Swiss ban mosque minarets

Salem9022

First as Muslims we are not even suppose to be Living in a Kaffir country. According to the right Opinion only a Scholar of Islam can go to a Kaffir country. someone who is sound in mind and knows about the Quran and Sunnah can go there only to preach the message of Islam. We the regular Muslims aren't even allowed to go to a Kaffir country even for vocation.

I think this Ban will make Muslims think harder that they are Living in a Kaffir country which can easly take away their Islamic identity.

Sacred_Thought

When Saudi allows the construction of churches, perhaps then Switzerland can reevaluate its position on the minarets. But when the prime minister of Turkey says such things as "Mosques are our barracks, minarets our bayonets, domes our helmets, the believers our soldiers,"as said by Recep Tayyip Erdogan, should you be so surprised?

Otherwise, one's own medicine comes to mind.

DanyalSAC

First as Muslims we are not even suppose to be Living in a Kaffir country. According to the right Opinion only a Scholar of Islam can go to a Kaffir country. someone who is sound in mind and knows about the Quran and Sunnah can go there only to preach the message of Islam. We the regular Muslims aren't even allowed to go to a Kaffir country even for vocation.

I think this Ban will make Muslims think harder that they are Living in a Kaffir country which can easly take away their Islamic identity.

Uh... so that means that those of us who were born and converted to Islam in a kaffir country should do what? Move? I don't see that happening any time soon.

BrotherKhalid

As salam 'alaikum,

I have not heard this before. Insha Allah, could you post for me the source of this (that we are not to live in countries of kufr)?

Myself I would absolutely love to live in a country surrounded by Muslims. I have often thought about life in cities such as Jeddah or Riyadh but I have also been told by some brothers that it would be a great challenge for me to convince the Su'udi government to permit me residence there, and finding a wife there would be near impossible. Now, I may very well be misinformed here, and if that is case, I happily welcome anyone who wishes to correct me.

That said, perhaps this is off topic for this thread, so if anyone would like to begin a thread for "living in Muslim countries vs living in countries of kufr" insha Allah I would be happy to contribute there.

Wa salam.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Uh... so that means that those of us who were born and converted to Islam in a kaffir country should do what? Move? I don't see that happening any time soon.

Masha Allah very good point made brother.
No, you don't have to move to a country with majority Muslim population. Please take a look at this thread created by brother ayman1: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64087&nojs=1#usercptools. That one is linked to this thread, and answers your question. Insha'Allah.

Though when somone can afford to and want to move to such a country, it'd be great. Eventhough all sorts of things happen in Muslim countries, but some people find it more peaceful there. :)

Wa'salaam

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
When Saudi allows the construction of churches, perhaps then Switzerland can reevaluate its position on the minarets. But when the prime minister of Turkey says such things as "Mosques are our barracks, minarets our bayonets, domes our helmets, the believers our soldiers,"as said by Recep Tayyip Erdogan, should you be so surprised?

Otherwise, one's own medicine comes to mind.

Saudi Arabia is a 100% Muslim population- why would they need churches in the first place? Switzerland on the other hand has significant minority of Muslims.

As for the speech it was clearly referring to the point that we should fight through spreading our faith and not through guns and bombs- so he is in fact propagating peaceful spread of Islam.

Khali

Saudi Arabia is a 100% Muslim population- why would they need churches in the first place? Switzerland on the other hand has significant minority of Muslims.

I thought so aswell until I read this

search Guide: Christians in the Middle East and out the bottom it shows this, from BBC news

Saudi Arabia:
Population: 26.7m
Foreign workers: >7m
Christians: 1.3m
they both have a 5% of each faith in each country
1.3 million might want a few churches to worship like we would want a few mosques if it was vise versa being against Islam instead of Christianity

If I am wrong please point it out bc I made the same arguement and was given that link

Khali

I also need a critical answer as to why they don't allow the practice of other religions mainly christianity in SA and restrict the practice/buildings of churches in UAE,Dubia, and Qatar, for rebuttal in another forum. I see why/how it could cause problems but if they were sincere and being peaceful and respectful to the Islamic faith and Muhammad(SAW) and not associating others w/ Allah like some of the early christians did(Surah Al Kahf) for example, I can not fully see why. I dunno I am kind of having trouble debating/explaining this with non-muslims in a similar thread on another forum.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I thought so aswell until I read this

search Guide: Christians in the Middle East and out the bottom it shows this, from BBC news

Saudi Arabia:
Population: 26.7m
Foreign workers: >7m
Christians: 1.3m
they both have a 5% of each faith in each country
1.3 million might want a few churches to worship like we would want a few mosques if it was vise versa being against Islam instead of Christianity

If I am wrong please point it out bc I made the same arguement and was given that link

Hello ,
I'm a Saudi girl , and I think having churches here is a big insult to Islam . bcz SA is the home of Islam ;)

And most of the workers come here they convert to Islam , I really don't believe we have 1.3 m non-Muslims !!

anyway , we don't need to bring another religion in the home of Islam .

