What Will You Do in Muharram?

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

This month in the Islamic calender is called Muharram. It is considered to be one of the four holy months of the year, in which sins are seen as more severe and good deeds weighed heavier in one's favor.

“Verily, the number of months with Allah is twelve months (in a year), so it was ordained by Allah on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them, four are sacred. That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein…” [al-Tawbah 9:36]​

Abu Bakrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The year is twelve months of which four are sacred, the three consecutive months of Dhu’l-Qa’dah, Dhu’l-Hijjah and Muharram, and Rajab Mudar which comes between Jumaada and Sha’baan.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 2958).

I thought maybe some of us can use some motivation and better ourselves in this month. So the question arises what will you do to better yourself in this month? I will make an extra effort to have more patience with others and act more generously. Write what you will do and perhaps it may motivate you to accomplish your goal.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah
well of course to make everyday a worthful and beneficial day
as the saying goes 'may today be better than yesterday and tomorrow be better than today'
and be strongly firm, steadfast and istiqomah in our beloved deen
hope to make a big change - not sure yet of what though :)
prioritise more in my life 'First things first' - taken in the 7th habits of highly effective people
inshaAllah with Allah's will may the people around me embraces islam fully
and would like to go visit other countries; it will surely be a memorable experience as Allah says in the quran to travel around the earth as to reflect of his Signs
show more love and kindness to our brothers and sisters only for the sake of Allah
and if this would be the last muharram for me (as we dont know when is our time) hope to leave this world in imann and may we gain khusnul khatimah (the good endings in our life)
aminn Ya Rabbal Alaminn :) :)
:wasalam:

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

JazakAllahu Kharyan for the suggestions. Perhaps reading the Qur'an more is also a suggestion many would wish to follow because it may bring greater hasaanat (good deeds) during this month.

And Allah Knows Best.