It's time for all of us to be honest

Seeker_2601

I want to believe. I do bear witness IF there is a god, then it is allah alone and that if hes real, muhammed would be his messenger but I cant feel him. I took the advice on here and tried to pray to him to give me a feeling, to give me a dream to make me itch or giggle but nothing. I felt like a fool with his head on the floor mumbling to himself...Is there a feeling? Do you get goosebumps or feel warmth or calm or anything when you realize that you believe in the creator of all things?
I want to so desperatly but I feel nothing. I'm scared to change who I am even though, assuming he's real, he would reward me. I dont want to lose my friendships, I've got family members who HATE Islam because they believe how I used to, that you're all terrorists. I try to explain to them but no. They all say you worship a black box and lick the floor and pray to muhammed. I told them the importance of Mecca and told them the story of Muhammed and they all just got upset with me because they thought I was going to become a muslim. Every time I pick up the Quran I just know that there is an answer it in for whatever little problem Im going through and I ask myself "How are the miracles of the Quran possible if it was not revealed by the one true god?" my answer is, "I dont know" It's quite frustrating really. I'm not sure if I believe in God, but I have read his miracles first hand. Like the one example I was given with the flower. How did it come from nothing? How is the earth at the exact posistion it needs to support life? There is no way that there are this many random things that fit perfectly. How do I feel nothing?

Now I'll share with you, complete strangers, a dream I had a few months ago.
I was in Mecca, at the Kaaba and there was an odd structure built around it. Much like a roman colloseum but shorter (roughly the same height as the kaaba itself). I was in a large group of people and we were all terribly upset by this new structure surrounding the kaaba until myself and another man, who I have no recolection of ever meeting or seeing anywhere else simply lifted up the new structure by its base (even though it was made of stone) and flipped it up over and away from the kaaba. We all, at the same time called out La Illaha ilallah (forgive me if thats spelled wrong), cheered, and then I woke up.
Does God speak to us through dreams? Could anyone think of a reason for the odd structure around the kaaba and why the group I was in was so upset about it? Or how easily the gentleman and I simply tossed the new structure out of the way? By the way, I dont see this as a form of divination, I just thought I saw somewhere that God speaks through dreams occasionally and was wondering if anyone here had thoughts.
What is it like to believe? What is it like to sacrifice something you know you'd enjoy now, for something much greater after death? What is it like to know he's watching and caring for you and that he'll take care of you, according to his plan? Is it a logical feeling? Emotional? something you cant describe? I'm just so sick of the lack of feeling towards anything but myself.

Imad

Are we labrats?

No we are not labrats and we are also not monkeys who evolved into humanbeings. Allah Has created us from Adam and Eve with brains to think and to distinguish right from wrong. You cannot compare a labrat to a humanbeing.

Merely to prove shaitan wrong?

Shaitan he himself has been created. Shaitan knows the truth, so why does Allah to prove anything to shaitan?

Shaitan obeyed Allah before, but after the creation of Adam he didn't want to prostrate.

Shaitan knows Allah speaks the truth, but he didn't want to obey. There is a big difference between knowing the truth and obeying. Some people know the truth but they don't want to follow because of the pleasure of this dunya (world). This pleasure is only for a short time and afterwards we will return.

to be continued insha Allah

Rashadi

I understand all these wonderful answers, I honestly do, but why does God need his law established here on earth? What is so special about earth? Assuming there were never any humans, earth would be fine and the natural order of the other animals would go unharmed. Very rarely do we do anything benificial to this planet and, although that is the fault of man's poor decisions, why does god need us? Look at his universe! We are nothing when compared to the vast infinity of space! What makes us so special? Are we just God's lab rats? does he call upon us to worship him, merely to prove Shaytan wrong? Is his ego so large that he didnt merely need mighty and perfect angels to worship him, but also we flawed human animals?
Another thing I forgot to mention was that many of Islam's rules make no sense to me. Why is it that eating with your left hand invites the devil to eat with you? Is it true that human images are forbidden in Islam and if so, arent the emoticons (which resemble human beings) that are on this website forbidden? Why cant God just tell us whats going on? Why speak in these riddles and parables when he could just rip the sky open and tell us, and THEN let us decide? Why allow all these false or semi true religions to be on earth when all it does is confuse people who are genuinely trying to please God? And what of the hunter gatherers of Africa and South america who have never seen outsiders and the vast majority of whom will die without every even thinking of a monotheistic religion? What of the native Americans who never heard the Gosple or Torah or Quran? Islam says that the prophet is a mercy to the worlds, but why only certain worlds? Why are so many going to die without ever knowing he existed, and no possible way of ever knowing he existed? If you were to try and explain to these native people the Idea that there is only one God who created every single little thing, they would laugh at you! And, short of forcing the idea upon them through violence, they would reject the notion without a second thought. Do they go to hell because they lived and died as pagans who did everything the Quran says not to do? They have sex out of marrige, they sing and dance, many times completely naked, they use natural intoxicants, they eat wild pigs and other such cloven hooved animals, they draw images and take them up as gods beside Allah, they basically break every single rule of Islam, so do they burn for it?

