I stood up to my family...now what?

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamualykum Dear sister Sakeena,

I will pray for you, InshaAllah be steadfast. May Allah frees you from all worries, Aameen.
And as the meaning of your name "Sakeena" means "Peace", "Sukoon", May Allah(SWT) grants peace,sukoon to my sister Sakeena, Aameen.

All the best from whole Hyderabad (city in Indian sub-continent) :)
I'm a crazy guy :p

MalikBrother

Salaam!

You have to be patient. If you love your family, then you have to lead by an example. Instead of thinking of moving away from home, better stay there and tolerate little bit for the sake of your family. Only you can save them from FIRE. Allaah forbids if someone from your family dies as Non Muslim. You should be thinking how to win their hearts, and show them what truly Islam is. Life is never easy, and certainly not for Muslim people living in Non Muslim countries.

If you are having tough time, i guess you know what you must do in situation you are in.

Ahsen

I don't know what to say.I myself am in a difficult situation.Anyways i am glad that you felt happy.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
@MalikBrother,I oppose my point of view to yours about having patience to tolerate staying in the family.I tell you this,because when I wanted to go away with my future maroccan/muslim husband,my parents behaved like 2 enemies toward me.I patiented for 2 years,then,when I was ready to fly,at 21 years old I left everything.it didn't matter if I left my parents "dying as non-muslims".If I didn't do that step,I would have regretted it for all my life and now they wouldn't have known what Islam is.you should know that nowdays my parents are more informed about Islam than when I was at home..If they'll die as muslims,only Allah knows,me,I'm doing my best to "save" them from fire,but remember that everybody will be alone at the Day of Judgement,so I really can't save them,if they at first don't want to be saved:salah:

Sakeena

How can I save them when they don't even want to listen to me? I'm sorry, but I'm trying to save my own soul. If they reject Islam and die as non Muslims then that's too bad. I've been oppressed for almost seven years now and I'm tired of it. You see how intolerant they are (as with many Americans). I'll out if I have to for sure! InshaAllah.

MalikBrother

@MalikBrother,I oppose my point of view to yours about having patience to tolerate staying in the family.I tell you this,because when I wanted to go away with my future maroccan/muslim husband,my parents behaved like 2 enemies toward me.I patiented for 2 years,then,when I was ready to fly,at 21 years old I left everything.it didn't matter if I left my parents "dying as non-muslims".If I didn't do that step,I would have regretted it for all my life and now they wouldn't have known what Islam is.you should know that nowdays my parents are more informed about Islam than when I was at home..If they'll die as muslims,only Allah knows,me,I'm doing my best to "save" them from fire,but remember that everybody will be alone at the Day of Judgement,so I really can't save them,if they at first don't want to be saved:salah:

:wasalam:

I am very sympathy with your situation, and May Allaah (SWT) makes it easier for your life.

The reason i keep repeating because at the end, it's your family, and they will ignore to the extent, and it's up to us to guide them the truth because we know the truth now, and the responsibility to save your family from FIRE lies to you. I know it's not easy at all, and life is always tough. If you are not happy with them, better to move on then. Allaah (SWT) will deal with them in afterlife.

I'd be happy to tolerate all these because at the end, it's still my family and i love my family very much. I am very lucky to be born in Muslim family especially with the family that are proper Muslim people, and i am very well educated about Islam thank to good upbringing i have received.

However, i may not be aware of your situation, and it's up to you whether to show little more faith on your family or move on. Either way, your have our prayers. May Allaah (SWT) will look after you, Ameen!

MalikBrother

How can I save them when they don't even want to listen to me? I'm sorry, but I'm trying to save my own soul. If they reject Islam and die as non Muslims then that's too bad. I've been oppressed for almost seven years now and I'm tired of it. You see how intolerant they are (as with many Americans). I'll out if I have to for sure! InshaAllah.

Then, you should move on. I wouldn't talk like this if i were you. After all, they are your family who have raised you, and looked after you. Shouldn't be little more tolerant for the love of family? Who knows with your tolerant finally win your family heart, and they will join Islam? Allaah (SWT) loves those who show tolerant in difficult times like this.

If you are having hard time, then it's up to you. You have our prayers. May Allaah (SWT) looks after you, Ameen!

Sakeena

I was thinking maybe I should try a different approach with my family. Considering how crazy things have gotten over the last few years, it is best if I move out. After a while, they'll realize how much they miss and appreciate me and hopefully they'll come around InshaAllah.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Malikbrother,what you said is right.I didn't grow up in a religious family.I tolerate much more than you imagine.when I talked about Islam before leaving my home,they feared for me that I would have suffered,but when I took my courage and told that I would have left my home to create a new family and be free,they changed humour.at first I saw the delusion in their eyes,because my father hoped me to be vegetarian and maybe married to an hinduist,and my mother didn't trust to muslims in general.after I made my step,they all recognized that they had failed with their thoughts and realized that they were without the daughter they always had around them.I escaped from home because of their fault.now,after almost 5 years of marriage and almost 4 children,my parents are much friendly than before.their home is always opened for me and I can also talk about Islam without any fear.in my heart I hope my mum will be enlighted,but it's difficult.at least I love my parents more than before and they see how I'm happy and well realized in my life.:)

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH

While reading your post, i got very surprised ya sister... I m very proud of your emaan and the strength how you defense your religion. On the other hand I m very sorry to hear you face with such problems :girl3: however sister you know Allah doesnt give any burden that you cannot tolarate... Inshaallah Allah Subhanallah Teala will give ease in your difficulties soon..

Be patient and and never give up relying on Allah.

You ll be in my dua2 inshaallah.

assalam alaykum

MalikBrother

I was thinking maybe I should try a different approach with my family. Considering how crazy things have gotten over the last few years, it is best if I move out. After a while, they'll realize how much they miss and appreciate me and hopefully they'll come around InshaAllah.

You know the best. Have faith in Allaah (SWT), and everything will be fine, Insha'Allah!

MalikBrother

^ hayat.

I am impressed, and that's actually not bad idea at all. There is a saying the more you stay further away, the more love will increase. May Allaah (SWT) helps you to succeed in bringing your family to Islam very soon, Ameen!

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
That's what it happened,I stayed far from my house and since I gave shape to my future,everything turned easier to my eyes.Yes Allah doesn't give any proof that somebody can't tolerate,but what did know a little girl like me,when I was obliged to prostrate to statues?one night I slept in front of a wall without lieing in my bed:I stood up all night long and I was only 4 years old.after many years,my father is repented for the suffrance he made me tolerate.
Tha's why I encourage sister Sakeena to find her way withouth anybody who thinks at her place.maybe your parents will look at you with other eyes and start to have with you a new approaching.

Sakeena

Asalamalaoikum everyone,

well, it's been a whole week since I've seen/heard from my mom... thinking maybe I should give her a call. Help please... I've never felt this scared before...

:girl3: :girl3: :girl3:

I'm going to call her after I pray InshaAllah..!!

Please please please make DU'A for me!! Please!

:( :( :(

Any advice?? :girl3:

auroran

Ukhti you're in my du'a's. May Allaah keep you safe and guide your family to Islaam...ameen.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
keep in contact with your parents,ask them if everything's ok.assure them that you're ok.your mum maybe will be more worried than you imagine,but she won't show you her feeling.May Allah be with you:hearts:

Sakeena

Wasalam. I called my mom twice last night and she didn't answer. :girl3: I hope she not mad and will listen to what I have to say and my feelings InshaAllah. I hope she doesn't interupt me anymore when I'm trying to talk to her. Ugh! :muslim_child: