working as a call center agent; halah or haram?

arzafar

:salam2:

ok im jobless but alhamdullillah can speak good english. Should i work as a telemarketer; knowing that in marketing often you have to 'lie' about stuff you are selling? Is this halah or not?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
You can never lie about business. That's haram. If you don't have to lie about anything and just advertise, then I can't see anything wrong with it.

arzafar

actually it's not fraud but it's a form of marketing. you make unsolicited calls and try to sell things.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Join the group..I am looking, too.

Call centers do not always lie. You can do many types of services. You can work for a bank, you can work for cable companies, etc. The pay is better than minimum wage. You do have to sit for long periods of time. I used to stand and walk around my cubicle. It is impersonal but it is quick money for a short period of time.

Sometimes the bonuses are better than the pay. In one job my bonuses were more than my paycheck every two weeks. I had tons of money. Just be sure you are comfortable with the product or service.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH

ok im jobless but alhamdullillah can speak good english. Should i work as a telemarketer; knowing that in marketing often you have to 'lie' about stuff you are selling? Is this halah or not?
As Salaamu Alaikhum, do u know 4 sure that what the sales pitch says is a falsehood from what the product does or does not do? If so, just omit that section from the pitch unless u r asked about it, then i would think u'd b ok. not ever being 1 i don't know the marketing ploy 4 the workers of the phone base, but i find it hard 2 believe that they would condone out right lies about a product, that's bad 4 business. May ALLAH guide u n this matter, insha ALLAH may u find something that will not put u n this type of position. ASA

DanyalSAC

Lying about a product to sell it is not only immoral but it is also illegal in the US, but I'm not sure if this is the same all over.

arzafar

Lying about a product to sell it is not only immoral but it is also illegal in the US, but I'm not sure if this is the same all over.

i mean it's not lying but more of over-promise (with some fine print) an lying by omission. but isn all marketing like that.

fada_all

salam alikum warahmatu allah taala wa barakatuh,

im not sure of the answer , and i can't give a Fatwa that im not sure of , yet i only advise you to make the Istikharah dou'aa and ask allah Sobhanahu wa taala to pave you the way ...THIS is what i used to do ..in everything that i wanted to ... or if i want to decide about sth ..or when i was working -- now im a house wife--and not sure about the new company , so this is my advise to you make Istikharah and insha allah everything will be clear ....
may allah guide us all to ,the right path ammennnnnnnnnnn

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum

i worked in like 3 call centers ... yep tough job honestly it is , but you dont have to lie, you can be honest about wat your selling and it depends on the way you try to do that, i never really tried to sell anything directly but i dont think i would be comfortable lieing , just try to learn more about your job description and talk to ur manager if there is lying just try to stop it.

hamza abbasi

salam alikum warahmatu allah taala wa barakatuh,

im not sure of the answer , and i can't give a Fatwa that im not sure of , yet i only advise you to make the Istikharah dou'aa and ask allah Sobhanahu wa taala to pave you the way ...THIS is what i used to do ..in everything that i wanted to ... or if i want to decide about sth ..or when i was working -- now im a house wife--and not sure about the new company , so this is my advise to you make Istikharah and insha allah everything will be clear ....
may allah guide us all to ,the right path ammennnnnnnnnnn
i am working in call center from 3 months i am not give wrong info about product but my intro is wrong and its a lie thats why iam not satisfied so can you guide me right way