Humour in Sh. Ibn Uthaymeen's Fatwas

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Some humorous tidbits from the Fatwas of Sheikh Muhammad Bin Saleh Al-Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) (d. 2001):

Q – Is it allowed for a man to be with his female servant, and what can he see of her?
A – If he marries her, then she can uncover her face in front of him, and this is the solution….
...But I am afraid that if she becomes his wife, she will demand a female servant, and then this will be a problem! (Al-Liqaa Al-Shahri, 3)

Q – Sheikh, may Allah reward you with Paradise, I see in my dreams as if I’m sitting in your class. I have certain questions, so I ask you and you give me the answers. So what’s the ruling with regards to those answers? (Questioner laughs)
A – I don’t remember this. I don’t remember this. I don’t notice in my sleep that you are asking me anything! (Sheikh laughs) Don’t depend on this. If you listen to a tape, that’s fine, but we don’t give lessons to those who are sleeping! (Al-Baab Al-Maftooh, 200)

Q – With reference to the Hadith: “There is no competition except in shooting arrows, foot-racing, or horse-racing,” what is your opinion if someone engages in rooster-racing or pigeon-racing?
A – Look, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There is no competition except in shooting arrows, foot-racing, or horse-racing,” because these things are to be used in war. If your rooster is used in war so that you ride on it, then it’s allowed! Otherwise no…. (Al-Baab Al-Maftooh, 200)

Q – What is your opinion about these du’as which are played in the car, like the du’a for riding, the du’a for traveling, etc. What’s the response to those who say they are amulets?
A – Amulets! I say that whoever says they are amulets are telling the truth, if (in case) the car is sick!
The du’as are attached to the car, not the rider, and to play them in the car is fine since they remind travelers of the du’a for riding or traveling. Everything that helps to do good is good. There is no problem, and they are not amulets!
Unless if someone said to you: If the car is sick, attaching the du’as to it will cure it by the will of Allah! (Liqaa Al-Shahree)

Veil for men
A narrator mentions in an Arabic forum:
I asked the Sheikh about the ruling about a woman looking at a man. (His view was that it is allowed if there is no Fitna). I debated with him for a long time on the issue, and afterwards when I wanted to leave he said: “Where are you going?” The question seemed a little strange to me, so I laughed and said, “I’m going out.” He said: “Wear a khimar so the women don’t see you!”

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=2009061240623

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Veil for men
A narrator mentions in an Arabic forum:
I asked the Sheikh about the ruling about a woman looking at a man. (His view was that it is allowed if there is no Fitna). I debated with him for a long time on the issue, and afterwards when I wanted to leave he said: “Where are you going?” The question seemed a little strange to me, so I laughed and said, “I’m going out.” He said: “Wear a khimar so the women don’t see you!”

LOL

That made me laugh *really hard* akhi..ahsana Allaho ilayk!

:wasalam:

Mafaza_Muslimah

these pure humour without insulting someone shows us that the scholars are not the rigid people of our society but to give correct knowldege to others according to Quran and sunnah ......

JazakAllah Khair ...

Waslaam Alaikum

Mafaza

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Jazak Allahu khayr,

I love him very much, may Allah give him Jannatul FIrdaus

He was very knowledgeable and worked tirelessly everyday, till the day he died in helping people. Not just helping them to learn Islam but, in any other problems they had.

He was very kind, modest and sensible, full of wisdom.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh