My First Ramadan

vcorkhill

Al salaam a'alaykum

I am a new muslim who is approaching the month of ramadan with slight apprehension. This is purely due to my love of food and lack of will power!!!:SMILY149:

I know these are my failings which insh'allah will improve as well as the strengthen my faith during ramadan but I would really appreciate some words of advice from the experts! Any preparation that can help and any key verses from the qur'an that can help me if my will power is faltering?

I look forward to your replies.

Vicki

adiilah

Assalaamuralaikum Wrb

Masha Allah ...it a great news for me that u enter islam

Alhamdullilah u are preparing ur self mentally for ramadhan

It already something very positive that u in ur mind u are getting urself ready for it ....

Don't worry much about it ... Fasting it for Allah ....

U just take a suhur .... which may consist of a consistent meal .... like cereals and milk and a fruits if u are able and glasses of water and maybe a date also...

And insha Allah ...u would see the miracle...

Maybe on the first day u may find ur smotch roaring ....it quiet normal
the first one are hard ... but with zikr u would find it easy

No worry surely after the 3rd one ur body would adapt to it and insha Allah u would find it easy ....

It not about eating ...the more u eat ..the heavier u are and that not good for you ...u would feel sleepy and not active and fit ...

Eat enough at suhur for u are satisfied and Allah would make easy for u

Maybe if u are having some apprehension try to fast one or two time before...on monday or thursday

But ...i tell u something ...the fasting of ramadhan hold it blessing and it miracle...

Pray for Allah ....HE make easy what he see as difficult

Nothing is easy except wht Allah make easy for us

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Al salaam a'alaykum

I am a new muslim who is approaching the month of ramadan with slight apprehension. This is purely due to my love of food and lack of will power!!!:SMILY149:

I know these are my failings which insh'allah will improve as well as the strengthen my faith during ramadan but I would really appreciate some words of advice from the experts! Any preparation that can help and any key verses from the qur'an that can help me if my will power is faltering?

Vicki

You can try to practice before ramadhan comes. Maybe go without food and drinks for half a day , then 3/4 , then full day( from fajr to maghrib)

islamservant

Egyptian sister
welcome in islam :jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap:

all praise be to allah who guided u to the straight path:tti_sister:

and welcome here in ur family tti

inshaallah u will get benefit from this wonderful site:hijabi:

regarding ramadan:girl3:

do not worry my dear its easy :)

first of all

never think my dear that any one who do good deeds thats because of the power of his will:SMILY286:

no honey

its allah we worship and make du3aa to hime to help us and guide us and make it easy for us :tti_sister:

rely on allah :salah:

so make du3aa to allah to help u and make it easy for u

and watch this video for shaikh yusuf ests talking about ramada

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4832356302182642051&ei=&hl=en

it is a very good lesson

regarding u love food:SMILY231:

oh honey

we allllllllllll love food

so do not worry

look

it is still a month and a half till ramadan starts so u can train ur self on fasting step by step

i mean at first fast from dawn till 10 o'clock

after that till 12

after that till 2

after that till 4

until u reach the time of salat al maghrib

its realy easy honey so do not worry

also ,,, do not forget to eat and drink before the dawn ( suhur )

now

there r alot of vital questions regarding fasting and ramadan every muslim must know

like :
Women in Ramadaan.

What is permitted for the fasting person.

Things which invalidate the fast.

and other vital questions

u will find all of that here in this link

http://www.islamqa.com/en/cat/295

and if u faced a problem in understanding something feel free to ask

may allah help u and make it easy for u:tti_sister:

islamservant

Egyptian sister
here some cards

blessing-in-suhur.jpg

forget.jpg

ramadan-moon.jpg

when-break-the-fast.jpg

paradise-hell-gates.jpg

Shahzad

haahahah brother corkhill., Dont worry. ALLAH helps those who take initiative. Just practice wat the brother has said in this thread. InshALLAH , till ramzan, u will be able to live with out eating whole day :)

Almaas

:salam2:

Start off slowly and gradually increase the length of time you're fasting for.

Although, you're in Bradford, it may be hard to resist all the takeaways! :lol: Which are everywhere!

Good Luck! :hearts:

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:hijabi::salam2:
ramadan! yay i :SMILY252: ramadan
well, it might be hard for the first day but the second day and after that it will get better insha Allah. just remember to not think about food or make such a big deal out of it. pretend that u don't even know what food is:lol:
and... u might be really thirsty. may Allah make it easy u ameen:tti_sister:

:hijabi::wasalam:

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:wasalam:

Welcome to the community of Islam!

Ramadan is just round the corner!

Take it easy now, try out the suggestions given by brothers and sisters here

You will find it thouroughly different compare to any other month, physically and spiritually, trust me on this

Congratulation again and may Allah make it easy for you

Rudzia

Salam alaykum dear sister and brothers,
it is my first ramadan too,
I wanna ask about date excaly when Ramadan started. I will be greatful for answer.

