Why is that there are so many of us , but little contributions ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

There are over 1.5 billion muslims in the world , but our contributions to modern society is very little . I dont want to talk about what muslims did back then during the golden ages . But I mean the modern era . Jews are only 20 million in the world or less , but 40 nobel prize lareautes went to them in all fields and aside from the barbaric acts of Israel , it invented all sorts of things .

So why is that muslims hold a large percentage of the world population but not much contributions ? Is it because many muslims stick to islam and dont care about the world ? Or just muslims are not meant to be curious about the world like all the other groups of religions in the modern era ?

tabaria

The muslims are ruled by secularist, and elites who only wish to see muslims oppressed. And i realize that muslims now are meek and their leaders are downright cowardly. Not quick to stand up for themselves or religion.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I do not understand what measuring stick you are using. To state that Muslims have not made contributions is a negative stereotype. You mention the Nobel Prizes. Those are political by nature.
You write something about Muslims stick to Islam and do not care about the world. That makes no sense. Muslims are obligated to care about the world.
You are confusing the toys of technology with profound issues. You are looking at the world from a lens that is non-Muslim and making comparisons.
First stop being ashamed of being Muslim.

Islam!!yay

Salaam,

I do not understand what measuring stick you are using. To state that Muslims have not made contributions is a negative stereotype. You mention the Nobel Prizes. Those are political by nature.
You write something about Muslims stick to Islam and do not care about the world. That makes no sense. Muslims are obligated to care about the world.
You are confusing the toys of technology with profound issues. You are looking at the world from a lens that is non-Muslim and making comparisons.
First stop being ashamed of being Muslim.

im not ashamed dude , just wondering why soo many of us but very little contributions .

nori suja'i

Wa'alaikoom salam,

Pls bear in mind that Muslim are though to be honours,
Islam never teach us to stab from the back but Muslim honesty were being played out. now, who control the world economic?
if no capitals how are to do business?

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

because many muslims (specially arab-muslims) don't think right, due to the seduction of this life in this world.
We have plenty of potentials, But our leaders tend to care more about the personal and international affaires rather than the national public potentials of individuals.
From what I've witnessed (as an arab citizen) The arabic governments have been unjustly supressing such potentials, undervaluing the power of knowledge and education.

(This is a common problem in the middle east) And I pray to Allah the All Capable to guide our leaders ( Presidents, ministers, and even simple supervisors in small sections ).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First of all I am not a dude. This is an Islamic website.

You did not take the time to answer my question. You need to really think it through. You are comparing Muslims to non-Mulsims and in your opinion Muslims come out on the shorter side of the stick.
This is not good. We are not to do that. Do not make us into hypocrites.
You must be ashamed or else there would not be a need to use a yard stick.

If I need to simplify here goes: What do you mean by contribution. What is your measure of success.

Salaam,

You have a lot of research to do. Some people, be it a Jew, Christian or even Muslim are given recognition because it serves the ruling parties interest.

You seem to think the world is a perfect place & all humans want peace. This is not true. There are people out there that want total annilhilation of the planet including all heavenly religions.

Take a look at this thread as an example:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213540&postcount=38

abu'muhammad

Brother Islam yay,

referencing your starting post.

The primary objective of the muslim is to earn akhirah. The happy person in akhirah will be " the person who has been saved from hell and sent to heaven (jannah) ". - inshaAllah.

Muslims know that Allah has created them only for His worship. as Allah says
"wama khalaktul Jinna wal insa illa liyabudun." the translation means " I (Allah) did not create jinn and humankind except to worship me" ( 51:56)

The nobel prizes that you mentioned is good but let you have mentioned in which fields and for what work they have got those prizes.

If they have given all their precious time to one subject/topic they can achieve. Muslim's life is not centered, he has to be in society, he has to be with family, he has to be for community, he has to be for fellow muslims, he has to earn halaal earnings and has to be in search for.

So, isn't muslim contributing.

I may say his life is better than those who give whole life studying fish below the sea water or studying bacteria/viruses and nothing at all.

His life is more better than who develop mass ammunition , artilleries and so on.

The biggest contribution muslims have given are : discipline , tolerence, brotherhood , generosity , and so on lively qualities. The people live for those things. Money and civilisation can raise our living standards but cannot give peace and tranquility in life. That only islam can give.

It is my words to all promoters of modernisation that if muslim is on following of Islam, there will be a happiness and peace everywhere . The most here
and unlimited in akhirah - InshaAllah.

Those modernites and laureates, just you would find them craving for wealth and status. Just they are living for their own. Muslim is living for ummah and its welfare. Calling others to creator (Allah) , praying and seeking forgiveness for others, so that they may be saved from fire.

Muslims know they have say 60 years life , this is not station for him. and so he is making the deeds for the station of jannah. on such situation ,The poet said " someone has material of 100 years, but don't know about his next moment " urdu writing " samaan so baras ka pal ki khabar nahi."

