WILL I MEET MY HUSBAND IN JANNAH?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
to everybody,hoping the best of Iman for you alls,I pose a question that is running in my head everyday.I read in the Quran that in the Day of Judgement the soul of the believer will join to its half-part in Jannah.I read that in jannah there are the Huri,some female,beautiful creatures who wait to their sweethearts.maybe it sounds stupid,but what will a man with 4 wives do,when they'll die and go to Jannah?will everyone wait for their only husband?And what about the husbands who die before the wives?I posed this troubled question,because I am thinking to the otherlife and I am also thinking to an hypotetic life without my sweetheart:will he wait for me in paradise,or will everybody forget the unions between mother/father,wife/husband,and so on?
I wait for any explainations,:wasalam:

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
aleykum Selam
It is mentioned in the Hadith that the women of this worldly life have a superiority over Al-hur Al-`In due to the acts of worship and obedience that they performed in this world. Therefore, the believing women will enter Paradise just like the believing men. If a woman had a number of husbands, she, upon entering Paradise with them, would choose among them the one with the best character and behavior

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Sister when a person dies (whether male or female, married or single) that person's soul goes to what we call "Burzaq". No one awaits there for any one, think of it like a holding place or a transit lounge.

Then on the Day of Judgement everyone will be judged and those who will attain the forgiveness of Allah (SWT) will be sent to Jannah (Paradise).

Now what is Jannah ?
The Arabic word Jannah simply means "Garden". But the "gardens" of hereafter will be nothing like the gardens of this earth. So Jannah will be special rewards to those who Allah (SWT) would reward. According to Hadith of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) the last man who will come out of Hell will get a Paradise equal to the size of ten earths.

Allah says in the Quran:

Surah Al-Hadid [57:21] Compete with one another in seeking Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden of Bliss (Jannah), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His apostles: that is the Grace (bounty) of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is the Lord of Grace abounding.
(if the last person exiting from hell will get a Jannah 10 times the size of this earth, then those wo will get the Jannah as a reward and who will be in the upper level of Jannah will have their real estate measured in light years.)

Surah Ar-Raad, ayat 23-24[3] Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation): "Peace unto you for that ye persevered in patience! Now how excellent is the final home!"

Surah As-Sajdah [32:17] And no soul knows what has been hidden for the delight of their eyes (satisfaction) as reward for what they used to do.

Surah Al-Nisa [4:124] If any do deeds of righteousness, be they male or female, and have faith, they will enter Paradise and not the least injustice will be done to them.

Surah Ya-Seen [36:55-58] "Verily, the dwellers of Paradise that Day, will be busy in joyful things. They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones. They will have therein fruits (of all kinds), and all that they will ask for. (It will be said to them): "Salamun" (Peace be on you), a Word from the Lord, Most Merciful."

Now, as far as your question is concerned, I would say that the position of the believing woman in Paradise will be much better than that of the the Hoor al-ayn; the woman will be higher in status and more beautiful (about 70 times more beautiful than hoor al-ayn, as per ahhadith) because the righteous woman will get Paradise as a reward for her righteous deeds and as a honour from Allah (swt) to her for her religious commitments and deeds. As for the hoori who is one of the delights of Paradise, she has only been created in Paradise for the sake of pleasure for someone else, and has been made the reward for the believing man for his righteous deeds.

There is a great difference between one who enters Paradise as a reward for her righteous deeds and the one who was created as a reward for one who did righteous deeds. The former is a queen and a princess, and the latter is undoubtedly lower in status than a queen, and she is subject to the command of her believing master for whom Allah (SWT) created her as a reward.

I have also read that women will enter into Paradise much before men will, because when men will reach their Jannah their wife will already be there waiting for them. But the men and women will have equal status in Jannah. Women will not be subservient to their husbands.

On this earth the purpose of interaction between male and female (sex) is to promote and continue their species. But in Jannah no one will have babies... So the purpose of interaction between male and female (if you call it sex) will be for pure pleasure. And it may not be of the same earthly messy kind.

I see the keys in these 2 verses:
"And no soul knows what has been hidden for the delight of their eyes (satisfaction) as reward for what they used to do."
"If any do deeds of righteousness, be they male or female, and have faith, they will enter Paradise and not the least injustice will be done to them."

