Does the Quran have contradictions?

Amir_of_spain

Many of these sites are funded and produced by certain christain groups primarily from the states. And their aim is to spread alot of lies and confusion regarding the Quran and its meaning. Many of the verses of the quran can be understood by a lay person, other verses are more complex and requires additional learning resources ie knowledge of historical events, science, hadiths etc. Heres a short example, there is a verse that says fight the disbelievers, now this can be taken out of context and used to contradict the peaceful message/verses, however within context that verse 'came down' during the time when a treaty was broken by the pagan arabs, thus giving permission for self defence. But all these propagandist aren't interested in learning the truth, so they wont bother in presenting you the truth, so dont be fooled by the ignorant.

abou hafs

As'salamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters,
I had read a few weeks ago that the Quran does in fact contain contradictions. Isn't the Quran supposed to be perfect with no doubt? I really need some explanations as to why the Quran will say one thing and in another part it will say something different. Is there a logical explanation? This is one thing that turned me away from being a Christian and coming to Islam. The contradictions of the Bible are very clear. Thank you all so much. :tti_sister:
assalam allaikum my sister in islam,thanks so much for your nice question and comment,actually,as muslims we must believe that all what has been revealed to us from Allah swt and his prophet mohammed peace be upon him is the truth,even if we didn't understand things sometimes,as abou ishak al howainy hafidahu Allah said:we must either look for the exact explantion from salaf al saleh,i mean considerable commentators of the holly quran,or go to someone who is more knowledgable in islamic studies,for me personnally,i'm not a scholar,i'm only student in english linguistics option,but i can tell you Insh'Allah swt the explanations that i've got from known scholars and trusted ones.
i hope Insh'Allah please sister to give me the verse that may cause troubles to you and i promise you Insh'Allah to give you the exact logical explanations.
before going into this,you must know that quran was revealed in particular time,for a particular periodes,and some of ghe verses in the quran were elliminated by others because the era which were revealed were diffirant from the other,so most of quranic verses are related to a particular event and particular time why they were revealed,this doesn't mean quran isn't applicable now,yes,it's rules are still applicable and they will be applicable until resuraction,the othe thing which is very important is to know the exact meanings,to understand the exact explanations of quran and the context in which each verse is revealed,and how the companions of the prophet peace be upon him understood it and what was the wisedom behind that all,in this respect,all your worries and things which cause troubles to you will go away,as ibn al qayim rahimahu Allah said"misunderstanding of the quran and sunnah is the cause of innovations and misguidance in the religion".
so let us for example talk about some superficial contradictions,in some quranic verses it says I,which refers to Allah swt,in others We,which may cause some people with bad intentions to attack islam,but as sheikh yusuf estes hafidahu allah said that we means a royal we,not sometihng which contradicts pure monotheism or tawheed,because when the king issued a plan he said that we decide to do so,which means that he calls himself we for respectful manner,in this way,the linguistic problem will be raised,the other thing is the creation of the universe,in all quran,it says that we have created the heavens and earth in 6 days,but in surat fusllat,it says that he created the heavens and earths in 8 days if we misunderstand it,so let's refer now to wonderful explanation by nasser saady tafseer rahimahu Allah to understand the real meaning of the verse and the same i found out in book called the torah,bible,quran and modern science that he created the earth in 2 days and then He put mountains and other solid matters in 2 days,in this way 4 days to complete the creation of earth and not 6 days as claimed by orientalists, and then in 2 days He created heavens,so 6 days and not 8 days,let's pass to another issue,the pious salaf of prophet peace be upon him used to say that the earth was created before the heaven which is as well a very established scientific and geoligical fact,but in one verse Allah swt said that you are firm or the sky He has made firm,then he made earth expanse,in this verse from it's uncorrect meaning it claims that the heavens were created before the earth which contradict the other verses and saying of all companions of the prophet,but ibn abbas radiya Allahou anh said in a book by explanation of surat al ikhlass by sheikh al islam ibn taymiya may Allah have mercy on him that Allah swt creaed the earth firstly,then the sky and then he made the earth widespread and expanse and made it suitable for llife in which he gushed water from it and sent rains to the earth after the whole proccess of creation.
that's all i have and i hope you can send me sister all the misconceptions and i'm ready to hand them to schoalrs to answer them all,ask Allah swt to teach you and to make you strong in truth,amine.
i hope from brothers and sisters to contribute in answering things i quoted wrong,all what i said was only simple replies and i seek forgivness from Allah swt to misguid or misguided and be a bridge to the hellfire wa salam allaikum.