Salaam Aleykom seeker, first of all, no one will be punished for not knowing and God is the most Just and merciful. Trust me no one will be punished unjustly but everyone will get what they deserve. There are people who are kind, sincere, decent and loving but they have never heard of Islam and only worship as they are taught by others. It wouldn't be fair and God is the most wise and most merciful. It would be unjust and illogical for such to get punished because they didn't even know. Islam is submission to will of God and we are all born in submission and are in submission whether we know it or not. There is a difference between one who knew the truth, had access to it, it was properly brought to him and the person rejected out of arrogance, hatred, etc. A person may be a Muslim but not know it and in the end it is Allah alone who will judge us fairly.

Our duty is to make the message plain and available to all of mankind and the rest is between the people and Allah. as for yourself, I was reading about how you want to believe in Allah but have not felt anything and I can sort of relate to that. That was the case for me for a while as a Christian and it only recently changed. I would advise you to be sincere and open minded first. Then, make wudhu and make duah to Allah and ask Him to guide you to the truth. I have asked Allah to increase my iman and it has happened and I have asked Him for more knowledge and I learn everyday something and we all do. Of course not all my requests are granted but then again the Quran sdtates that we may want something that is bad and hate something which is good, Allah knows best. But in your case I would ask God for guidance, and knowledge.

May Allah open your heart and guide you to the straight path, Amin.

nounlu

Islam is a religion of peace. Do not convert to Islam if you want to
blow things up. There is no tolerance to such things in Islam. Also,
converting to Islam is not some cool gothic thing to do either. Best you can
do right now is to study the teacings and get some peace in you. May god
show you the right path.

Imad

Thanks Seeker,

May Allah give you the feeling i have, because i cann't describe this feeling. I will try, but it's more complicated.

Allah gave me a tongue to speak, a heart to love, Legs to walk, Hands to touch, eyes to watch. He is my sustainer and the sustainer of the whole world. If i do good he will give me paradise. How can i not love Him. I am not able to describe this love.

This love has been growing and growing by obeying Him. This world is only for short and to Him we will return.

I can only say: " Thank You Allah, thank You, Thank You. O Allah let me die as a muslim and let me enter paradise with our beloved Muhammad Sallalahu 3aleihi Wassalem"

Take care Seeker

a_stranger

All people of the world suffer from the wishper of Shaytan and the vain desires of their own selves and this is the cause of their sadness and ruin but some go to the pure message Allah swt revealed and understand with open heart and mind and follow the guidance and light then they will have the power to stop the evil of shaytan and make themselves follow the straight path......You have a freind who is your creator who loves you and care about you and promise you mercy and forgiveness and you have an enemy the Shaytan and your ownself ......walk in the way of your Lord and have more knoweldge in Islam .....Pray I am sure the answer will come and gates of peace and happiness will be opened .......You will never grasp how Allah is loving and mercifull. You are not alone in this way ....All humanity is suffering ....go the safe side and have faith in the one who created you .

a_stranger

Thanks Seeker,

May Allah give you the feeling i have, because i cann't describe this feeling. I will try, but it's more complicated.

Allah gave me a tongue to speak, a heart to love, Legs to walk, Hands to touch, eyes to watch. He is my sustainer and the sustainer of the whole world. If i do good he will give me paradise. How can i not love Him. I am not able to describe this love.

