Why is it taking so long?

muhammad.abdullah

:salam2: sisters and brothers

I hope you are all fine. This thread might sound boring to you guys but honestly, i have no one around me to talk to. I have been engaged since May this year and am due to be married in the end of Jan or start of Feb inshallah. ITS TAKING TOOOOOOO LONG!

Time is not flying as it use to be:frown:. I have never been this lonely before in my life:(. I know i have someone to talk to but cant talk:SMILY27:. This wait has taken too long. I hate waiting. My family has been telling me to be patient and all the regular stuff but hey, a young man his problems and he needs someone to atleast talk to especially when he is far far far away from home. I am absolutely, completely, entirely, exclusively, amazingly, utterly, totally, exceptionally,terribly and only Allah knows what 'more ly' BLUE.:SMILY23:

Maybe i have gone nuts...:SMILY128:

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum,

It must be really hard on you but your best friend at this time should be your Divine Religion. Keep your faith in Allah Ta'allah and don't worry too much about anything. Before you know it, time would have passed by.

Allah Ta'allah says in his majestic words 'Alaa bizikri laahi tutmayyinal quloob.'

May Allah Ta'allah give you sabr-e-jameel. Ameen

Wasalaam.

muhammad.abdullah

you shuld take this over to the men's section

salam
Sister, i see no need to transfer it to men's section. I am not trying to make a point here,,,,i am feeling very low and lonely, thats why i opted to put it in writing and just let it out. One way to disperse my depression and NOTHING ELSE.

May be i was wrong to let it out, nevermind.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

Alhamdulillah, just make dua .lol You are engaged at least and have found someone to marry. I am not married yet. Its not easy to find the right person,
January/February not so far away.

Anyway you can talk to people on the forum lol .. Is there Masjid nearby? perhaps spend more time there. Read Quran, Hadith.. much better than spending time on Internet.

wassalam.

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Sister, i see no need to transfer it to men's section. I am not trying to make a point here,,,,i am feeling very low and lonely, thats why i opted to put it in writing and just let it out. One way to disperse my depression and NOTHING ELSE.

May be i was wrong to let it out, nevermind.

I see, sorry then, I thought you wanted it more private...but look at the bright side of this...end of january is quite near? What about us who aren't married and not going to any time soon? Stay patient and you will have what you deserve....

salams

muhammad.abdullah

wow a brother who is eager to get married, that is very but why is the engagement so long anyway? Is it sunnah?
Its definitely not the sunnah, its her education and a couple of other things that we need to get over with before we could go for nikah. Thats why i have customs, if you want to go for nikah after a couple of weeks or a month after you are engaged, the girl's family thinks there is something wrong or may be you are hiding something from them which would leak out if the engagement is prolonged over a period of some months...

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Its definitely not the sunnah, its her education and a couple of other things that we need to get over with before we could go for nikah. Thats why i have customs, if you want to go for nikah after a couple of weeks or a month after you are engaged, the girl's family thinks there is something wrong or may be you are hiding something from them which would leak out if the engagement is prolonged over a period of some months...

øøøh???? interesting?

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
oh dear the suspicions of family....:astag:

Inshallah January will come soon, and you will have a dear wife to keep you on your toes.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother your post is so sweet; your post made me smile. Your future wife will be very lucky. Now brother...you have maybe 90 days..that ain't nothing.
You can fast two days a week; you can read a couple of books and you can enjoy the last few weeks of bachellorhood. For the rest of your life things are going to be a little different.
and if you are lonely why don't you write a letter to a political detainee..they are not allowed to see anyone, their prayers are interrupted...there is so much to do.make your horizon a little wider.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous

wa alaikum salaam, I see...........is there also a provision where you are unable to talk to her through her wali.

Asalaamalikum,

I have argued about this subject with my family and friends. Engagement is a cultural practice and is not a Islamic practice. Engagement usually means that both parties are making the intention to getting married and letting everyone know. Unlike marriage, the two parties are prohibited from making physical contact.

Most engagements turn out to be successful and the couples end up getting married and having nikah. However, a few do not turn out successful and they move on with their lives. You can substitute the word "engagement" to just about anything i.e. "party," because Islamically your status does not change until you have nikah - where you have a marriage contract.

All Praises to Allah swt and the mistakes are mine.

Allahu alam (Allah Knows Best)

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Allah is with the patient. It does seem like a long time, to me anyway, Allah knows best. If everything is right, then it should not be prolonged, to my understanding it is Sunnah. Culture should not play a role in it, but unfortunately it does. May Allah help us, Ameen!!:tti_sister:

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
¨salam
ah.brother ur post realy made me smile.
aha v have same customs in here in pakistan.
after engangment girl n boy dont meet b4 marreg.
may b u ppl dont like this custom but personaly i like it prety much.
here its consept in our family that if girl meets her fiance after engangment n b4 marreg she won b looking prety beautiful n charming on her wedding day same with the boy.lol
FI AMANILLAH

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
:salam2: sisters and brothers

I hope you are all fine. This thread might sound boring to you guys but honestly, i have no one around me to talk to. I have been engaged since May this year and am due to be married in the end of Jan or start of Feb inshallah. ITS TAKING TOOOOOOO LONG!

Time is not flying as it use to be:frown:. I have never been this lonely before in my life:(. I know i have someone to talk to but cant talk:SMILY27:. This wait has taken too long. I hate waiting. My family has been telling me to be patient and all the regular stuff but hey, a young man his problems and he needs someone to atleast talk to especially when he is far far far away from home. I am absolutely, completely, entirely, exclusively, amazingly, utterly, totally, exceptionally,terribly and only Allah knows what 'more ly' BLUE.:SMILY23:

Maybe i have gone nuts...:SMILY128:

salam aleikum
Brother u should be smiling and happy :jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap:

U are so lucky to find your future ,MashAllah.Its the best thing to find the person to spend the rest of your life with( which is very hard to do now days :)) and to get married and to have family ..
Brother u are not alone Allah is with u...
Just think of the future ....

waaleikum salam

muhammad.abdullah

assalam o alaikum wr wbrkt

thanks everyone, honestly, i wasn't expecting even a single reply of comfort but it seems that Allah had planned otherwise. Thnaks again for everyones' comments and help.

ws