What should be our reaction?

loveislam1

AsalamAlikoum warahamtallah
This is my first post after my intro

I am struggling with something lately..... when we hear news for instance about anything like plots or bad things about muslims and we havent seen it, what should be our reaction, "oh my gosh those those arent real muslims or real islamic teachings how can they? This is not islam and start apologizing or saying they are "misguided"..... (or what my heart tells me to feel/say )Allah knows best the truth He alone sees the unseen.

I am very dsitraught over the reactions of some when faced with bad news about brothers and sisters and wish that I could find some quranic/hadith evidences that says we are to support our ummah and also we should not think badly about them especially if we didnt see anything and that some people can be liars or can be enemies of good and can make discord etc.
Jazak ALLAH khier for any help or guidance

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Walaykum Salaam
Of course, we must support the Ummah. Though, I'm not sure of any Hadith or any part of the Qur'an that says exactly this.

Here's something:

You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for
yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the
brain, and you are responsible for using them.(17:36)

So make sure what you hear on the News is right!

There's a Hadith which states (paraphrasing) that anyone who calls a Muslim a kuffar or anything bad will get what he said reveresed on him/her if it is found out on the Day of Judgement that the person you accused of being a kuffar etc. wasn't what you accused them to be.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, though. If I haven't, please evaluate some more.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AsalamAlikoum warahamtallah
This is my first post after my intro

I am struggling with something lately..... when we hear news for instance about anything like plots or bad things about muslims and we havent seen it, what should be our reaction, "oh my gosh those those arent real muslims or real islamic teachings how can they? This is not islam and start apologizing or saying they are "misguided"..... (or what my heart tells me to feel/say )Allah knows best the truth He alone sees the unseen.

I am very dsitraught over the reactions of some when faced with bad news about brothers and sisters and wish that I could find some quranic/hadith evidences that says we are to support our ummah and also we should not think badly about them especially if we didnt see anything and that some people can be liars or can be enemies of good and can make discord etc.
Jazak ALLAH khier for any help or guidance

AssalaamuAlaikum,

The only scale to identify the good or bad is the Message of our Lord Allah SWT. If you feel sorry, you do so for the sake of Allah. If you feel happy, you do so for the sake of Allah.

It also depends upon the personality of the people. If it is a mother who gets bad news about her child then she would be more emotional upon that. If it is Father the there is a less chance that he will show is sorrow so emotionally.

Any news event which comes from some reliable source, you can give your opinion on that in the light of Islam.

Now there is a principle, Given that the bad news is confirmed:
1- then that person will be severely condemned if he did something bad to other humans (Haqooq-ul-Ibaad).

2- If that person did bad in case of Haqooq-ullah (right of Allah towards man) then we better discuss about him how to bring him to right path.

If there are more good Muslims in community and there is a bad muslim, then that should be invited to the practice of Islam or should be boycotted if he does not repent.

If good muslims are in minority and most muslims are not practicing, then better not boycott them and try to convince them to the right path by socializing them, but keep in mind you will not be compromising in any case. For example if bad muslims want to have a social activity which is totally against Islam, then better not go to socialize even if you have good intension, but if they happen to have some normal activity then you can partly socialize just to do da'awah to them. If they dont repent then keep your relation with them to certain low level and dont bother to be involved too much that you slowpoison yourself from their bad character and finally you loose the way of Allah.

Wassalaam,
VE