:tti_sister:

Subhana Allah

tarannumsamir

as salaamualaikum.
dont worry.allah is merciful.fasting is just for allah swt.u will experience how allah makes it easy for his servants.
No. 2605 - Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and His Apostle, offer prayer perfectly and fasts the month of ramadan, will rightfully be granted Paradise by Allah, no matter whether he fights in Allah's Cause or remains in the land where he is born." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle ! Shall we acquaint the people with the is good news?" He said, "Paradise has one-hundred grades which Allah has reserved for the Mujahidin who fight in His Cause, and the distance between each of two grades is like the distance between the Heaven and the Earth. So, when you ask Allah (for something), ask for Al-firdaus which is the best and highest part of Paradise." (i.e. The sub-narrator added, "I think the Prophet also said, 'Above it (i.e. Al-Firdaus) is the Throne of Beneficent (i.e. Allah), and from it originate the rivers of Paradise.")

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
WeLCoMe To TTi
enjoy your stay here and if you want you can check the forums in TTI

Turn To Islam Start
Help Using Website
Introduce Yourself!

General Discussions
TurnToIslam Lounge !
Islamic Discussion
New and Current Affairs

TTI Member Central
His and Hers World
Word Games
Islamic Poetry
Learn Arabic

Islamic Files and Downloads @ TurnToIslam.Com
TurnToIslam Media Library
Quran Mp3 Downloads and Links
Nasheed/ Poetry Mp3 downloads.
Islamic Pictures
Mobile Zone

Islamic Media Section
New Muslim Video
Learn About Islam Videos
Quran Video
Nasheeds, Poems and Duas
Muslim Children Video
Muslim History Video
Learn How To do Prayer and Ablution Video

Islamic Articles Library
Islamic Articles And Important Information

Current Affairs Media Section
Palestine Video
Lebanon War
Iraq Video
Other Videos
Islamophobia

Other Languages
Arabic
Bosnian
French
German
Spanish
Portuguese
Italian
Dutch
Russian
Romanian

BinDre

Bored
I wanna ask about date excaly when Ramadan started. I will be greatful for answer.

Subhana Allah

Keep loggin in here, I'm sure when it's near there will be a big announcement posted.

But check islamicfinder.com for sure

islamservant

Egyptian sister

Subhana Allah

well

it will be inshaallah on 31 of august or 1st of september

depending on the country u live in

but do not worry:hearts:

when ramadan comes close u will find that all islamic sites and forums r speaking about ramadan :muslim_child:

khalidvaltrans

:salam2: Masha'Allah!
Welcome to Islam!
Insha'Allah Allah [swt] makes it easy for you. remember that fasting in ramadan will make u feel that how poor pepul are. so u can pay zaka or help poor pepuls.

nazaniamath

:ma:

Masha'Allah!
Welcome to Islam!
Insha'Allah Allah [swt] makes it easy for you.

**the real path in the world**
***islam***

Abu.Amirah

Subhana Allah

The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 19:58 Universal Time (i.e., 3:58 pm EDT, and 12:58 pm PDT ). This moon is impossible to be seen any where on earth on August 30. On August 31, the moon will be sightable in South America by naked eye, and possibly in South Africa and in Central America if wheather conditions are perfect. It would be very difficult to see in North America on August 31, but it will be visible on Sep 1, Insha-Allah. Therefore, first day of Ramadan (fasting) in North America according to sighting, is expected to be September 2, Insha-Allah. However, according to Saudi Ummul-Qura calendar, Fiqh Council of North America, and European Council for Fatwa and Research, the first day of Ramadan is on Monday, September 1, 2008.

In UK, the moon may still not be visible on September 1. However, according to a new Fatawa from Deoband, India, the first day of Ramadan in UK will be September 2, because the moon should be easily seen by naked eye from Australia to Morocco. In Pakistan also, sighting will be easy on September 1, and first day of Ramadan will also be September 2.

Please for further reference visit.... www.moonsighting.com

Jazakallah kheir

Abu.Amirah

Al salaam a'alaykum

Vicki

May Allah make it easy for you and us all when ramadhan comes!!
Maybe you can try to fast one or two days and try to see how it feels and test yourself.

One advice is that try to be active, as many during Ramadhan will be lazy and sleep as to show weakness of being hungry. This hunger is for us to learn alot ,in it we learn to be patient,we learn how poor people suffer and to remember them always, we learn to control ourselves from evil,we learn to do alot of ibadah....we muslims are like a vehicle which is always on the move, if we dont service the vehicle then surely it will break down.so this month is for us to service ourselves so that we r on the right track again.

Jazakallahu khier!