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I also need a critical answer as to why they don't allow the practice of other religions mainly christianity in SA and restrict the practice/buildings of churches in UAE,Dubia, and Qatar, for rebuttal in another forum. I see why/how it could cause problems but if they were sincere and being peaceful and respectful to the Islamic faith and Muhammad(SAW) and not associating others w/ Allah like some of the early christians did(Surah Al Kahf) for example, I can not fully see why. I dunno I am kind of having trouble debating/explaining this with non-muslims in a similar thread on another forum.

The prophet Muhammad PBUH told us to remove the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula , and he said NO 2 religions will be gathered in this peninsula .

Simply .. we have to obey our Lord and then his prophet :)

Khali

Shukrun, jazaakallaahu khayran. I also asked a brother about it and he provided, a good response also to add on top of yours, in reference to SA and the minaret ban in Switzerland

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

The answer is very simple, Saudi Arabia is a theocracy and in Islam it's forbidden to construct new places of worship for false religions.

If a country is a secular democracy, they cannot decide to forbid the religious buildings of a particular group of people, or all religious buildings, unless they also want to be considered a theocracy. They can't have it both ways.

Jazakum Allah Khair
Barak Allah Feekum
W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Shukrun, jazaakallaahu khayran. I also asked a brother about it and he provided, a good response also to add on top of yours, in reference to SA and the minaret ban in Switzerland

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

The answer is very simple, Saudi Arabia is a theocracy and in Islam it's forbidden to construct new places of worship for false religions.

If a country is a secular democracy, they cannot decide to forbid the religious buildings of a particular group of people, or all religious buildings, unless they also want to be considered a theocracy. They can't have it both ways.

Jazakum Allah Khair
Barak Allah Feekum
W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

3afwan , but actually there are many reasons not only 1 or 2 or 3 ..

But bcz I'm busy now so I just wrote the previous one .

:)

Khali

I think that will be sufficient inshallah, I am pretty busied right now too studying for finals, I appreciate your time to give me a resonse especially since you are from SA. Lately I been overanylzing issues relating to islam and missing the obvious, need to spend more time :salah: and reciting quran :)

arzafar

The UN Human Rights Council [official website] on Thursday adopted a resolution [text, PDF] denouncing discriminatory governmental policies directed at Muslim populations. In a 20-17 vote [press release] with eight abstentions, the council condemned Switzerland's ban on the construction of minarets [JURIST report] and encouraged efforts to cultivate a "culture of tolerance." The resolution states that the council:

Strongly condemns in this regard the ban on the construction of minarets of mosques and other recent discriminatory measures, which are manifestations of Islamophobia that stand in sharp contradiction to international human rights obligations concerning freedoms of religion, belief, conscience and expression, and stresses that such discriminatory measures would fuel discrimination, extremism and misperception leading to polarization and fragmentation with dangerous unintended and unforeseen consequences.

The resolution was introduced by Pakistani representative Zamir Akram on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference [official website]. Akram noted that the declaration is intended to fight "defamation of all religions."

In December, a Swiss Muslim filed a complaint [JURIST report] at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) [official website] challenging the ban on the grounds that it violates his freedoms of religion and from discrimination under Articles 9, 13, and 14 of the European Convention on Human Rights [text, PDF]. Earlier that month, a group of Swiss intellectuals called for the ban's reversal [JURIST report], while Swiss Supreme Court President Lawrence Meyer announced [NZZ report, in German] that two suits have been filed in federal court challenging the ban's legality. UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay [official website] has condemned the ban [JURIST report] as a form of religious discrimination. In 2008, the Swiss government announced [JURIST report] that Swiss nationalist parties had gathered enough signatures on their initiative against the construction of minarets [initiative website, in French] to force a national referendum on whether the country's constitution should be amended to ban the structures. The initiative was originally sponsored by the anti-immigrant Swiss People's Party (SVP) [party website].

so will something happen or is it just zabani jama kharch (paper work)