Importance of islam

Brisingr9

As Salam alaikum, fellow believers , it is a pleasure to be with those who believe. I have noticed that people who are born in our faith do not value it as much as those who have reverted.. Why the difference? I frankly believe the reverts have a very strong faith and may Allah make it even more stronger ameen. I just want to tell my fellow believers who are born Muslims that it's time we open our eyes and make our faith and iman stronger and learn something from are brothers and sisters who have reverted.it's time we value our religion more and thank Allah for letting us be part of this religion right from birth.Allahuakbar.

Peace-&-Love

:salam2:

Nicely put...I completly agree! I think it takes rock bottom to fully apreciate the feeling of being on cloud nine and that's what our Ummah is goning through. I believe this is the reason why Allah tests us so that we are fully thankful for our Faith!I know many people who believe that being a Muslim by name is enough when the action speaks louder! May Allah guide them :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
As Salam alaikum, fellow believers , it is a pleasure to be with those who believe. I have noticed that people who are born in our faith do not value it as much as those who have reverted.. Why the difference? I frankly believe the reverts have a very strong faith and may Allah make it even more stronger ameen. I just want to tell my fellow believers who are born Muslims that it's time we open our eyes and make our faith and iman stronger and learn something from are brothers and sisters who have reverted.it's time we value our religion more and thank Allah for letting us be part of this religion right from birth.Allahuakbar.

wa alaikom assalam

u r right , some of born-Muslims dont know how value is Islam coz they did not suffer from the darkness .

Islam is the air I breath it

Thanks 4 Allah for being Muslim

doctor38

I feel that we have a lot to learn from people how have converted into Islam. Personally, my believe (Iman) gets stronger the more I interact with them. The things that they do -God bless them- makes me feel very small.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I am a born Muslim..and have gone through the phase of ignorance..and I found my inspiration for practicing through reverts..and truly..in the iman and struglle of our revert brothers and sisters I see the shadows of the companions of Rasulullah (saaws)..if they can count the breaths they take as worship for Allah (swt) then they will dedicate their lives to doing so..when they take up Islam..they engrave it into the depths of their hearts and sincerely set it out as the only path of their lives...I love them all for the sake of Allah very very much!..

:wasalam:

doctor38

Whenever I see a convert video or meet one I remember this verse in the Quran (47:38) وَإِنْ تَتَوَلَّوْا يَسْتَبْدِلْ قَوْمًا غَيْرَكُمْ ثُمَّ لا يَكُونُوا أَمْثَالَكُمْ

which translates to "And if you turn away (from Islâm and the obedience to Allâh), He will exchange you for some other people and they will not be your likes."

It is obvious that Muslims today have turned away from Islam and God as HE promised in the above verse has started replacing us with better and improved breed.

Ahmed

assyuara

Assalamualaikum my dear brothers and sisters in Islam...

This is a serious issue which im facing now in my country. sometimes i feel that i want to 'fly' to another place where there are many 'real' muslims who obey to the One and Only God, Allah. 'Fly' to a place where i can always be around those who seek refuge and love from Allah. Allahu Akbar!

Although there are many born-muslims who arent really practising Islam and are only Islam by name, we as muslims either reverts or born-muslim (like me) have the responsibility to 'help' them and da'wah. Honestly, Im not active in da'wah and finds it quite difficult..I think first of all we need to be 'close' to them (mad'u/those who receive the da'wah)..

Dear bro Brisingr9, thanks for bringing up this thread as unity of our ummah can be achieved only by upgrading our imaan and taqwa. Also for this beautifully-put reminder. And one more thing which im eagerly planning to do by this year is to meet at least a revert who sincerely devote himself/herself (preferably a sister) to Allah and Islam, the only blessed religion. Amiin..

Wasalaam
Aisyah :blackhijab:

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Assalamualaikum my dear brothers and sisters in Islam...

This is a serious issue which im facing now in my country. sometimes i feel that i want to 'fly' to another place where there are many 'real' muslims who obey to the One and Only God, Allah. 'Fly' to a place where i can always be around those who seek refuge and love from Allah. Allahu Akbar!

Although there are many born-muslims who arent really practising Islam and are only Islam by name, we as muslims either reverts or born-muslim (like me) have the responsibility to 'help' them and da'wah. Honestly, Im not active in da'wah and finds it quite difficult..I think first of all we need to be 'close' to them (mad'u/those who receive the da'wah)..

Dear bro Brisingr9, thanks for bringing up this thread as unity of our ummah can be achieved only by upgrading our imaan and taqwa. Also for this beautifully-put reminder. And one more thing which im eagerly planning to do by this year is to meet at least a revert who sincerely devote himself/herself (preferably a sister) to Allah and Islam, the only blessed religion. Amiin..

Wasalaam
Aisyah :blackhijab:

I completely agree with you. I really do wish to migrate to a Muslim country when I have the means Insya Allah.

Kakorot

Wa'alaykum assalaam.

A lot of born Muslims don't know the real Islam because of the way in which they've been brought up, e.g. culture. But reverts go out their way and study Islam and embrace it. I think if born Muslims were taught about Islam properly, than maybe it would be taken more seriously.

At the same time, I've noticed that some reverts pick and choose what they want to follow and question a lot about certain things, that are already clear in the religion.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Slow down. Let us not compare. Each person comes to Islam when they hear the calling.

When you are born in the house of Love..you do not think about Love. You accept it. A born Muslim does not think but acts. It is natural. The eating with the right hand..stepping forward with the right foot..constantly calling upon Allah...etc etc.

When a person discovers the house of Love...they are overjoyed..because they did not know of it before.

Sister, Islam is awesome. Years ago I had a discussion with a prominent psychiatrist. He maintained that Islam unlike anyother faith was hyperbole. In the end I had to agree with him. And those new to the faith have to come to an understanding that it is not a little bit of this and I am Muslim. There is no compulsion in faith. But Islam makes you reevaluate yourself everyday.

saifkhan

abd-Allah

Salam alaikum

every child is born Muslim but not every one has got the Hidayah.
as per he Prophet's Salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam said: every child is born Fitra, clean and Muslim. and it continues....
we can find a revert , when he reverts, it comes to us or it takes our attention, but when a Muslim brother or sister comes back to islam, choose the right way, that dosnt come to us as news or that doesnt take our looks. thats why it seems so, nothing else. and yet the muslim's coming back to Islam will also be called as revert....coz, he/she wasnt in the right way.

there is nothing kept in born Muslim and Revert Muslim. its just the Hidayah. and Allah subhanahu wa ta'la guides whom He wants.
and Allah knows the best

Barakalalhu feekum
wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asslaam walaikum,

If I may let me take it to the next degree of nerdiness:

I am very frightened with this tendency of born vs. revert. That type of thinking limits the interpersonal relationship each soul has with the Creator. What seems to be occuring is grade school competition. I know more..I got an A on the exam.
The emphasis is very objective. To be a good Muslim you must do x,y, and z. Where is the journey of Islam. Where is the individual soul which must answer Allah on the day of Judgement.
I am seeing a tendency. I am reflecting on this tendency. To put it simply everything is by the book, thinking. And, yes I am well aware we have the Book. I am not addressing the Book.

We are forgetting the subjective side of Islam. It is a critical facet of Islam. Our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, exercised his interpersonal realtionship with Allah.

I agree we need to use our heads..but we need to equally remember our hearts. Islam touches the heart and makes the head understand.

Is there a balance currently in Islam. Who are the voices that espouse the balance. I am just being slightly nerdy.