This love has been growing and growing by obeying Him. This world is only for short and to Him we will return.

I can only say: " Thank You Allah, thank You, Thank You. O Allah let me die as a muslim and let me enter paradise with our beloved Muhammad Sallalahu 3aleihi Wassalem"

Take care Seeker

AlhamduliAllah who guided us otherwise we are never be guided.

gazkour

Greetings

...Is there a feeling? Do you get goosebumps or feel warmth or calm or anything when you realize that you believe in the creator of all things?]

Seeker: be careful with expecting "physical feelings" as a 'sign'. Bear in mind that Islam is not about an 'emotion'. Feelings change and fluctuate: today you may feel blue but tomorrow you feel good, today you feel goosebumps towards someone or something and tomorrow you don't.

Allah has given every human enough signs : we can see, hear, walk, talk, not to mention the creation that is around us . It is just our ego and the love for this world that don't allow us to see.

However, Allah indeed grant His servants with great 'feelings', but you have to submit to Him first; you have to believe Him, not just believe in Him....please seeker : believe Him!

Maybe(just my opinion) that odd structure that you saw in your dream represents all the idols obstructing the free view of the Kaaba and the man that helped you maybe the Prophet(SAWS) showing you how easy it is to remove it away.

May Allah guide you and us all.

Seeker_2601

...Is there a feeling? Do you get goosebumps or feel warmth or calm or anything when you realize that you believe in the creator of all things?]

Seeker: be careful with expecting "physical feelings" as a 'sign'. Bear in mind that Islam is not about an 'emotion'. Feelings change and fluctuate: today you may feel blue but tomorrow you feel good, today you feel goosebumps towards someone or something and tomorrow you don't.

Allah has given every human enough signs : we can see, hear, walk, talk, not to mention the creation that is around us . It is just our ego and the love for this world that don't allow us to see.

However, Allah indeed grant His servants with great 'feelings', but you have to submit to Him first; you have to believe Him, not just believe in Him....please seeker : believe Him!

Maybe(just my opinion) that odd structure that you saw in your dream represents all the idols obstructing the free view of the Kaaba and the man that helped you maybe the Prophet(SAWS) showing you how easy it is to remove it away.

May Allah guide you and us all.

A very interesting theory on my dream. I had considered the possibility of the odd structure representing whatever is in me that still tends to resist Allah's religion, but never thought that the stranger who helped me could have been the prophet. Very interesting indeed.
Also, I had another odd question. Why is it that, numerous times, I've seen the word Shiite (sorry if thats spelled wrong) censored using ! and *? Is there still animosity between the shiite and sunni? What is the major difference between the two? Thanks so much guys

Khalil2u

do u not feel the wind
just stand and feel it
no man can do a thing that Allah can
do u not feel the sun kiss ur face evryday
ur lord put those here 4 u
do u not see 2 birds flying in the sky together
he made us in pairs
there r so many signs that Allah is real
open ur eyes
read quran
so many prophets went through what ur going thru with ur family
think of the reward
for choosing Allah
think of your new home in paradise
only Allah can grant u that
i pray that u will stay a muslim
inshallah u will

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I want to believe. I do bear witness IF there is a god, then it is allah alone and that if hes real, muhammed would be his messenger but I cant feel him. I took the advice on here and tried to pray to him to give me a feeling, to give me a dream to make me itch or giggle but nothing. I felt like a fool with his head on the floor mumbling to himself...Is there a feeling? Do you get goosebumps or feel warmth or calm or anything when you realize that you believe in the creator of all things?
I want to so desperatly but I feel nothing. I'm scared to change who I am even though, assuming he's real, he would reward me. I dont want to lose my friendships, I've got family members who HATE Islam because they believe how I used to, that you're all terrorists. I try to explain to them but no. They all say you worship a black box and lick the floor and pray to muhammed. I told them the importance of Mecca and told them the story of Muhammed and they all just got upset with me because they thought I was going to become a muslim. Every time I pick up the Quran I just know that there is an answer it in for whatever little problem Im going through and I ask myself "How are the miracles of the Quran possible if it was not revealed by the one true god?" my answer is, "I dont know" It's quite frustrating really. I'm not sure if I believe in God, but I have read his miracles first hand. Like the one example I was given with the flower. How did it come from nothing? How is the earth at the exact posistion it needs to support life? There is no way that there are this many random things that fit perfectly. How do I feel nothing?

