Winter: muslim's season :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
It was reported by al-Haythami in ‘Majma’ az-Zawa’id’ (3/203) with a hasan chain that the Prophet :saw: said: “Winter is the best season for the believer. Its nights are long for him to pray in, and its days are short for him to fast in.”

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
It was reported by al-Haythami in ‘Majma’ az-Zawa’id’ (3/203) with a hasan chain that the Prophet :saw: said: “Winter is the best season for the believer. Its nights are long for him to pray in, and its days are short for him to fast in.”
sooooooooooo true .and u kno i feel happy inside during winters for no special reason....................although i don't think fasting in summers is that hard

Sabra

Salaams,

Thanks for this hadith. It is so true, I love winter. As you said all the women have to dress modestly. This was so true in Chicago, in the winter time the muslim ladies didn't get stared at as much because they looked just like everyone else.:ma:

Salaams Sabra

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
While many of us are cold, complaining of the weather, our past predecessors rejoiced at the coming of this season….Why?

"The best season to a believer is the winter, its nights are long for those who wish to pray, and its days are short for those who wish to fast" Al Hasan Al Basri.
It is reported from Abu Hurayrah – Allah be pleased with him – that he said:

Shall I not point you to comfortable proceeds? People responded, "And what is that o Abu Hurayrah?" He replied, "Fasting in winter."

It is reported from 'Umar – Allah be pleased with him – that he said:

Winter is booty for the devout worshippers.

It is reported from 'Ubayd bin 'Umayr – Allah have mercy on him – that he said:

It used to be said when winter came: O people of the Qur`an, the night has become long so you can pray (more) and the day has become short for you to fast.

Abu Nu'aym, Hilyah Al-Awliyaa`.

It is reported from the famous worshipper Rabi'ah – Allah have mercy on her – that she said:

I have never heard the adhan except that I remember the caller who will announce the Day of Resurrection, and I never see the falling snow except that I imagine the flying pages of the records of peoples deeds (on that day), and I never see swarms of locusts except that I think about the Great Gathering on the Last Day.

Ibn Al-Jawzi, Sifah Al-Safwah Vol. 2 p433.