Even though Allah has not mentioned Hoor al-ain type of rewards for women (maybe this is an added test on earth for women) but the above 2 verses makes it clear that no women in Jannah will even feel any kind of injustice in Jannah.

No one in Jannah will forget their friends and relatives from this earth. As a matter of fact Allah will forgive and/or raise status of the relatives of good Believers so that they live closer to one another in Jannah. Probably in the galexy next door. :SMILY231: :SMILY259:

====================================================================
I am also adding here descriptions of Jannah from Ibn Al-Qayyim (R). They make my hearbeat go faster.

Ibn al-Qayyim said, in regards to the description of the Paradise and the delights that it contains:

And if you ask about its ground and its soil, then it is of musk and saffron.

And if you ask about its roof, then it is the Throne of the Most Merciful.

And if you ask about its rocks, then they are pearls and jewels.

And if you ask about its buildings, then they are made of bricks of gold and silver.

And if you ask about its trees, then it does not contain a single tree except that its trunk is made of gold and silver.

And if you ask about its fruits, then they are softer than butter and sweeter than honey.

And if you ask about its leaves, then they are softer than the softest cloth.

And if you ask about its rivers, then there are rivers of milk who's taste does not change, and rivers of wine that is delicious to those who drink it, and rivers of honey that is pure, and rivers of water that is fresh.

And if you ask about their food, then it is fruits from whatever they will choose, and the meat of whatever birds they desire.

And if you ask about their drink, then it is Tasneem, ginger, and Kaafoor.

And if you ask about their drinking cups, then they are crystal-clear and made of gold and silver.

And if you ask about its shade, then a fast rider would ride in the shade of one of its trees for a hundred years and not escape it.

And if you ask about its vastness, then the lowest of its people would have within his kingdom and walls and palaces and gardens the distance that would be travelled in a thousand years.

And if you ask about its tents and encampments, then one tent is like a concealed pearl that is sixty miles long.

And if you ask about its towers, then they are rooms above rooms in buildings that have rivers running underneath them.

And if you ask about how far it reaches into the sky, then look at the shining star that is visible, as well as those that are far in the heavens that the eyesight cannot possibly reach.

And if you ask about the clothing of its inhabitants, then they are of silk and gold.

And if you ask about its beds, then its blankets are of the finest silk laid out in the highest of its levels.

And if you ask about the faces of its inhabitants and their beauty, then they are like the image of the Moon.

And if you ask about their age, then they are young ones of 33 years in the image of Adam, the father of humanity.

And if you ask about what they will be hearing, then it is the singing of their wives from among the Hoor al-'Ayn, and better than that are the voices of the Angels and the Prophets, and better than that is the Speech of the Lord of the Worlds.

And if you ask about their servants, then they are young boys of everlasting youth who resemble scattered pearls.

And if you ask about their brides and wives, then they are young and full-breasted and have had the liquid of youth flow through their limbs; the Sun runs along the beauty of her face if she shows it, light shines from between her teeth if she smiles; if you meet her love, then say whatever you want regarding the joining of two lights; he sees his face in the roundness of her cheek as if he is looking into a polished mirror, and he sees the brightness from behind her muscles and bones; if she were to be unleashed upon the World, she would fill what is between the Heavens and the Earth with a beautiful wind, and the mouths of the creation would glorifiy, praise, and exclaim greatness, and everything between the East and the West would be adorned for her, and every eye would be shut from everthing but her, and the light of the Sun would be outshone just as the light of the Sun outshines the light of the stars, and everyone on the face of the Earth would believe in the Ever-Living, the One who Sustains and Protects all the exists.

And the covering on her head is better than the World and all that is in it, and she does not increase with age except in beauty; free from an umbilical cord, childbirth and menses, and pure of mucous, saliva, urine and other filthy things; her youth never fades, her clothing is never worn out, no garment can be created that matches her beauty, and no one who is with her can ever become bored; her attention is restricted to her husband, so she desires none but him, just as his attention is restricted to her so she is the sole object of his desire, and he is with her in utmost safety and security, as none has touched her before of either humans or Jinn.

And if you ask about the Day of Increase (in reward) and the visit of the all-Mighty, all-Wise, and the sight of His Face - free from any resemblance or likeness to anything - as you see the Sun in the middle of the day and the full Moon on a cloudless night, then listen on the day that the caller will call: 'O People of Paradise! Your Lord - Blessed and Exalted - requests you to visit Him, so come to visit Him!' So they will say: 'We hear and obey!'

