why kill a teacher for doing no wrong

MubarekMuslimah

Hi

I dont think you are a muslim so I will try and explain for you a bit so you maybe understand a bit better...first of all the teddybear was named 'Muhammed' which is NOT the name of Islam's God - in Islam, God is called Allah and Muhammed pbuh was the FInal Messenger of Allah....we also believe in Jesus pbuh ,Moses pbuh - all the Prophets pbuh but we do not worship Muhammed pbuh or think he is God nor any of the Prophets pbut. We only worship Allah swt.

So the teddybear was named after Muhammed the Prophet of Islam. In Islam it is fobidden to insult the Prophet pbuh - but I personally do not think that the naming of the bear was an insult. I think it was an innocent mistake and this has been backed up by many people in the teacher's defence - including fellow muslims.

The majority of the Muslim world do not agree with her arrest or punishment and we are certainly not calling for her death. She is non muslim not muslim so I dont personally believe she can be ruled in this way, especially also because she is not a Sudanese citizen. I dont think she meant anything bad by it, it was just an innocent mistake of which I am sure she has learnt her lesson now.

I hope this helps.

Peace

soundluster

i guess i have been hearing it all day on the news and was wondering why is there people wanting to kill her for call a bear muhammad big deal it is a name nothing more ..i just wanted to know the reason for this that is all

muharram23

Staff member
why is that most of the islam fath calling for this teachers death for calling the class teddy bear islams gods name ?

Well, muslims usually over react to things, not thinking through clearly. They over react on the things they shouldnt, but not on the things they should. Anyways, islam is not calling for the death of this women, maybe some muslims are. I don't believe she should be killed because there is no proof that she called the teddy prophet muhammad. People during the time of our prophet savs used to call him a magician, saurcerer, bewitched, crazy, but he never sent army to kill. If she called him muhammad, so what, many people have the name muhammad, but not many muhammads are prophet muhammad. Muslims, should ask people of knowledge what to do and not just follow their desires. It would been better if they would react like this about the millions of muslims killed around the world, as much as the teddy bear thing.

ALlah knows best

Muharram

soundluster

sorry for my lack of understanding i mean no harm but i was wanting to go to the source of the faith find out more that is all and are muslims calling for her release ?

i cant understand the point in it like you said why are they not screaming death to the ones that kill there own people ? not something stupid like this

MubarekMuslimah

http://www.mcb.org.uk/article_detail.php?article=announcement-691

Hi again

Read the above. Its from the UK ( I dont know where you are) but its an example of what the muslims in the UK think and many other countries...

And yes in answer to your question I do think there are other people in this world, within the Muslim world too, that we should be speaking out against for their wrong doing ...the way this has been blown out of proportion is ridiculous and the energy could be better spent on fixing other problems in this world...I dont believe in screaming for the death of anyone though..

peace.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello, welcome to the site

I dont think any Muslims here would want that teacher harmed in any way.

The children in her class simply wanted call a teddy Muhammad, there nothing wrong with that lol

It is going out of hand, but you must realise that a single government or court or person is not representative of Islam.

You did a wise thing to ask here, i hope that you can find the answers you need.

please look here:

Misconceptions about Islam

Terrorism Not From Islam

and

Read This: Terrorism and the Oppression of Women Has Nothing to Do With True Islam.

Also, in more general terms>>>>

Why Angry Protests? Islam Does Not Condone Violence and Calls for Patience! -

soundluster

im in the usa and i work on the road for companys doing machine repair so i listend to alot of talk radio some is bull some is right on but im just shocked on this subject

MubarekMuslimah

I think we are all shocked to be honest....if you read the views in the link I posted you can see we are all feeling shocked and upset by what is going on...if we all communicated better in this world ( muslims and non-muslims) then maybe things like this wouldnt happen...I really hope they release her soon. After all she was only there to teach the children and help them and Im sure she loved Sudan but now things must be very different for her, she made an innocent mistake and its a big misunderstanding ...there are a lot of people in her defence, muslims and non-muslims - May Allah swt bring us back to peace. God willing, the people who are making this all worse ( some of the media) also see the errors of their ways.

muharram23

Staff member
sorry for my lack of understanding i mean no harm but i was wanting to go to the source of the faith find out more that is all and are muslims calling for her release ?

Well, im sure there is many muslims calling for it but since the media is controlled by zionists, they will just show the negative thing. They want to make islam look bad for people. Islam is beatiful, and thousands of people around the world, and in every country are accepting islam. If u study islam, ul c that it is really nice.

So, dont listen to the media a lot because it is trying to portray this religion, this truth, as evil, just like enemy forces were always fighting the prophets.

Muharram
Allah knows best

BintMuhammad

Staff member
:salam2:

Mashaa'Allaah I loved how everyone answered the question. Jazakallaahu Khayran and to soundluster, thank you so much for raising your question otherwise, you wouldn't understand so please do keep your questions coming. :hearts:

:wasalam:

tabaria

Sudan has a law were u are not allowed to insult any religion or its followers. This law applies to all religions. Obviously some muslims in Sudan got offended. This was an indirect reaction to the dannish cartoons.

The name mohammed is used differently accross the muslim world. In turkey they don't use it all but derivatives of it. You see many muslims from southern asia being named mohammed but they are called something else. Arabs use the name like any other name. I believe in the muslim orient they use it like the Arabs do. These are just general trends in populations and not something written in stone. I'm not sure how it is in Sudan. But could you imagine naming a teddy bear jesus or something like that? Some people would find it insulting.

dianne

Sudan has a law were u are not allowed to insult any religion or its followers. This law applies to all religions. Obviously some muslims in Sudan got offended. This was an indirect reaction to the dannish cartoons.

The name mohammed is used differently accross the muslim world. In turkey they don't use it all but derivatives of it. You see many muslims from southern asia being named mohammed but they are called something else. Arabs use the name like any other name. I believe in the muslim orient they use it like the Arabs do. These are just general trends in populations and not something written in stone. I'm not sure how it is in Sudan. But could you imagine naming a teddy bear jesus or something like that? Some people would find it insulting.

Salam,

I like Sudan,i think i wanna live there,coz Malaysian govt builds the property with Sudans govt - eg Petronas,School,agricultural etc

I think my mission is there,lol

wassalam

Abu_Luqmann

asalamualaykum,

The judge has made his decision and we should respect his decision.
Assalamualaikum,
I appreciate that the type of punishment ordered for her is in accordance with shariah. BUT is the verdict Islamic ?

It was not the teacher's decision to name the teddy 'Muhammed', the innocent children asked for it and voted for it.

The teddy is called 'Muhammed', not 'Prophet Muhammed'. Remember, the name 'Muhammed' was there before the last prophet, at his time and even now. It can be just any Muhammed. Why should the Sudanese
judge decide that the poor lady meant Prophet Muhammed?

She is not a muslim and may be unaware of the sentiments of muslims.
I personally believe that there is nothing wrong in calling a teddy 'Muhammed'. You are not calling a resentful object as 'Muhammed'. It is a teddy bear. I have not heard of any ruling that prevents it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Remember, they are doing this for the sake of the Prophet (pbuh) who showed us by example to forgive our adversaries. Now, how ironic is that?

Salams