Probably the reason you feel nothing is that because all human beings were already born with the feeling that there is one God, the sustainer of all things. Its just that the feeling has been in you so long, that you just take it for granted, just like you take your heart beating or your blood flowing through your veins or your breathing for granted. And if you suddenly acknowledge the knowledge that was always inside you, of course you wouldn't feel anything different. There is no feeling. You don't feel tingly or warm or like something magical is happening to you. You just feel "aware." You get knowledge, insight. You might feel like a barrier in your brain has opened up, or suddenly you're able to think of new thoughts and ideas, things you wouldn't have been able to think before you acknowledged God. That's the difference. Your thinking and your perception change. Otherwise, nothing else really :)

Of course you will face opposition. I'm a born muslim, my whole family's muslim, and just because I've decided to become more strict in my religion and to really start following everything I'm supposed to follow, my family has started looking at me weird. If I tell my family something I learned recently my dad starts mumbling something, and sometimes my mom even said that I'm becoming a fanatic, and that I should just follow as much as I can. I don't have any real support from my family. :( It really really saddens me sometimes, but then what's life without a struggle. This family struggle is my struggle, and I want to win in it. It's not easy, and I'm still struggling, sometimes I lose patience and snap. Then I realize I wasn't supposed to snap and feel horrible, and shut myself up somewhere and cry.. bottomline, its not easy! And this is my family, think of the opposition I'll get from outsiders. x_x;;

Now I'll share with you, complete strangers, a dream I had a few months ago.
I was in Mecca, at the Kaaba and there was an odd structure built around it. Much like a roman colloseum but shorter (roughly the same height as the kaaba itself). I was in a large group of people and we were all terribly upset by this new structure surrounding the kaaba until myself and another man, who I have no recolection of ever meeting or seeing anywhere else simply lifted up the new structure by its base (even though it was made of stone) and flipped it up over and away from the kaaba. We all, at the same time called out La Illaha ilallah (forgive me if thats spelled wrong), cheered, and then I woke up.
Does God speak to us through dreams? Could anyone think of a reason for the odd structure around the kaaba and why the group I was in was so upset about it? Or how easily the gentleman and I simply tossed the new structure out of the way? By the way, I dont see this as a form of divination, I just thought I saw somewhere that God speaks through dreams occasionally and was wondering if anyone here had thoughts.
What is it like to believe? What is it like to sacrifice something you know you'd enjoy now, for something much greater after death? What is it like to know he's watching and caring for you and that he'll take care of you, according to his plan? Is it a logical feeling? Emotional? something you cant describe? I'm just so sick of the lack of feeling towards anything but myself.

Mashallah, I'm envious of people who are new to Islam, because at times it seems like they get all the good dreams and completely open signs that I'd love to have so much! :) Your dream is WONDERFUL! Okay, think carefully of the feeling you experienced in the dream after you removed the structure and cheered. What was that feeling? What was going through your head? What was the feeling after you woke up? God definitely speaks through dreams, just its difficult to completely interpret it. But your dream is a good one, and a very good sign.

What is the feeling to know that God is watching you, and He'll take care of you? I wonder. I don't know really :) It's a happy feeling, a certainty in your heart that you want to live life as the best version of yourself you can be, to overcome all struggles life throws your way, to pass all tests, to face hardships knowing that all of these are tests, that in the end, nothing in life lasts, so why be depressed when something bad happens? To feel grateful for everything you have. To constantly feel grateful for your health, that you are free from so many maladies and diseases that affect hundreds in the world, to have the understanding and thankfulness that any of these diseases could affect you any second, but for now, you're safe and healthy, and for that you feel grateful. To know that you could die in the next minute, and then what? Do your dreams hopes and aspirations of the world really matter? If a person wants to be really rich and celebrity-famous, and strives most of his life for it, but then he dies before he can attain it. Then what? His dream was foolish and useless, wasn't it? But this feeling to do everything our Creator asked us to do, this is the only reality. And whatever we do to obtain for our own good in the Hereafter, its not a wild goose chase, and we'll indeed see the rewards or punishments in the end.