Until, when they finally reach the wide valley where they will all meet - and none of them will turn down the request of the caller - the Lord - Blessed and Exalted - will order His Chair to be brought there. Then, pulpits of light will emerge, as well as pulpits of pearls, gemstone, gold, and silver. The lowest of them in rank will sit on sheets of musk, and will not see what those who are on the chairs above them are given. When they are comfortable where they are sitting and are secure in their places, and the caller calls: 'O People of Paradise! You have an appointment with Allaah in which He wishes to reward you!' So they will say: 'And what is that reward? Has He not already made our faces bright, made our scales heavy, entered us into Paradise, and pushed us away from the Fire?'

And when they are like that, all of a sudden a light shines that encompasses all of Paradise. So, they raise their heads, and, behold: the Compeller - Exalted is He, and Holy are His Names - has come to them from above them and majestified them and said: 'O People of Paradise! Peace be upon you!' So, this greeting will not be responded to with anything better than: 'O Allaah! You are Peace, and from You is Peace! Blessed are You, O possessor of Majesty and Honor!' So the Lord - Blessed and Exalted - will laugh to them and say: 'O People of Paradise! Where are those who used to obey Me without having ever seen Me? This is the Day of Increase!'

So, they will all give the same response: 'We are pleased, so be pleased with us!' So, He will say: 'O People of Paradise! If I were not pleased with you, I would not have made you inhabitants of My Paradise! So, ask of Me!' So, they will all give the same response: 'Show us your Face so that we may look at it!' So, the Lord - Mighty and Majestic - will remove his covering and will majestify them and will cover them with His Light, which, if Allaah - the Exalted - had not Willed not to burn them, would have burned them.

And there will not remain a single person in this gathering except that his Lord - the Exalted - will speak to him and say: 'Do you remember the day that you did this and that?' and He will remind him of some of his bad deeds in the Worldy life, so he will say: 'O Lord! Will you not forgive me?' So, He will say: 'Of course! You have not reached this position of yours (in Paradise) except by my forgiveness.'

So, how sweet is this speech to the ears, and how cooled are the righteous eyes by the glance at His Noble Face in the Afterlife...

{Some faces that Day will be shining and radiant, looking at their Lord...} (al-Qiyaamah:22-3)

:wasalam:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
@ bro Munuwar,your words enlighted me.when I asked about the union between husband and wife in paradise,I didn't mean a material union between them,i already know that in paradise there is a pleasure bigger than the terrestrial one and it isn't made of sex.But if I(I talk about myself as an example)make many efforts in this life by taking care of my children and by loving(not only phisically,but spiritually)my husband and making the best to be a good woman,what would be of me,if I'd know that I will not share the paradisiac pleasure with the same husband I loved so much?is love a terrestrial thing,so that after the death I will forget what I passed with my husband,or will I continue to love him with a stronger love?I'm telling this,because I'm very involved in my story and I fear tha one day everything will finish in the grave.
I also know that nobody can give me a response to my question;I fear to see my husband die before me and I can't live without him.I wish to be sure that if Allah wants,I'll go to paradise and meet my sweetheart and he will be baeutier and younger,and we'll together love for the eternity:wasalam:

shichemlydia

i suggest.....

salam alikoum sister,
may allh swt preserve the good relation between you and your husband.
try to honestly ask allah swt to join you again in the paradise...this is not difficult for allah swt. and honestly ask allah swt to take your souls at the same time so you will not suffer his death, neither he too.
wa salam alikoum

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
@ bro Munuwar,your words enlighted me.when I asked about the union between husband and wife in paradise,I didn't mean a material union between them,i already know that in paradise there is a pleasure bigger than the terrestrial one and it isn't made of sex.But if I(I talk about myself as an example)make many efforts in this life by taking care of my children and by loving(not only phisically,but spiritually)my husband and making the best to be a good woman,what would be of me,if I'd know that I will not share the paradisiac pleasure with the same husband I loved so much?is love a terrestrial thing,so that after the death I will forget what I passed with my husband,or will I continue to love him with a stronger love?I'm telling this,because I'm very involved in my story and I fear tha one day everything will finish in the grave.
I also know that nobody can give me a response to my question;I fear to see my husband die before me and I can't live without him.I wish to be sure that if Allah wants,I'll go to paradise and meet my sweetheart and he will be baeutier and younger,and we'll together love for the eternity:wasalam:

As far as memory is concerned you will be suprised how much memory and information you will carry from this world to hereafter.

