Why was my post deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

The word 'Sex' is offensive as that is a personal practice which unfortunately western civilization has made into such an open & disgustingly marketable affair. Please respect other people/religions (not just Islam) views, thats the first step you can take.

I agree.....it is not something to be proud of.....and it is not just in America.

Because 'dating' is prohibited, in Islam and in the middle eastern countries, the guys do everything but have 'proper' physical union with the opposite or even same gender prior to marriage of another female. And they (some) do not save themselves for the 'virgins' they are to marry.

Well, doing things in a sneaky way...might not be the American way, but it is done... not only in the middle east....to avoid scandle from muslim brothers/sisters.
...... permiscuity is wrong....no matter where one lives.

J

jackisback

"go to websites like islamqa.com, it gives the answers from scholars who really know about islam, don't ask difficult question to 'your local muslim' because you got a big chance that they don't know the answer and just give you their opinion,"

yes i look at internet stuff as well, but i find sometimes it is helpful to talk to real people so that i can actually know what they are truly thinking. sometimes organizations are better at hiding their true motives.

"If your intent was not to offend, it is upto you to relay that to us."

I probably did, but how can we know since it was deleted?

"The word 'Sex' is offensive as that is a personal practice which unfortunately western civilization has made into such an open & disgustingly marketable affair. Please respect other people/religions (not just Islam) views, thats the first step you can take."

if you want me not to use the word "sex" in the future on this site i can do that, but i will not apologize for using it in the past, nor accept it as justification for the moderator deleting my post. the name of this site is "turntoislam.COM" .com is an American suffix, and NO ONE in America above the age of five finds this word offensive (actually the word semen which is mentioned in the Quran is more likely to offend, and is thought of as more descriptive). Given this is a .com (i.e. American) site in English how was I supposed to predict your extreme sensitivities? in summation it wouldn't give anyone the right to delete my post.

"As always, we are here to help & answer your questions. I have not replied to your original question as I feel the top referred to already answers it in detail & much better than I ever could."

Yes, i understand completely and i'm sorry i haven't checked that out yet. I'm almost afraid to because I know it will probably raise dozens more questions, which will mean i have to do more time consuming studying on the matter, and i'm already doing poorly in my classes in trying to study this stuff. :)

"My friend what you are doing is attacking history with a modern approach.you are judging history and culture based on the standerds of today. It is wrong and foolish to do so."

no, i specifically was NOT doing that. i did not call muhammad a child molester, i was merely pointing out the bias in the culture i am from, and therefor the restraint i must use to properly analyze this objectively. This is pretty shocking news, so it takes a little bit of time for the shock to wear off that i may objectively consider the perspective that nine year olds are old enough to--how shall i say this?--consumate ones marraige with. But I repeat I am attempting to not judge this with by my cultural values. I know that a lot of the things you mentioned are true (although that wikipedia link about 12 years being the age of consent in America is actually a link to Canada), but the difference for me is that these aren't my prophets, and certainly not my greatest, most highly revered prophet, whose actions i see as being ordained by God as being right for all to follow for all time as I think most Muslims view most (if not all) of Mohammad's actions.

"Now i hope that dosent make Their god a child molester."

no Christian believes that God had sex with Mary, so he wouldn't be a molester. also, there is a big difference between age 9 and age 15 when she probably would have been actually married to Joseph. (i do not tell you this last opinion to engage in debate, i am just saying it to give you what the average Western Christian perspective would be.)

"After all, how can they say this marriage was wrong, when in the Arab culture it is normal for a girl at a young age to marry?."

was it normal for men as old as Mohammad to consumate with 9 year old wives? i think i heard that Mohammad was 51 at the time. I could be wrong about that, though. again, not trying to debate the significance of Mohammad's age, i am just curious.

Also, your written english is fine. :)

salam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
if you want me not to use the word "sex" in the future on this site i can do that, but i will not apologize for using it in the past, nor accept it as justification for the moderator deleting my post. the name of this site is "turntoislam.COM" .com is an American suffix, and NO ONE in America above the age of five finds this word offensive (actually the word semen which is mentioned in the Quran is more likely to offend, and is thought of as more descriptive). Given this is a .com (i.e. American) site in English how was I supposed to predict your extreme sensitivities? in summation it wouldn't give anyone the right to delete my post.

Truthfully, the word sex is not catogorized as extreme sensitivities to me. America and other countries have made 'sex' and 'gay' words which carry no weight or value. Which is pretty sad cosidering people should have a right to their childhood, and when five-year-olds come home asking what gay means, they are growing up too fast.

Sex, the word is just a word, but the way it's being used is bad. It is an act preserved among husbands and wives in Islam, not on TV, not through bfs, but through marrige. Semen, is a fact of nature, not describing an act but an object.

Oh...... i think i'm going to bed, i have no idea if anything made sence.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
It was not the use of the word "sex" that made us delete your thread, but the way you wrote your sentences. All you had to do was ask a simple question. You went the long way around with throwing accusations. There is a difference. Whether you will accept this or not I do not know.

With regards the .COM suffix, pardon me but America does not own the Internet. This website is not American, it is an international website.

.com stands for commercial. It is the highest top level domain and the largest top level domain in use. Although this site is not commerical one, we prefer the use of .com because of its recognisability.

.us is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United States of America, established in 1985. Registrants of .us domains must be United States citizens, residents, or organizations, or a foreign entity with a presence in the United States.

i hate to repeat myself here, but i think that with all of the words coming out of the muslim world today which are largely totally lacking in civility, for you to accuse me of having "no idea how to speak with civility" is completely preposterous. considering what many of your brothers are saying you should be a little bit less likely to jump the gun in being offended.

Oh I see yes, those Muslims who lack civillity when 100,000s of their brothers and sisters are being Murdered. What i find preposterous is even considering that you believe Muslims are lacking civility. Who exactly are you talking about ? If it is extremists, then they dont even make a tiny fraction of the total Muslim population. If you mean the people who protest angrily, then perhaps you should see the following link:Why Angry Protests?

Nobody at the time of the Prophet :saw: objected to his marriage to Aisha. Her hand in marriage was given to the Prophet by her own father, she willingly accepted. This was the norm of that time. No polytheist, no Jew and no Christian objected, ridiculed or even mentioned anything with regard to Prophet Muhammad's marriage to Aisha. It was accepted that a marriage was seen lawful when a person had attained puberty. This was the norm for not just the Prophet's time, but for 1000s of years.

In recent times things have changed, people's point of view has changed.

I recommend you read the Following Link:

The Young Marriage of 'Aa'ishah, The Mother of the Believers.

this thread has reached its end now,

time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.