why will Allah torture disbelievers for an eternity if he is merciful?

wantobeMumin

One who has been brought up as a Muslim, hears the message in its true and correct form and accepts it, has an advantage over someone who is not brought up as a Muslim, hears the message in its true and correct form, but then rejects it in favor of the religion with which they were raised.
It is no coincidence that people tend to believe in the religion they were born into.
So either the judgement is not fair, or the commentary is not true.

Ibrahim was born into the family of fire worshipers and yet he used his brain to decipher a simple fact that fire and those man made idols could not possibly help them. He searched the truth and found it. Same goes for millions of muslims who were brought the message of islam through different means and they accepted it. my family was hindu before they accepted islam. they only had to go an extra mile to find the truth even if they were not born into it. Allah guides who HE wills and He guides who sincerely seek guidance.

Townie

Abraham lived in a time when it was possible to see God and have 'dialogues' with Him; when he appeared as a burning bush or a great cloud on a mountain, and when he was in the habit of giving people commandments on tablets of stone.
That gave him an advantage over our hypothetical Mormon girl, who hears the message in its true form, but rejects it in favour of the religion of her family and all the people round her.
So if God guides some to accept the truth, but neglects to guide others, yet then intends to torture the latter for all eternity, that doesn't sound like a very just God to me.

wantobeMumin

^ this tone of yours is all too familiar. So you are here to find errors not to seek knowledge. good luck!

i have no intention to waste my energy to explain something to you which you already know but are too stubborn to accept that. You think those people in the paste believed in God because they could see him? If you read bible of Quran you would know that them people still didst believe even after seeing all those miracles.
if they had some advantage then you have an advantage too. they didn't have internet , they didn't have access to knowledge like we do.

know this that Allah is Just and He has the final say as to what must happen to you and me. Remember Him, seek help from Him that he may make it easier for you to believe in Him.
May Allah guide us all!

Townie

^ this tone of yours is all too familiar. So you are here to find errors not to seek knowledge. good luck!

i have no intention to waste my energy to explain something to you which you already know but are too stubborn to accept that. You think those people in the paste believed in God because they could see him? If you read bible of Quran you would know that them people still didst believe even after seeing all those miracles.
if they had some advantage then you have an advantage too. they didn't have internet , they didn't have access to knowledge like we do.

know this that Allah is Just and He has the final say as to what must happen to you and me. Remember Him, seek help from Him that he may make it easier for you to believe in Him.
May Allah guide us all!
Pretty poor reply, but that's ok. Your previous post made no sense and when I pointed it out you are rude, I assume because you have no real answer.
Thanks anyway.