who was Ouais Ibn Amer?

AdamMuslim

Besm Allah,
Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah,

Dear brother and sister,
I've heard recently about somone called OUAIS IBN AMER who was OMAR's contemporary.
Did anybody knows anything about him?

Jazakom Allah,
:wasalam:

amjaddamen

brother
dear brother
if you dn't mind please see my new thread about owais under the name

"the best of the successors to the Prophet's Companions "

adilib

Besm Allah,
Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah,

Dear brother and sister,
I've heard recently about somone called OUAIS IBN AMER who was OMAR's contemporary.
Did anybody knows anything about him?

Jazakom Allah,
:salam2:
bismillahirahmanirahim....
I am recollecting a kuthuba..pls correct me if i go wrong....
prophet muhammad (PBUH) once advised KALIFA UMAR... "when u find a person named Owais bin AMR who has an elderly mother ,ask him to include you in his prayers" coz PARADISE is assured to him
Prophet (PBUH) has also stated that he is from YEMEN..
. UMAR(PBUH) became the kalifa..and during his Kalifath he used to have frequent discussion with governers of YEMEN but did not forget to ask about OWAIS each time when he meet his delegates from Yemen but he was left unanswered .
each year Umar sees the HAJJ team from yemen, he used to enquire about OWAIS bin AMR.
After long time Umar found Owais in one of the group, called him up. and told him what Prophet (PBUH) cited about Owais Bin AMR.
Khalifa Umar made him the the governer of Yemen , but he refused to accept it as would like to prefer a simple life and wants to take care of hs old aged mother
When Umar was asked why Owais was very special to him, by the delegates of yemen, Umar told them what Prophet has told him about Owais.
Owais became famous which he did not like, he left his home land for Ethopia..
Years Later Umar came to know that Owais became a SHAHEED during a war with the Romans.
The moral from the life of Owais & why prophet mohammad(PBUH) cited as the paradise has been assured for Owais are
1. Owais cared for his Oldaged Mother
2.Owais was not greedy for wealth and Fame
3.Owais died for the cause of ISLAM

AdamMuslim

Besl Allah,
:salam2:
Jazak Allah brother,
but the answer by brother
amjaddamen seems to be more complete.