Wrong answer game

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:
well you must give a fatwa because it's the condition of the game it's to answer a wrong answer it's the rule of the game and it's not lie .:angryred:
it's just a game with its condition.
if I'm wrong I get back but in my view it's nothung wrong
Allah know the bet.

wa alaykum salam

I'm not giving fatwa... i am giving my own type of naseeha insha'allah... it's not up to me whether anyone takes it at all :)

Of course Allah knows best.

Now think though... going a bit extreme... if i said, ok let's play a game the conditions are that you have to backbite a person everytime you get a wrong answer... does it make the backbiting right?? Even though and ESPECIALLY since you know you're backbiting a person, does it make something which is Haraam ... suddenly ok?

Think this way, if you can't do anything else that is haraam and label it as halaal and make it seem ok, why does it seem for lying it can be let off so easily?

I cannot narrate the Hadith directly but did the Prophet :saw: not say "The habitual lier is in the Hellfire" ?? :astag: May Allah save us from that!!

Yeah im with you,massi
god!! :girl3: its just a game and we are only having fun!!
Everyone knows its the wrong answer so its obvious not a lie!!!!!

well... depends on how you see it right? when everyone knows it's wrong... does that not make it MORE of a lie??? Remember, in Islaam there are no such things as white lies...

salam
yeh i agree with u sister.
i thinck that its just a game nothing wrong with it cuz every1 knows that v r lieing n its a just a agame.
waslam

As you say dear sister, bear these in mind as well:

The Prophet :saw: said,
“Woe on anyone who speaks to entertain the people by lying, woe on him, woe on him…” (Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi, and An-Nasa’i).

The Prophet :saw: also said, “One is not considered a true believer till he abandons lying for fun and arguing even if he was telling the truth” (Ahmad and At-Tabarani)

acha wat abt game.
have u forgot the game.lolz
waslam

Allahu Alem... ok please continue if you so wish. I am worse than all of you I am sure, and thus have no right to judge anything of what you all do. Truly... may Allah forgive me as I make mistakes left and right... and May He guide us all to the truth and make us of those who are the Siddiqeen. Ameen.

Here is your next question insha'allah, I am losing by not lying to the last but go for it:

What does Islam mean?

Points -

- Will you knowingly lie now?
- If not? Why? It's hypocritical to answer one type of question and deny another in this all inclusive game.
- If something does not contain Islam where is the barakah?

Please I implore you all to answer. I think I'm being brash... and wallahi... please bear no hard feelings at me for this, because my intention is not to offend or to get anyone sad!!! i'm just trying to bring about an understanding.

barkallahu feek. You may Allah skip my question if you wish.... it's 2:05 AM to late to be dealing with such matters ....

Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, ash-hadu allaa ilaaha illaa Anta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilayka

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I also felt uncomfortable about this game. If one could not accept this as a form of lying then let's just say it's best if we stick to the basic rule that whatever makes us doubt, best to leave it.

Remember, in Islaam there are no such things as white lies...

Actually, there is sister...

The basic rule with regard to lying is that it is not permitted, but there are certain circumstances in which Islam permits lying to serve a greater purpose or to prevent harm.

One of these situations is when a person mediates between two disputing parties in order to reconcile between them, if reconciliation cannot be achieved in any other way. Um Kalthoom (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He is not a liar who reconciles between people and conveys something good or says something good.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 2495).http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=2424&ln=eng&txt=lying

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Actually, there is sister...

wa alaykum salam...

yep that's absolutely correct... jazakillah for adding that... but what i was referring to was the "down-grading" of lies so to speak... making them small...

Definitions said:
white' lie'
–noun a minor, polite, or harmless lie; fib.

white lie
n. An often trivial, diplomatic or well-intentioned untruth.

white lie
noun
an unimportant lie (especially one told to be tactful or polite)

white lie
a not very serious lie

I think that condition kind of refers to the second definition... whilst I was talking in general of calling lies "not very serious"

Again Allahu 'Alem ... good night :) :SMILY259:

wasalam

ShaheedU

Extinct
What does Islam mean?

Assalaamualaikum,

SubhanAllaah, what a wonderful post, but how can you not know the answer to that sister?!!:D

People often say 'Islaam means peace', however it means submission, total submission to Allaah. It also has the meaning 'peace' which only comes through Islaam. The Muslim is the one who submits, everyone agrees on that, no-one ever says the muslim is the one who offers peace.

Anyways, i answer your question truthfully as i agree with you, jazakillaah for bringing this to our attention.

May Allaah guide as all to the straight path, and help us guard our tongues from evil and keep it active with the dhikr of Allaah. ameen.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
wa alaykum salam

I'm not giving fatwa... i am giving my own type of naseeha insha'allah... it's not up to me whether anyone takes it at all :)

Of course Allah knows best.

Now think though... going a bit extreme... if i said, ok let's play a game the conditions are that you have to backbite a person everytime you get a wrong answer... does it make the backbiting right?? Even though and ESPECIALLY since you know you're backbiting a person, does it make something which is Haraam ... suddenly ok?

Think this way, if you can't do anything else that is haraam and label it as halaal and make it seem ok, why does it seem for lying it can be let off so easily?

I cannot narrate the Hadith directly but did the Prophet :saw: not say "The habitual lier is in the Hellfire" ?? :astag: May Allah save us from that!!

well... depends on how you see it right? when everyone knows it's wrong... does that not make it MORE of a lie??? Remember, in Islaam there are no such things as white lies...

As you say dear sister, bear these in mind as well:

The Prophet :saw: said,
“Woe on anyone who speaks to entertain the people by lying, woe on him, woe on him…” (Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi, and An-Nasa’i).

The Prophet :saw: also said, “One is not considered a true believer till he abandons lying for fun and arguing even if he was telling the truth” (Ahmad and At-Tabarani)

Allahu Alem... ok please continue if you so wish. I am worse than all of you I am sure, and thus have no right to judge anything of what you all do. Truly... may Allah forgive me as I make mistakes left and right... and May He guide us all to the truth and make us of those who are the Siddiqeen. Ameen.

Here is your next question insha'allah, I am losing by not lying to the last but go for it:

What does Islam mean?

Points -

- Will you knowingly lie now?
- If not? Why? It's hypocritical to answer one type of question and deny another in this all inclusive game.
- If something does not contain Islam where is the barakah?

Please I implore you all to answer. I think I'm being brash... and wallahi... please bear no hard feelings at me for this, because my intention is not to offend or to get anyone sad!!! i'm just trying to bring about an understanding.

barkallahu feek. You may Allah skip my question if you wish.... it's 2:05 AM to late to be dealing with such matters ....

Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, ash-hadu allaa ilaaha illaa Anta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilayka
CLOSE THE THREAD THEN SIS.
never mind, i wil handle it.

*THREAD CLOSED*:D

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Thats my girl SAMIHA... Thats what im talking about... SHUT DOWN...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

She has a great point.. we know the answers are wrong but its still a lie...

P.s Samiha Love ya girl.. Keep it up
another p.s sorry to the thread opener( dont get upset with me im only messing around) ... u should be happy at least she didnt close it , she usually closes mine.... LOL samoohti

salam,