Why so quick to denounce Western Media articles

Shak78

:salam2:

I am somewhat disturbed by a pattern I see on here regarding news articles by Western Media sources. Many on here are so quick to say they are lies and denounce them w/out either reading them or simply by seeing what news agency they come from? Why is this? I know the Western Media is shall we say unfriendly to Muslims but to totally disregard an article due to what site if comes from is ignorance. The Western media can not lie 100% of the time, the odds are astronomical. I find it very disturbing that it is a pattern on here.

One should of course read an article, analyze it and find out if it is true but many on here don't even do that, they just say "lie" and move on. What is the rationalization for this?

strive-may-i

:salam2:I am somewhat disturbed by a pattern I see on here regarding news articles by Western Media sources. Many on here are so quick to say they are lies and denounce them w/out either reading them or simply by seeing what news agency they come from? Why is this? I know the Western Media is shall we say unfriendly to Muslims but to totally disregard an article due to what site if comes from is ignorance. The Western media can not lie 100% of the time, the odds are astronomical. I find it very disturbing that it is a pattern on here. One should of course read an article, analyze it and find out if it is true but many on here don't even do that, they just say "lie" and move on. What is the rationalization for this?
Walaikum Ssalaam Warahmathullaahi wabarakaatuh,If the article is opinion, propaganda and not news, its bound to get denounced. And if a person is convinced that the media has denounced authentic news propagating, the person renounces the media.In US the channel fox news is known to be biased to one party. If we split this into a western media eastern media thing then that will not help us get this right. The burden of proof is actually on the media, but for many reasons, (goverment, lobby, media business house, revenue generation) Media covers, masks or sensationalizes it. Media world over has failed more often than not. Media exaggerates and presents a story/opinion, to the uninformed as NEWS. But thats not 'NEWS'. The persons world view is now built on this view. Own personal bias also often exaggerates this. The person takes it as The truth. And often its again another media news that tells the user what was distorted about his world view. If the person did not have a chance to get inputs from the other side of story, the world view is distored. And the world view is built on a tampered news. Then the moment of truth arrives, the person realized the world view was distorted.. Not all can digest and live with it. To be born in earth and to die with a false impression of say 70% of rest of humanity, by relying on a distorted media is not good.. Hence the label 'Media, they lie'. The consequence of this is people become insensitive to the state of affairs in the world. It loops back into the system. It becomes okay to distort NEWS, because everybody distorts, kind of thing... In a way it reflects the state of affairs in the world.Some do give benefit of doubt, show patience and try to extract facts from article or from alternate news sources. But is it not the duty of media? Now about the so called western media -- If you think about the astronomical odds of a lie, bigger the stakes bigger and effective the lie is what the sensible humans localted in the geopgraphy called west tell us. So the west finally wakes up, after the damage is done by the lie, so that a correction can be done?

Please read the TTI Threads
1. "Western Media"
( Aapa has excellent suggestion. Big brother Cult, Geoge Owells 1984 )

2. WHEN I READ SURA I THINK OF THE WESTERN MEDIA WORLD( i.e newspappers, tv)
[Brother Salahdin, has an interesting verse from Quran ]