Hello Everyone!

bradleyr

Hello all,
My name is Bradley and I am from Canada. I have joined the website to explore Islam further and to get to know and learn from muslims.
I was raised a secular Christian, sometimes going to church but never having any strong views put onto me by my family.
I became a Christian in my mid-teens, but struggled to reconcile my beleifs and my personal life, often choosing my peers over God.
I tried more in my early 20s to get to know God, but I had certain problems with the Notion of Jesus as God and Jesus as the only route to salvation.
I then began studying other religions, such as the baha'i faith and Sikhism, which I appreciated but I could not accept.
Recently, I have studied Judaism and was amazed at how well the faith went along with my beleifs, particularly in the onesness of God, etc, but there was too much of a barrier between myself and the Jewish faith, and I felt I could never be 'Jewish'. I longed for a community and for a religion that God wanted me to be a part of, however.

I never imagined myself becoming a Muslim, but I thought out of fairness I should learn more about it myself. Doing so showed me that Islam is a religion of great tolerance, acceptance, community and most importantly- about the worship of God and the use of reason and logic.

I look forward to meeting many of you and discussing the good bad and other aspects of my and others journey through this life.
Peace and blessing to you all.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Hello all,
My name is Bradley and I am from Canada. I have joined the website to explore Islam further and to get to know and learn from muslims.
I was raised a secular Christian, sometimes going to church but never having any strong views put onto me by my family.
I became a Christian in my mid-teens, but struggled to reconcile my beleifs and my personal life, often choosing my peers over God.
I tried more in my early 20s to get to know God, but I had certain problems with the Notion of Jesus as God and Jesus as the only route to salvation.
I then began studying other religions, such as the baha'i faith and Sikhism, which I appreciated but I could not accept.
Recently, I have studied Judaism and was amazed at how well the faith went along with my beleifs, particularly in the onesness of God, etc, but there was too much of a barrier between myself and the Jewish faith, and I felt I could never be 'Jewish'. I longed for a community and for a religion that God wanted me to be a part of, however.

I never imagined myself becoming a Muslim, but I thought out of fairness I should learn more about it myself. Doing so showed me that Islam is a religion of great tolerance, acceptance, community and most importantly- about the worship of God and the use of reason and logic.

I look forward to meeting many of you and discussing the good bad and other aspects of my and others journey through this life.

Hello Bradley.

Nice to have you hear. It is good to know that you're sincerely searching for truth. I hope this website can be of help to you, there are many beneficial threads here from which you learn about Islam. Feel free to join our discussions.

*Bahai used to be a deviant sect of Islam, and recently I believe in 2002 they declared themselves as a separate religion.
*Sikh religion is in a nutshell combination of principles of Islam and Hinduism.
You can find writings buy Sufi Muslims, in their book.

p.s.
Cool name, your name reminds me of a tank.
I think U.S. military has a tank or an armored vehicle named "Bradley"

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

WELCOME BRADLEY ,i appeciate your stance.May you find what you are looking for.
also i would like to add that the search for Whom you are looking for cannot be done without the help of the object of your search.i mean i read a story of a convert in which she merely and meekly said God if you exist guide me.
what i want to say is the beliefs of the true religion should be consistent with our true nature , so

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

lastly you have come that great distance.i wonder how deeply you want the truth for you to have come so close to islam despite the barriers that ppl try to put up but as Allah says in the Quran "SAY :THE TRUTH HAS ARRIVED AND FALSEHOOD PERISHED ! FOR FALSEHOOD IS BY ITS VERY NATURE BOUND TO PERISH."

THE best thing to happen to anyone in life s to come face to face with the words of the Life giver which is the Quran i.e speech of Alllah ...the pure,heart rending and heart healing ,it is the apex at which one needs nothing else except Him who is talking to you through the Quran .There is no god except Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah is in itself worth more than anything apart from it that has existed or can exist,in terms of things that can really matter .to us who seek what is meant to be sought -The pleasure and goodwill of Our Life giver and Life taker and He who is sustaining us and guiding us -and we thank Allah for that.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

and he who thinks of death finds the truth easy to accept
specially because we can choose our path.
whether we do or not is the test.

bradleyr

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your kind responses and warm welcomes!
I look forward to having some great discussions, learning alot and making some new friends along the way!
Thanks to everyone!

Maryam Sayyidina

enjoy this site and enjoy the beauty of Islam. open up your heart and mind to discover the truth religion.
Why don't you start the discussion by making thread?

lilisoo

الفقيره الى الله
salaam 3lykum

i hope that you can find wht you need here and i am sure that you will find the help that you need to know more about Islam
:tti_sister:

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

No need to thank us brother we are always there when you need help .how can we be not when you are loved by your Creator.and our Creator.and is not He the same.the ties of islam are stronger than anyother ties because they are based on Eternal truth ,hence eternal love.
may Allah BLESS YOU.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

and all muslims and may He increase His Light in us ,even though the unbelievers detest it.to them what they choose ,lets rejoice in the OUR LOVING LORD who has chosen us.and completed His favour on us.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Surah 93
The Forenoon ad Dhuha

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

By the white forenoon and the brooding night your Lord has neither forsaken you, nor does He hate you. Surely the life to come will be better for you than this present life. certainly your Lord will be bounteous to you and you will be satisfied. Did He not find you an orphan and give you a shelter? Did He not find you in error and guide you? Did He not find you poor and enrich you? Therefore do not wrong the orphan, nor chide away the beggar, but proclaim the goodness of your Lord.

Surah 94
Solace - Ashsharh

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Have We not lifted up your heart, and relieved you of your burden, which weighed down your back? And have We not given you high renown? With hardship comes ease. Indeed, with hardship comes ease. When you have completed your task resume your toil and seek your Lord with all fervour

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thanks everyone for your kind responses and warm welcomes!
I look forward to having some great discussions, learning alot and making some new friends along the way!
Thanks to everyone!

Hi Bradley. One way you can learn faster by asking things you would like to know about Islam. Someone from us will get you an answer. So I throw the ball in your court now.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Hello all,

and Peace be upon you too :)
welcome to TTI,hope it'll help you in your quest inshaAllah,enjoy your stay here.
Peace.