them the answer they sought: for the boulder to move enough to allow them out of the cave. So, know that repetition and consistency is essential. Remember: the first rock will only make a crack in the glass, but enough rocks will smash the window and give you a way out.
And this will take time. The hadith says: …so long as he isn’t hasty.” When you water a seed to grow a plant, you don’t pour thirty gallons of water on it at once and wonder why nothing sprouted from beneath the soil. Rather, you water a bit, wait, water a bit, wait, and so on, knowing for a fact that no matter how long the process, the end result will be the grown flower you desire. Likewise, you know for a fact that God will fulfill His promise to you to respond to your prayers. But instantaneous miracles are exceptions to the rule. The rule is that the process of invoking God and getting a response involves time and demands patience, as Ibn al-Jawzi said in ‘Sayd al-Khatir’ (p. 148):
“Hardships have an end whose time is known only to God. So, anyone experiencing them has no choice but to be patient until that time is up. Losing patience before that time will not help anything. Patience is a must, but it is useless without prayer. The one praying should not be hasty, and should instead engage in worship through patience, prayers, and submission to the All-Wise…the hasty one is infringing on the function of the Planner, and this is not the proper position of a servant to be in. The best position to be in is to accept your fate, and this demands patience. To beg constantly in prayer is the most reliable recourse. Opposition to fate is forbidden, and infringes on the function of the Planner. Understand these points, and your hardship will be much easier to deal with…”​
But if God is able to change things instantly, why would He wait before answering your prayer? Because it is only through a prolonged struggle that you learn what your weaknesses are, are first to root them out, and replace them with strength. It’s like bitter medicine. This is why in the early days of Islam, when the Companions approached the Prophet as he sat next to the Ka’bah when they were being most intensely persecuted and asked him: “Won’t you pray for us to have victory? Won’t you invoke God for us?” his response was: “...but you are being too hasty.”
It wasn’t that God couldn’t wipe out all of the Quraysh that very instant. Rather, it was that the questioner was ignorant of the immense educational & developmental benefits that would be totally by passed had the Prophet’s supplication been answered then and there. And indeed, God saw fit that, for the most beloved people to Him, His promise would be fulfilled only after thirteen years of hot struggle in Makkah, and another ten in Madinah – a full 23 years! And by the end of those 23 years, they finally had the insight to understand that it should have happened no other way. Remember: the flower will blossom, but not overnight. You must water it over time.
Finally, understand that your prayers are answered within the framework of the natural laws of the Universe. God controls the events that occur within that framework, and He responds through that framework. Again, miracles do exist, but they are exceptions to the rule. An unmarried woman who prays for a child is unlikely to miraculously become pregnant like the Virgin Mary, and a woman at the age of 100 is unlikely to miraculously become pregnant like Sarah, the wife of Abraham. Rather, when you pray to God for a child, you know that this prayer will be fulfilled only through the process by which children are born: marriage, intimate relations, pregnancy, gestation, childbirth.
In the end, your prayer is fully answered, but only after the natural process took its course – a natural process which is itself controlled by God, and through which He alone answered your prayers. Prophet Joseph had a dream as a child in which God promised Him a position of authority over Egypt, and that promise was fulfilled. But a series of events had to occur first to get from Point A to Point B: he was taken by his brothers, he was thrown in the well, he was sold into slavery, he was thrown into prison, he interpreted the dreams of other inmates, which impressed the king, which led to his appointment as Egypt’s Minister of Finance, and thus was the promise in that childhood dream fulfilled for Joseph (peace be upon him). It had to come at the end of a series of seemingly unrelated precursors, but it came!
One more story from Egypt, and I shall close. After Sayyid Qutb was executed back in the late ’60s, his brother Muhammad and sister Hamidah were kept in prison, but were forbidden from seeing each other. The Interior Minister at the time, Sha’rawi Jum’ah, had also put a rule into place that none of the Islamists in that prison could receive fruit from visitors. After several years, Muhammad Qutb put in a request to be able to see his sister after all that time. Sha’rawi Jum’ah sent his reply: “You will not see your sister, dead or alive!
About a year passed, and a new government suddenly came into power and threw all of the former regime members in prison. Muhammad & Hamidah Qutb found themselves free, and Sha’rawi Jum’ah found himself now occupying a cell in that same prison. One day, his wife came to visit him in prison, and brought him a basket of food. The guard stopped her, searched the basket, and found some fruit inside. He asked her who she was visiting, and she replied: “My husband, Mr. Sha’rawi Jum’ah.” The guard informed her: “I’m sorry, but I must obey the rules: no fruit from visitors.
This is how du’a’ works. It is not a panic button that guarantees instant miracles. Rather, it involves time & depth; it demands consistency, repetition, persistence, patience, and insight. Above all, it is a process which revolves around the fact that every single second of the day, God has total knowledge & control of this entire Universe, and everyone & everything in it. So palms to the sky…
Tariq Mehanna
Tuesday, 6th of Rabi’ ath-Thani 1433/
28th of February 2012
Plymouth Correctional Facility
Isolation Unit, Cell # 107

Source

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
everything needs its time and if we see that our request delays to be exausted,there is a reason.the more one feel angry the more Allah gets angry,remember that He knows what is in our hearts