It's time for all of us to be honest

Seeker_2601

:salam2: brother may the peace and mercy of Allah be upon you
I read your post before, but Im not sure why i didn't reply well, after reading alot of your post I want to say something to you ... around a year or something ago I use to be really rebellious, i was not gothic but I had so much pain inside me that i wud always be angry and doing crazy things trying to compress pain, I never drank alcohol cuz no liquid could turn down the fire inside me, and i thought it was something that weak people drink. I use to do car racing, would hang out in downtown very late , I got offer from a very very wrong group to work for them but i refused cuz i didn't want a "Boss", and loud music fueled alot of things ... See im a gemini its not like i believe into those stuff but it gives me this really duel personality, I have alot of innocence on the face but so much evil inside, it made perfect so some of the really wrong jobs but i never did cuz it was not the way i roll i was a lone soul, the main problem with me was anger, I never get sad i always get mad. There was this one girl thou who i use to rreally like, she belonged to the gothic subculture, she had alot of piercing oh one thing that i really thought made her look crazy and tought was she used to wear a dog collar with spikes lol like it was crazy, but my life kinda flipped upside down when i stumbled on this forum and i came here cuz some non-muslim questioned me on islam and i didn't know wat to say so i came here to ask the question and than i just started reading post here and then after sometime i wudstay up at night watching AHmed Deedat, Zakir Naik, Yusuf estes (his conversion story was really inspiring and i really like listenning to him) ... I believe most of my anger came from the environment i was in and the music and smokeing and figthing and street racing really fueled alot of it, now I listen to islamic lectures and Quran instead of extreme loud music, and i quit street racing and all those stupid girls that wud be all over me but never gave me true happiness.
Im really glad to came to this website, maybe it can do the same for you but I hope you can find the inner peace that we are searching for, Pm me if you ever want to hook up we'll chill lol
Oh PS: i quit smoking too it was easier than i had anticipated lol i still get the cravings but i keep myself strong by remembering Allah (swt)
Just ask for forgiveness and ask God to make your path easier towards true guidance
take care bro

Haha, you sound like a man of my own heart. I find it fascinating that I've recieved so many different stories from so many different people. I've gotten messages from people begging me not to be sunni, not to be muslim in general, to not let these "mozlems" turn me from christ. I think that if people actually saw Islam, and actually saw their Christianity for what it really is, they would declare shahada in an instant and the only reason I have yet to do so is my struggle to find God in general. When i'm sure he's absolutly real, I'll make my declaration on the spot. Here's hoping it wont take to long.
Thanks for the support everyone,
-B

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Haha, you sound like a man of my own heart. I find it fascinating that I've recieved so many different stories from so many different people. I've gotten messages from people begging me not to be sunni, not to be muslim in general, to not let these "mozlems" turn me from christ. I think that if people actually saw Islam, and actually saw their Christianity for what it really is, they would declare shahada in an instant and the only reason I have yet to do so is my struggle to find God in general. When i'm sure he's absolutly real, I'll make my declaration on the spot. Here's hoping it wont take to long.
Thanks for the support everyone,
-B

:salam2: (peace be unto you)
Well its not like im really proud of alot of things i did in the past -- but i got to tell you 2 years ago it was 1st of ramadan i was fasting =) i enjoy fasting since i was like 5 or something so i was fasting and today we were doing drag racing with some friends on some area, well i wasn't driving we were going at 90 when my friend forgot to hit the brake before turning we crashed really bad our car went flying, Im not joking when i say this, i walked out of the car and my side of a the car didn't even have a scratch, i went in a lil bit of shock but when i snapped out i was amazed how the car was totalled like Done for sure, and my side did not even have a scratch it was shocking cuz the car fliped but we both weren't injured at all ... You know God shows us proof of his mercy and love but alot of times we r reluctant to understand, at that time i was like man was that lucky or wat I never connected that maybe God had something to do with it, Dont force yourself to do the shahada but brother dont do it too late, if i wud have died that day which i cud have easily, good thing that car fliped and landed with the roof on top so my head was safe otherwise if it had landed the other way around i wud have suffered serious injured especially in my neck and backbone ... the best way to connect to ALlah (swt) is listen to quran and read the translation, and we all are brothers and sisters here to help you ... but if u ever feel frustated cuz we have to admit it happens you always got a homie to chill with
add me on msn ([email protected]) or yahoo w/e works for you we can talk
PS: about sunni and other sects part ... i dont believe in any of those i just believe in being a muslim cuz thats the true path to Allah (swt) i just follow wat Quran and Authentic Hadith's say, dont let anyone else fool you, alot of christian missionaries tried to convert me , jehovah witness lol -- I am proud to be a muslim and want to die a muslim i find logic i find peace, the inner peace is the most beautiful thing of all, just dont listen to everyone get information but make ur own decision thats all i can say
=) aslam o alikum ( peace be unto you)