First the book of deeds you will receive will have all the minute details of whatever you did on this earth. Even the deep feelings and emotions and secrets you had in this life will be in that book. We don't know what that "book" would look like, but if we humans can make DVD and microchips to store vast amount of data, then Allah (SWT) surely can store all of our deeds on a medium which will show us our deeds as a movie to us. So you see, you will not forget anything of this earth.

Then after the question and answer on the Day of Judgment, when we will finally enter into Paradise, Allah (SWT) will marry those were married on this earth. But if one of the spouse will not be a person of Jannah then Allah will marry them with an another pious person. So if both of you will go to Jannah (which I hope and pray) then you and your husband will be married again in Jannah. Just imagine getting married in Jannah will be how much wonderful. And I am not making it up... this is all in the Quran.

Now I didn't say that there will be no sex in Paradise. I have heard from several scholors that sex WILL be there in Paradise, but it will definitly be of much higher quality and pleasure then this earthly sex.

So sister, you will not lose any of the memory about your husband, you will not lose any love for your husband, as a matter of fact your love for him and his love for you will increase many many fold in Jannah. You children will no longer be children but they will also be 33 years of age and have their own Jannah and spouses. InshaAllah.

So can you imagine, how much pleasure and fun you will have when you have no work, no responsibility, no sickness, no shortage of any kind of food, and on top of it, hundreds of palaces and thousands upon thousands of servents to serve you and your husband forever. What more would you want.

So bow down to your Lord and ask for his forgiveness and hold His rope tightly and you will be successful InshaAllah.

And please also make Dua for me too.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

the righteous wife and husband will unite in jannah. all you need is to pray to Allah to keep both of you under His Mercy always and work for it.

and why not that pious husband-wife who loved each other deeply will not live together in jannah? - the world where all the wishes and desires will be fulfilled.

They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones.” [Yaa-Seen 36:56]

Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness.” [al-Zukhruf 43:70]

for more: http://xeniagreekmuslimah.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/will-a-man’s-wife-join-him-in-paradise/

that's so sweet sister you make me want to cry right now, for real I haven't come across a sister so devoted to her husband. I hope that in the future when im married I will love my husband like you do inshallah

islamdonlyway

to everybody,hoping the best of Iman for you alls,I pose a question that is running in my head everyday.I read in the Quran that in the Day of Judgement the soul of the believer will join to its half-part in Jannah.I read that in jannah there are the Huri,some female,beautiful creatures who wait to their sweethearts.maybe it sounds stupid,but what will a man with 4 wives do,when they'll die and go to Jannah?will everyone wait for their only husband?And what about the husbands who die before the wives?I posed this troubled question,because I am thinking to the otherlife and I am also thinking to an hypotetic life without my sweetheart:will he wait for me in paradise,or will everybody forget the unions between mother/father,wife/husband,and so on?
I wait for any explainations,:wasalam:

:wasalam: sister, its easy for allah to do anything, so just make due to allah that you unite with your husband in paradise inshallah, and try your best to make sure your husband is on the right track as well as yourself.

and regarding the emotions, there is a famous hadith were it says that when the believers in paradise will go to the markets, they shel also have conversations about this wordly life and what they went through..so this inshallah indicated that with anyone we shel have conversaitons and share memories of this world ... inshallah may allah make us umong the people of paradise..ameen.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
all your posts made me happy...I watched the video and I agree with the sheikh's words.Please,don't cry for me.Love is a so beautiful feeling,that at least it can makes you cry of happiness.I can't describe the love I'm feeling in this moment.even if I have a troop of children and one in my womb waiting to come,I always have a big place in my heart for the man who showed me the right way and changed me from zero.that was why I was worried about the fact that I might have not met him in Jannah too,because there is no other man I can love,neither in Jannah.I'll make du'a for you who asked me,I don't forget all those brothers and sisters who gave me strenght and courage,when i neede their help,so I'll do the best.I have a so great devotion for my husband,that I can do anything for him.I really wish to meet him in paradise.in sh allah:tti_sister:

Precious Star

I do not have a husband. I did love someone very much once - I still love him very much - but we could not be together because he could not embrace Islam. He is now happy with another woman.