Sorry, I'm rambling. :lol: But you're a good person, Seeker. You have an open mind, and the ability to learn. We've seen many people on this site who come and ask and the more we try to explain to them, the more further away they go and they eventually close their mind and don't listen to any sense. But your different. Surely Allah has seen some good in you, which is why your slowly being led towards the truth. You too shouldn't disappoint Allah, and keep searching as much as you can until you find certainty. Ask us as much as you want. We'll answer.

May peace be upon you. I do hope I've helped even in the slightest.

Seeker_2601

Well, my friends, it's 6:50 in the AM over here and I cannot sleep. I've been listening to lectures from Yusuf Estes and Khalid Yasin and will try to comfort myself to sleep by reading from the Quran. I think im beggining to see what you've all said to me. A girl that I had a crush on just...isnt right for me. She does illegal drugs, and is...engaging in activities that I dont think I need any more of in my life. Sure the Goth stuff is cool and the music's great, but its not perfect. It numbs my wounds and questions, but does not heal them. I dont know if I believe just yet, but I've got a very, very good idea. Lets just hope that I'll be able to see the big picture and see everything a little more clearly by the time all this is over
Thanks again brothers and sisters. I hope to talk to you all again soon.
p.s. Your responses are great, keep them comming, they're all really helpful.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Don't worry, just take things lightly for now. You don't need to overwhelm yourself or anything. I did like music quite a lot. When I felt happy, I'd listen to happy songs, when I felt sad I'd listen to sad songs, but it wasn't a cure, you're absolutely right. It just packs up your problems and places them in the background for a little bit, but then after a while the problems are still there. Plus, music destroys concentration.

For now, don't rush into information about Islam. Learn just a little bit every day, let it all seep in. Then see where it takes you. :)

pcozzy

Hi Seeker,

Please forgive this Christian for interrupting, but I can't just stand by and watch you be confused when there is the slightest chance I can help.

Who is God that created all things? Every human who has their own idea on how everyone else should behave and how the world can have hope and peace is god of their own world. If everyone follows your opinion believing that your words are true and contain abundant life, they would want to live in your “world”. You have created a world that is good. You are god and king (or president) of the world you created.

TRUE:
http://www.tfd.com/true
true (tr
oomacr.gif
)adj. tru·er, tru·est 1. a. Consistent with fact or reality; not false or erroneous. See Synonyms at real1. See Usage Note at fact.
b. Truthful.

2. Real; genuine. See Synonyms at authentic.
3. Reliable; accurate: a true prophecy.
4. Faithful, as to a friend, vow, or cause; loyal. See Synonyms at faithful.
5. Sincerely felt or expressed; unfeigned: true grief.
6. Fundamental; essential: his true motive.
7. Rightful; legitimate: the true heir.
8. Exactly conforming to a rule, standard, or pattern: trying to sing true B.
9. Accurately shaped or fitted: a true wheel.
10. Accurately placed, delivered, or thrown.
11. Quick and exact in sensing and responding.
12. Determined with reference to the earth's axis, not the magnetic poles: true north.
13. Conforming to the definitive criteria of a natural group; typical: The horseshoe crab is not a true crab.
14. Narrowly particularized; highly specific: spoke of probity in the truest sense of the word.
15. Computer Science Indicating one of two possible values taken by a variable in Boolean logic or a binary device.

adv.1. In accord with reality, fact, or truthfulness.
2. Unswervingly; exactly: The archer aimed true.
3. So as to conform to a type, standard, or pattern.

tr.v. trued, tru·ing or true·ing, trues To position (something) so as to make it balanced, level, or square: trued up the long planks.

n.1. Truth or reality. Used with the.
2. Proper alignment or adjustment: out of true.

Where does it say "based on opinion, in this definition of true"?

The truth will always be true if you want to believe or not!

So you created a dvd player,
You don't become one to tell other dvd player how to work/function and follow your order/rule.

That doesn't make sense.

Sensibly there is a prototype made for other dvd players to function similar to and with newer and more improved version (to prevent running incorrectly) but all following the same basic function.

What seem to be practical that a creator would do, up to you to decide.

As a muslim, we submit to one God, and are provided with many facts/truths. Learn, for your sake.