The modern era as you say, we have seen the two worse fruits "world-wars" and so many wars. This modern era - is considering man without heart and emotions . and it has led the people just to run after money as hungry lions after the deer. i am finding ill effects of modern era rather than good effects.

note : I am not criticising any people or their work, or the system, but to only clarify certain points.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Historically if it were not for the body of knoweldge that Muslims have contributed to world where would the "modern " world be. No discovery is unique. It is built upon previous knowledge.

We have to understand what we mean by scientific. Islamic philosophy is the height of scientifc scrutiny.

Too, much of what is considered scientific theory is not law. What is pushed down our throats today is discarded a decade later. In my understanding even the theories of Einstein are being reconsidered.

Technology is problem solving. And, yes we are spoilt by some convienences.
And at least in the US many of the minds that asssit in the development of technology are Muslim minds. Dr. Sami Al-Arian case in point.

Genocide is good word. Where are the Muslims: Palestine, Iraq, etc. etc. etc.
Survival is important.

And at least in the US many of the minds that asssit in the development of technology are Muslim minds. Dr. Sami Al-Arian case in point.

Genocide is good word. Where are the Muslims: Palestine, Iraq, etc. etc. etc.
Survival is important.

Salaam,

Right on sister!

I've seen it with my own eyes. I use to audit universities here in the U.S. The federal government gives research grants for many different fields of study. I was suprised to not only see Muslims but many many foreigners who have moved from their country and are working in U.S institutions so that they can get the opportunity to perform research, contribute, and make moola ($$). Opportunity was not given to them in their home country for many reasons and war is one. I've even met a Muslim noble science prize winner working for an American university!

Brother Islam Yay your quick to point the finger at other Muslims (even though I don't agree with your premise & definitions) why haven't you made any contributions to the world? And if every Muslim was to think like this, the Islamic world would be stagnant.

abu'muhammad

Too, much of what is considered scientific theory is not law. What is pushed down our throats today is discarded a decade later. In my understanding even the theories of Einstein are being reconsidered.

:salam2: sister Mirajmom, I agree to your point.

the laws and rules by people are not unique. they are subjected to change. Just as the non-islamic governments put new rules and regulations to condemn or promote something . Because the humans have limited knowledge. Many of the scientists could not prove and justify their discoveries and einstein is one among them. He hold his opinion there is no black matter in universe, later he accepted. ( if am not wrong)

Science is studied by humans , and "to err is human". so there is no genuinity of it.

Islam!!yay

Anybody who wins a nobel prize , he/she didnt win it or ask for it . He/she discovered something important and the union decided to give him the nobel prize , he didnt do it for wealth . And If our sole purpose in life is to worship god , then why muslims in the golden ages contributed a lot ? I agree with our arab brother that arab constitutions are basically doing nothing for research , and I hope allah guide the leaders .

abu'muhammad

I know nobel prize and for what its given ! some controversial statements you have placed and if I"ll discuss on the matters that would be buhtaan (allegations) on those people from myself. And I don't find it productive .Just to say if you want answers to your question, then you should place good question, with sound and understandable meaning.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Son, there is a political motive behind the prizes.

Edison did not invent 9 tenths of what he was given credit for...

You are all over the place with your answers and questions. I strongly suggest you read the accounts of life in the gulags of the former USSR..that should open your eyes as to who really did the work.

What exactly are you asking regarding the consititutions of countries?

Amir_of_spain

I think what the brother is trying to say is why aren't we a major player in the scientific communit in terms of technology and development. I know our main overall goal is to please allah and to prepare for the hereafter, but that doesn't mean we live in caves like monks and neglect the use of scientific progress for the benefit of this ummah. As for the noble prize, this is only a award, science is science, regardless of prizes.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

The Prophet, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam said,

"When you deal in `eena (a type of interest/usury transaction), and you hold onto the tails of cows, and you are content with agriculture and you abandon Jihaad, Allaah will inflict humiliation upon you and will not remove it until you return to your religion."
[Silsalat as-Saheehah]​

Now ask yourself, how many Muslims deal in interest, specifically `eena? How many hold onto the tails of cows? How many are content with agriculture, and have abandoned Jihaad (in any form)? The fact is, most Muslims I can think of are guilty of all the above, and I'm sure many users here think the same. As promised, Allaah will send humiliation upon as, and it is clear that He the Most High has sent humiliation upon us, yet the very cure to this problem is in the hadeeth, "until you return to your religion". Yet you see some individuals today saying "leave off Islaam, the key to our success is to abandon Islaam, the niqaab and the beard and to study in the West and earn high-paid positions " or they are stupid enough to conclude, "our humiliation is due to our adherence to Islaam and lack of participation and contribution to the fields of science and business".

Subhaan Allaah?! Is this not the opposite of what the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said? Such people are calling to further humiliation, not rectification! Alhamdulillaah, the Messengers were sent to guide mankind and Muhammad `alayhi salaatu was-salaam, guided us to the cure for this very problem (yet these modern day, suited, beardless, ignorant [business]men are putting themselves forward claiming [indirectly] to possess better guidance, wana`udhubillaah!). May Allaah raise in rank, those who abide by the Qu'raan and the Sunnah, and follow the Messenger's guidance; may he aid those who try wholeheartedly in acting in according to the above hadeeth and act to rectifying themselves and their families. Aameen!

Was-salaam