Non muslim here

Jashobean

Greetings,
I got this link from a kind Muslim from the catholic answers forum.
Its had to post questions over their because many trolls come along and start trouble. I was born Catholic and have been on a "undecided" journey for a few years now.
I have many problems with the church.
My biggest problem is "Jesus is God". The church is a problem to the infallible pope, so many cannon rule not mentioned anywhere in the bible. These are just some of the problems.

I have many questions. But I will first read through the site/

Thanks

Kathy

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
peace be unto you :) as said by Jesus christ (PBUH) in luke 24: 36

In islam we believe Jesus (PBUH) was christ (mesiah in hebrew), yes take you time to look around and if you have question, you are more than welcome to ask any questions

Kakorot

welcome to tti :)

I hope that you will be able to learn about Islam, may Allaah show you His straight path.

this is a very good website, there is a section for non-muslims: www.kalamullah.com

take care :hijabi:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:
Welcome to TTI

There are many brothers and sisters willing to help so ask away

Hope you enjoy your stay.
May Allah guide us all to the right path inshaAllah. (God-Willing)

BigAk

Peace be upon you Kathy... If you research and find the actual sayings and teachings of Jesus (pbu), you can't help but be a Muslim.

May Allah guide you and us all to the right path.. Ameen.

Raihan

Greetings, Kathy.

In Islam, Jesus is a Prophet of God, and not God or the Son of God. He was a human after all! Muslims do not believe that a priest/pope can be infallible.

Hello Kathy,

Welcome to TTI. Most people grow up blindly following their parents belief without being skeptical and examining what they've been taught . In order to search for Truth one must look into every faith sincerely in order to reach a conclusion. The Quran is the only book that states, "Truth stands clear from error" (2:256).

In Islam, Jesus (peace be upon him) is one of the greatest prophets. In fact, he is the most quoted prophet in the Quran! His message was distorted so God Almighty sent his last mesenger Muhammad (peace be upon him) as a mercy to mankind. No messenger, including Jesus & Muhammad (peace be upon them) claimed divinity neither in the Bible or in the Quran. Like all prophets (pbut), their message was to worship the one God of the Universe, Allah swt.

This verse describe some of Allah's qualities:

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." (2:255)

I pray that God Almighty leads you to the path of Truth.

Unleashed

Hi Kathy and welcome to TTI!

There are many, many good websites and books to read for an introduction to Islamic beliefs and way of life.

Believe it or not, I actually started with the Everything Understanding Islam book by Christine Huda Dodge (part of the "Everything" series of books...like the "Idiot's Guide" books). Ms. Dodge is also the moderator of the islamic forum on the About website, http://islam.about.com/ There is also an Everything Guide to the Holy Quran.

Actually, the Idiot's Guide to Islam wasn't bad either, LOL!

A couple books I really found useful and interesting were Islam: My Choice written by American women reverts, and What Everyone Should Know about Muslims and Islam. When I get home I'll check on these titles/authors as I may not have them exactly right.

Each of these books addresses the basic beliefs and practices along with a kind of compare and contrast with Christianity. Very informative and unbiased!

May Allah guide you in your search!

Peace and blessings of God be upon you.

:hijabi:

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Hello..
Welcome to TTI :)
Enjoy ur stay... Hope you benefit from the site
May Allah guide you and us all to the right path InshAllah.. Ameen.

yameenahmed

we welcome you kathy to TTI and also to ISLAM we hope you will enjoy this site to a large extent and share your know-how with us and learn more about islam

Aaminee

May Allah (God) guide me and you :)

Welcome to TTI Kathy!

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. You've come to the right place!
We believe in Jesus, peace be upon him, as a Messenger of God and as a Sign from God. God can create as He wills:
Adam, peace be upon him, was created from clay (the earth)
Eve, peace be upon her, was created from Adam (pbuh)
(a woman created from a man only)
Jesus, peace be upon him, was born from his mother Mary, peace be upon her.
(a man created from a woman only)
And the rest of us :) are created from both a man and a woman.
So you see, God is able to do all things.

Islam is what instinctively makes sense: just know that God is above everyone and everything and there is no one like Him (like no human, saint, idol, ideology, etc.) because He is the sole Creator of everything. It's so beautiful....this belief will truly give you peace. You'll know that the only one to rely on and pray to and live for is Allah (God), and no one else. In Islam, we believe and know that our purpose in life is to worship only One God (and that the devil is always trying to mislead us away from that purpose by telling people to worship, obey, or equate others to God).
Just remember: if you turn towards God and ask Him from your heart to show you the right way/path, He will guide you to His Way.I do hope and pray that you will accept Islam and join those who are seeking Jannah (heaven) and Allah's Pleasure!
:)

ibnashraf

hello, this video by Dr Jerald Dirks, a former minister, may interest you

youtube.com/watch?v=8JlSd_w2Nyk

Islamic Trajectories in Early Christianity

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Greetings,
I got this link from a kind Muslim from the catholic answers forum.
Its had to post questions over their because many trolls come along and start trouble. I was born Catholic and have been on a "undecided" journey for a few years now.
I have many problems with the church.
My biggest problem is "Jesus is God". The church is a problem to the infallible pope, so many cannon rule not mentioned anywhere in the bible. These are just some of the problems.

I have many questions. But I will first read through the site/

Thanks

Kathy

welcome to the forum .....i hope allah shows you the right path ...ameen