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum

Life is a test . Bad things happen because Allah gave us limited free will and satan is always trying to make us fail.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:
Shaheer-bhai's story of his accident reminded me of my own accident I had some 5 years ago. I was driving my scooty/moped (just google-image it if you don't know what that is, its a lightweight scooter for girls) back from university one day, I wasn't going super fast or anything. Till this day I don't know what really went wrong, but I was just going along on this straight road, and there was this motorcycle swerving in front of me, so I applied the hand brake, but my scooter didn't stop, maybe the brake came loose at that time. Anyway, I really needed to brake now because I had caught up with the vehicle in front and was about to collide fast. The brake didn't work, so I put both my feet on the road and tried to skid to a stop. Bad idea. I lost balance and the scooter skidded and completely tipped over on its side, sliding for a few meters on its side like that before I was thrown off in the middle of the road. And there was a car coming from the opposite direction which stopped just in time only a few inches from my face. The thing is, in those few seconds when the scooter was sliding on its side, and I was still on it, at that angle, my knees elbows and hands got very badly scraped with big red gashes and my clothes got torn at my knees and elbows, and the blood started to flow. Logically, at that angle, the side of my head should also have scraped along the road and should have been severely injured, because at that speed I couldn't hold my head away from the road and I wasn't wearing a helmet. But in those few dream-like seconds I remember feeling that there was something supporting my head, and stopping it from touching the road. It was like a "pillow of air." I don't know what it was. Allah probably commanded the angels to stop my head from getting hurt. And then I was thrown off, and the car coming from the other side just stopped only some inches away. Hm, so yes, I was saved that day. I've asked many times later on, why was I saved? I could have died then. Or I could have been very much more injured. But I wasn't. And that's one of my personal stories where I literally felt cared for by a higher power. These little things in our life, we just take for granted, laugh at them later on, thinking we got lucky. But there's really no luck in life, only the inevitable. Everything happens because of a reason, because of Allah's will.

Seeker, I'd like you to see this one really funny and amazing story of a person who was searching for the right religion and searching for signs, and he did find conviction in the end. Won't take long, its only a few minutes long, and its really interesting, I love it so much:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49152&highlight=funny+amazing+revert+story

Phoyage

Hi,

Let me try my best to answer you in a simple way.

i think i was much more difficult to believe in a Creator in the old days when human being had little knowledge about its own body about things surrounding him about the planet earth about the solar system,milky way,other galaxies and the universe as a whole.They needed clear miracles in the old days and Allah(s.w.t.) had sent them many.But today,we know we live in such a perfect universe that there is no room for coincidences.Anyone should see that there is a Creator and He is unique.He who created the wing of a fly is the One that created the universe.You could see the connection easily.

Allah created human kind so that they could understand His greatness and worship Him.if He had wanted us to be flawless he wouldn't have created us in the first place because He created Angels before us and they do nothing but obey His orders and worship Him all the time.

This leads us to somewhere.it means that we have something that angels do not have.We have the abilty to understand the creator better than the angels,an abilty to better appreciate His greatness.Because we have the will of choice,the abilty to do good and evil and we face evil every moment,our worships are more precious.Of course,i do not include myself there and claim to be better than anybody let alone angels.But as a principle it is possible.All the prophets,companions of the last Prophet of islam and lots of great scholars are perfect examples.

To rise to high levels of understanding the Creator and worshipping Him,there has to be devil and will of choice.Without good and evil and the ability to choose between them there would be no progress and prophets and pharoahs would be at the same level just like satan and angels before Adam was created.Satan had not been put the test by Allah before that.Of course Allah knew what satan was like because He created him,but angels thought satan was one of them.At the very first test satan failed but what made him satan forever is not the fact that he failed it is because he insisted on his sins and never repent due to his arrogance.

So,we are not flawless but we have the abilty to be a perfect servant.it is all up to us.

Take care.

Salam,
I think that was really good but what I highlighted up their was something I felt didn't sound too right. I heard that the only thing that is separating us from the angels is desire. Shawait.
P.S.:
If you find a better word then Desire Private message
Ty