SLEEPING TOO LATE -LIVER DAMAGE

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I`ve difficult to understand some english terms,but as I could understand the liver is able to regenerate itself.yes,when it`s in good health!!!a friend of my parents died of cancer to the liver!allah Irhamu...in the organ which is going to be operated my mum is called CISTIFELLEA and it produces what the liver needs to help the digestion of the food.

JenGiove

I`ve difficult to understand some english terms,but as I could understand the liver is able to regenerate itself.yes,when it`s in good health!!!a friend of my parents died of cancer to the liver!allah Irhamu...in the organ which is going to be operated my mum is called CISTIFELLEA and it produces what the liver needs to help the digestion of the food.

:salam2:

Sister, Alhamdulilah! Yes, Cistifellea is the Gallbladder in English and its removal is a small matter and humans can handle the removal of it easily. Set you mind at ease. It only HELPS the digestion of food. There are other things that can take over the job that the gallbladder does. There will probably be some diet changes your mother will have to do but it shouldn't be too hard. Yes, fatty foods will most likely be one food that she will have to stop eating....which is better for her anyways. :)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Yeah I do most of those things..My liver will probably fail eventually from how much ascetominaphin I take alone. :S

But insha allah more people should be aware of the dangers of such things!

Hilal Said

Beside health problems caused by sleeping too late; it has another severe problem which is missing Fajr prayer.

Yesterday I slept @ 3:30 AM and because of that I missed Fajr prayer. My day was ruined and I missed Maghrib prayer because I was feeling tired and I didn't set alarm in my mobile to wake up at prayer time.

Really horrible. I missed two prayers in one day.

JenGiove

Yeah I do most of those things..My liver will probably fail eventually from how much ascetominaphin I take alone. :S

But insha allah more people should be aware of the dangers of such things!

Alf, When I was 17, I took 200 extra strength Tylenol at once <long story> and my liver is fine. I take daily 3 Tylenols so unless you are taking more than that less than that, you'll be fine. If you do have liver problems, it will be because of other factors.

JenGiove

Beside health problems caused by sleeping too late; it has another severe problem which is missing Fajr prayer.

Yesterday I slept @ 3:30 AM and because of that I missed Fajr prayer. My day was ruined and I missed Maghrib prayer because I was feeling tired and I didn't set alarm in my mobile to wake up at prayer time.

Really horrible. I missed two prayers in one day.

If you goto bed at an earlier hour then you should be able to get enough sleep to get you through the day. Missing prayers...tisk tisk...not a good thing.

ShyHijabi

Alf, When I was 17, I took 200 extra strength Tylenol at once <long story> and my liver is fine. I take daily 3 Tylenols so unless you are taking more than that less than that, you'll be fine. If you do have liver problems, it will be because of other factors.

It is nothing short of miraculous that you are alive.

As far as the OP, once again, sleep (too much or too little) does not cause liver damage. Things such as alcohol and infectious disease that cause hepatitis are the leading causes of liver damage/failure.

JenGiove

It is nothing short of miraculous that you are alive.

As far as the OP, once again, sleep (too much or too little) does not cause liver damage. Things such as alcohol and infectious disease that cause hepatitis are the leading causes of liver damage/failure.

:salam2: Dear sister,

Yes, Alhamdulilah. A long 24 hours in ICU plus another few days in the pediatric ward <since I was under 18> and then another two weeks in the hospital dealing with the reasons why I took so much medication. Definitily a learning experience.

To the OP, think of it this way...

Gunpowder is made up of three things: sulfur,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder#cite_note-0 charcoal, and potassium nitrate. Alone they have their purposes but once together, they make something violent. Sleep is the same thing. Excessive sleep mixed with excess fatty deposits in the arteries and genetic factors can be a recipe for disaster but alone, sleep is wonderfully rejuvenating and vital for the proper function of mind, body and emotional stability..