WHO IS RIGHT?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I want to know why do christians believe that it was Isac,son of Ibrahim 'alihi salam,to be sacrified to Allah,instead of Ismayl,who was born before Isac and was son of Agar.I read it on the Bible and I don't know what to answer if some intersted people tell me that in the Bible Allah commanded Ibrahim(AS) to sacrify his first born Isaac.any advice or information is wellcome:salam2:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:wasalam:

Isaac being the eldest son is something disputable but the authentic it would be that Ismael is the eldest older than Isaac.
Ibrahim (May Allaah Be Pleased With Him) was tested by Allaah and had a revelation in his dreams ordering him to slaughter his only son who just reached the age of puberty.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
yes,but there are too many different ways of viewing this fact.If Allah tested Ibrahim(AS) by ordering him to sacrify his beloved son Ismayl,why do the Bible say the contrary?do the christians know the true or are they just hidding it and they don't admit that it was Ismayl the object of sacrifice,because it was son of a servant and not of Ibrahim's wife?what do Jews say about the prophet Ibrahim (ALIHI SALAM)?Is it permissible to say that then the christians are obviously making diffusion of a lie?cause in the book of religion I remember that my teacher told that it was Isaac and it was never talked about his brother Ismayl.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum

sister i would like to recommend the book 'Choice' part 1 and 2, by Ahmed Deedat.

Kindly download and read.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I want to know why do christians believe that it was Isac,son of Ibrahim 'alihi salam,to be sacrified to Allah,instead of Ismayl,who was born before Isac and was son of Agar.I read it on the Bible and I don't know what to answer if some intersted people tell me that in the Bible Allah commanded Ibrahim(AS) to sacrify his first born Isaac.any advice or information is wellcome:salam2:

Wa Alaikom Assalam ,
They don't want the prophet Isma'el because he is the grandfather of the Prophet Muhammad - peace be upon them - .

If you read 16 :16 of Genesis
" 16 Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore Ish'mael to Abram "

In the same chapter 21 :5
" Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him "

So it's 14 years between them - May Peace Be Upon them - , Also in the bible it's mentioned :

." 2 He said, "Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Mori'ah, and offer him there as a burnt offering upon one of the mountains of which I shall tell you."

How Can Isaac become the ONLY son ?? Did Isma'el die before ? the bible says NO :
Isaac and Ish'mael his sons buried him in the cave of Mach-pe'lah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, east of Mamre, 10 the field which Abraham purchased from the Hittites. There Abraham was buried, with Sarah his wife

So it means both were alive after prophet Ibrahim's death . Doesn't it mean there was a mistake in the bible ?

Read the story in the Qur'an and you'll find the truth without any change :)

arzafar

yes,but there are too many different ways of viewing this fact.If Allah tested Ibrahim(AS) by ordering him to sacrify his beloved son Ismayl,why do the Bible say the contrary?do the christians know the true or are they just hidding it and they don't admit that it was Ismayl the object of sacrifice,because it was son of a servant and not of Ibrahim's wife?what do Jews say about the prophet Ibrahim (ALIHI SALAM)?Is it permissible to say that then the christians are obviously making diffusion of a lie?cause in the book of religion I remember that my teacher told that it was Isaac and it was never talked about his brother Ismayl.

to tell you the truth the jews/romans view hajar as a prostitute at best so dont believe what they say about Ishmael (as). for them "ishmaeli" (descendant of Ishmael (as)) is like an abusive word.

basically ibrahim (as) didnt have a child. then hajar delivered Ishmail. The story goes that sarah, the first wife of Ibrahim (as) became jealous since she had not delivered a baby yet. then Allah ordered ibrahim (as) to leave ishmael and hajar in the desert. From them descend the arabs. Ibrahim (as) stayed in the holy lands with sarah and used to visit them. when ishamel became a youth, ibrahim (as) had dreams where he was ordered by Allah to sacrifice the most valuable thing he had and that was his son Ishmael (as).
afterwards Sarah also delivered a boy and he was called Israel (as). [we should be careful when abusing the Israel (country) because it's also the name of the prophet Israel (as)]. From Israel (as) come the children of Israel who were the chosen people of Allah for centuries. However, they also did many wrong things even though they had a long series of prophets sent to them. that line ended with Isa masih (as) who was rejected by most of the children of Israel. The final prophet and messenger of Allah is Muhammad (saw) and he is a descendant of Ishmael (as).

i hope i got that story correct inshallah. maybe somebody else can provide you the references.

edit:
actually i made a mistake, Ibrahim (as) son is isaac and from him comes Yaqoob (as) who is also known as jacob and later on as Israel.

sarahlou

Masha Allah I never thought about this. This is just another reason why I am so thankful to have been lead to Islam. Alhamdulillah

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I'm thankful to you.it's wonderful how much easy it is to get more knowledge from tti...thank you to all.so only islam is the right way to get,cause it's far from lies:islam tells the truth on face