Due to my advanced age -- 40 -- it is unlikely I will get married.

Will I be reunited with my beloved in Jannah? Or, will he be with the woman he loves currently? If he will be with the woman he loves currently, then who will I be with? All this time, I hoped that if we can't be together in this life, then Allah SWT will bring me to him in Jannah.

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
I do not have a husband. I did love someone very much once - I still love him very much - but we could not be together because he could not embrace Islam. He is now happy with another woman.

Due to my advanced age -- 40 -- it is unlikely I will get married.

Will I be reunited with my beloved in Jannah? Or, will he be with the woman he loves currently? If he will be with the woman he loves currently, then who will I be with? All this time, I hoped that if we can't be together in this life, then Allah SWT will bring me to him in Jannah.

Dear Sister in Islam.

1. Many pious men/women died without getting married in the Dunya. Allah will inshallah marry you to one in the Akhira. And the akhira is far better.

for ALLAH said so ...

Walal-akhiratu khayrun laka mina al-oola

And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).

----------------------
2. You can not be united with a person who has died on a deen other then Islam. He wont be in Jannah.

Do you know that The Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) Mother and Father are both in Hell Fire.

Do you know that Nu'ah and Lut ( alyhissalam ) both of their wives are in Hell fire.

Because they died on disbelief.

Do not despair in the mercy of Allah for it is Kufr and a gret Sin.

56. [Ibrâhim (Abraham)] said: "And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?" Surrah 15. Al-Hijr

-----------------------------
comeing back to the man you loved... you did not marry him becuase you choose Allah and his deen. Mashallah well done , ( Allah tested you )

When you leave something which displeses Allah for his pleasure , then rejoice for Allah will reward you with a substitute better to that which you have forsaken of that which you like.

He and his wive will be in Hell Fire forever unless they accept Islam before death.

But If he does accept Islam. then in the Akhira he can get married to you even if you do not marry him in this dunya.

And Allah knows what is good for you and what is not.

Put your trust in Allah, an hold on to the Rope of Allah with your Jaws and Patience until death meets you... then you Win.

but continue to search for a husband.

kiransheraz

I want to be with my husband in afterlife

Assalam o alaikum

My husband embraced shahadat seven months back...It is devastating for me.I keep on thinking if i had him for only 14 years or i am going to get him again in jannah again.I loved him very much and it is very difficult to be without him. I pray to Allah to unite me with him after my death..I have heard that a shaheed will intercede for 70 members of his family..Will i be with him again?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Assalam o alaikum

My husband embraced shahadat seven months back...It is devastating for me.I keep on thinking if i had him for only 14 years or i am going to get him again in jannah again.I loved him very much and it is very difficult to be without him. I pray to Allah to unite me with him after my death..I have heard that a shaheed will intercede for 70 members of his family..Will i be with him again?

You will meet him if it is will of Allah.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum

it is our worldly thoughts, and merely movie-atic, I can not live without you, our soul is united, no one can divide us, bla bla

i want to aske, will anyone of us going to recognize anyone in the day of Judgement? the mother will not recognize their son-daughter, the children not gonna recognize their parents, no husband gonna recognize his wife and vise versa.

so why these question comes, will i meet my spouse in Jannah, isnt it something, like, for a period of time you;ll not recognize him, but when everything is going to be okay, I;m back with my all love? based on this selfish love, we ask these heavy question, when Allah has described Jannah, as there will no such desire, which will not be fulfilled.

we should ponder, and think deeply, whether we have really understood Jannah, otherwise these questions would not disturb our mind insha Allah ta'la

may Allah guide us
may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la help us to understand His religion

BarakAllahu feekum
wassalam

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Yes brother is correct. we just have to trust that Allah knows what is best to us. Problems in our life like lost someone who is very important to us is part of test as like this life in here is a test.

:shymuslima1: Sorry my english if I can´t express my ideas correctly.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
and what about a man who got married to 4 wives:will he meet all them in Jannah??Allahu 'alim,isn't it?since I've started this thread,I was worried about this matter.my devotion grows up every day more,and every day more it increases my fear to lose him when my end will come.am I too much attached to this life?:shymuslima1: