new sister with Autism! Help!

alyssa

Convert
My name is Alyssa. I am 23. I converted on MArch 31, 2006. My parents and family and Non-Muslim friends are against it. One is a missionary and always invites me to church and says lies about Islam. I am engaged to a man from morocco. My parents and family are also against it. I met him online in 2002. The thing is I have Autism and can't work and have no income, except SSI, which goes to my mom to be in charge of. She doesn't give it to me and says she will help me pay rent and stuff if I move out with it, but if I marry "HIM!" she won't give me a penny b/c she doesn't want me to support him while he just sits home (all lies). I can't really move out, and my fiance doesn't have enuf money to pay for my rent and food and his rent. Also, we can't get married until Jan at least. My family and non muslim "friends" hate me praying and hate Islam. Technically, even tho' I am over 18, I think my mom is my legal guardian. What should I do tp move out and get on with my life and increase my Imam? I don't see a way I can move out unless my parents give me money, which they refuse. They also refuse to drive me to the Masjid. Help!
~Alyssa

muslimah 06

Ya ALLAH!!
WOOOW THAT big sis it need someone more smarter than me all i can say is give it time all with time if you patient allah will reward you and help you:hijabi:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom sister,

May Allah make it easy for you and shower his mercy on you, its just a test stay strong no matter what happen you are the winner insha Allah

As for the money since you are over 18 years old this money belong to you legally they cant keep it if you want the mone you can go to the bank and tell them this money is yours legally they can not stop you from taking this money.

Let them know ( with respect) that the money is yours and you are over 18 and if you want the money legally you can have it, try to be patient till you able to get out and have your own place or get married, but in any way , legally you can take the money from them.

Wa salam alikom

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum,

I'd like to welcome you first to Islaam and may Allaah swt keep you on the right path and bless you AMEEN.

I'm sorry to hear about your ailment may Allaah swt cure you. Why don't you and your fiance get married and since he's normal maybe he can get a job instead. Also, forget about your friends who hate Islaam, they'll just pull you down even more if you pay attention to them. Sister, Inshaa'Allaah you'll be in my Du'as. May Allaah swt give you the strength you need Ameen.

alyssa

Convert
reason i can't...

Salaam alikom. Well, legally the SS office sends the money to my mom b/c I can't handle it. Mom says if I try to take it out of bank (there not suppossed to give it to me) I will get in trouble and maybe arressted!

"As for the money since you are over 18 years old this money belong to you legally they cant keep it if you want the mone you can go to the bank and tell them this money is yours legally they can not stop you from taking this money.

Let them know ( with respect) that the money is yours and you are over 18 and if you want the money legally you can have it, try to be patient till you able to get out and have your own place or get married, but in any way , legally you can take the money from them".

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I forgot to say..have you tried asking for help from your local masjid and from Muslim sisters in your neighbourhood? They might refer you to a Muslim owned establishment that can hire you and give you a light job.

alyssa

Convert
Salaam alikom,
Well there are no Muslims bussinesses here. We only have 400 Muslims. I only know of one Muslim counselor. No, I have never talked to the Masjid. SHould I? Is it true that I can recieve Zakat b/c I am considered needy? That is what I was told.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Salaam alikom,
Well there are no Muslims bussinesses here. We only have 400 Muslims. I only know of one Muslim counselor. No, I have never talked to the Masjid. SHould I? Is it true that I can recieve Zakat b/c I am considered needy? That is what I was told.

:salam2:

Not so sure about that coz you still have your parents sustaining you but I'm sure the masjid peopel would reach out to anyone who has problems, especially like yours Inshaa'Allaah they'll do whatever they can. :hearts:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

How about a job at a local library? I work at the university one. We have loads of people who have disabilities at our library. Also the university helps them out with school tuition and all :)

Most of the folks with disabilities do computer work..run errands...work in the mail room :) Plus I love working in the library...its a nice quiet environment.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI and welcome to Islam

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
First of all, welcome to the TTI family dear sister. Second of all I am sorry to hear about your situation, its so sad that parents take advantage of their children. My son is six years old, and is autistic also, I know you are older, and he gets SSI also. When he turns 18, he has every right to that money, not the parents. It does not matter how they feel you cant handle your money, your are an adult. My brother has epilepsy, he is 38, and he gets his check every month, he has his disability also. I would say go to your local masjid and get some help and get married as soon as possible. I will pray for you dear sister.:tti_sister:

tabaria

Since your over 18 you can choose who the check goes too. Isn't there some kind of program to help out?
:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
My name is Alyssa. I am 23. I converted on MArch 31, 2006. My parents and family and Non-Muslim friends are against it. One is a missionary and always invites me to church and says lies about Islam. I am engaged to a man from morocco. My parents and family are also against it. I met him online in 2002. The thing is I have Autism and can't work and have no income, except SSI, which goes to my mom to be in charge of. She doesn't give it to me and says she will help me pay rent and stuff if I move out with it, but if I marry "HIM!" she won't give me a penny b/c she doesn't want me to support him while he just sits home (all lies). I can't really move out, and my fiance doesn't have enuf money to pay for my rent and food and his rent. Also, we can't get married until Jan at least. My family and non muslim "friends" hate me praying and hate Islam. Technically, even tho' I am over 18, I think my mom is my legal guardian. What should I do tp move out and get on with my life and increase my Imam? I don't see a way I can move out unless my parents give me money, which they refuse. They also refuse to drive me to the Masjid. Help!
~Alyssa

:salam2: Sis this is America....you are able to get your money from your mom, because as they say here in America there is "freedom" and you can fill out forms or whatever else and tell the government that you're not getting your money so that they can transfer it to you or to someone else whom you can trust. it has happened before to many, and they were able to solve this problem without getting another individual in trouble but they simple had their belongings back to them.:hijabi:

Shahzad

asalam o alaikum sister
stay firm on islam. ALLAH will help u inshALLAH. Take advice from ur local masjid and islamic community. They might help u inshALLAH. Dont give up.

Keep praying as well. ALLAH will reward u the best

wsalam
Shahzad

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum Sister,

I understand that it must be a tough time for you. But just remember one thing: Allah Ta'allah is our provider and in the most difficult of times He helps those in need. Just keep your faith and full "tawakkal" in Allah Ta'allah and Insha Allah your call will be answered by Him as he leaves no question or call unanswered. Keep praying and don't be ashamed of it. God is with you and He will find a way out for you Insha Allah.

Wasalaam.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

May Allah help you in every difficulty.

Be Cool; Allah needs you to ask him.:tti_sister: please supplicate.

do ye think that ye shall enter the gardin of bliss without such trials as came to those who passed away before you? they encounterd suffreing and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the messenger and those of faith who where with him cried ''when will come the help of allah? Ah verily, the help of allah is allways near.

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

Do not loose hope brotherly advice.

Supplicate and pray.

:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

Umm Amir

Salam aleikum.

welcome to TTi :)

Make duâ to Allâh subhana wa ta'ala and have patience :) Inshallah Allâh subhanâ wâ ta'âlâ will help you :)