After reading the punishment for polytheist and disbeliever, I start to cry for what you will face. It is that scary.

:wasalam:

ripefig

[QUOTE=waytruthlife

His name is Jesus. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. The light of the world. Follow Him and live in the world that He created and not the world that man created. Let Jesus be your God and not one who is unworthy of your worship.

:astag:

On the day of judgment, Jesus (peace be upon him) will be asked by his Lord "did you tell the people to worship you?" and he (Jesus) will distance himself from this concept and anyone who practice it. There is no forgiveness for anyone who joins partners with God and the fire of hell will be his/her destination. Jesus (pbuh) was a messenger of God!!!

Salaam Seeker_2601,

After awhile music gets boring, TV gets boring, the Newspapers all look the same, the Oscars, the Superbowls, the Olympics, etc all start to get boring. These are all distractions from the Truth. Satan is very patient to lead man astray. He will keep your mind content so that you don't question and seek for the Truth.

Study things such as the Federal Reserve, New World Order, Illuminati, MK Ultra, the U.S. Liberty ship attack in 1967, the truth about WWI, WWII, Vietname, Thomas Jefferson's Holy Quran....and of course the beauties of the noble Quran itself. Your mind & interests will change. Trust me. It's more fun to stimulate your mind & start a revolution.

This is a good wake up call: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3543161691381895251

Seeker_2601

To those who feel that they will "help" me see the light of Christianity, I'm sorry to say that I cannot become a Christian. I have seen far too much evidence provided by many different sources, Islamic and otherwise, that prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus cannot be God, nor is he the son of God. I have seen the contradictions and distortions in the Bible and if your bible is from the one true God, how are there mistakes? An interview with Yusuf Estes allowed me to discover a series of books called "Izhar Ul Haq". To the Christians here, I suggest you read some of those books.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
To those who feel that they will "help" me see the light of Christianity, I'm sorry to say that I cannot become a Christian. I have seen far too much evidence provided by many different sources, Islamic and otherwise, that prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus cannot be God, nor is he the son of God. I have seen the contradictions and distortions in the Bible and if your bible is from the one true God, how are there mistakes? An interview with Yusuf Estes allowed me to discover a series of books called "Izhar Ul Haq". To the Christians here, I suggest you read some of those books.

:salam2: brother may the peace and mercy of Allah be upon you
I read your post before, but Im not sure why i didn't reply well, after reading alot of your post I want to say something to you ... around a year or something ago I use to be really rebellious, i was not gothic but I had so much pain inside me that i wud always be angry and doing crazy things trying to compress pain, I never drank alcohol cuz no liquid could turn down the fire inside me, and i thought it was something that weak people drink. I use to do car racing, would hang out in downtown very late , I got offer from a very very wrong group to work for them but i refused cuz i didn't want a "Boss", and loud music fueled alot of things ... See im a gemini its not like i believe into those stuff but it gives me this really duel personality, I have alot of innocence on the face but so much evil inside, it made perfect so some of the really wrong jobs but i never did cuz it was not the way i roll i was a lone soul, the main problem with me was anger, I never get sad i always get mad. There was this one girl thou who i use to rreally like, she belonged to the gothic subculture, she had alot of piercing oh one thing that i really thought made her look crazy and tought was she used to wear a dog collar with spikes lol like it was crazy, but my life kinda flipped upside down when i stumbled on this forum and i came here cuz some non-muslim questioned me on islam and i didn't know wat to say so i came here to ask the question and than i just started reading post here and then after sometime i wudstay up at night watching AHmed Deedat, Zakir Naik, Yusuf estes (his conversion story was really inspiring and i really like listenning to him) ... I believe most of my anger came from the environment i was in and the music and smokeing and figthing and street racing really fueled alot of it, now I listen to islamic lectures and Quran instead of extreme loud music, and i quit street racing and all those stupid girls that wud be all over me but never gave me true happiness.
Im really glad to came to this website, maybe it can do the same for you but I hope you can find the inner peace that we are searching for, Pm me if you ever want to hook up we'll chill lol
Oh PS: i quit smoking too it was easier than i had anticipated lol i still get the cravings but i keep myself strong by remembering Allah (swt)
Just ask for forgiveness and ask God to make your path easier towards true guidance
take care bro