What about changing parts of TTI?

Do you agree with lil brother Idrîs?

• Yes on everything

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Yes only some of it

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No way - Never!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I don't know - I have a better idea [please tell us].

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Idris16

as-Salâm `Alaykum warahmatullâh wabarakâtuh

Is it only me who wants to get rid of Anâshîd, word games etc... here? I mean shouldn't we have more Islâmic environment. Shouldn't we have new rules like only males befriend males here and same with sisters? Please do not say I am an extremist:) And can we get rid of ''Politics section''.

You can vote [it's not shirk, because we are not participating in kufr democracy;)]

Edit: visitor message is ok, as long as not exaggerating. And if sisters get Pm'd by brothers then tell the admin.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

We will be making changes to the website inshaAllah. and are actually working on implementing them. I am remaking the site from scratch.

Its better for the brothers and sisters to communicate in the open. - Unfortunately, some members might misuse the private-messaging, but, on the whole it is not being misused. -

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I don't think that a female member of tti should have only female friends here.this is an opened but serious forum in which friendship reduces only in some messages.I'm here from 1 year and 4 months and in my visitor message list there are several messages from male friends and they never fell into something out of the interest about Islam.by myself the ones who "misused" PMs list,should be warned.I would be little disappointed,if one day from my list of friends would have deleted all males that there are,because it would be like forbidding something absolutely normal.I don't write to males for no reasons(there is always interst about Islam or about the health).there is no malice.:wasalam::)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Dont get rid of word games :(
Whats wrong with playing word games? Nothing is haraam about that :(

I voted some of it, because I think we should keep that LOL

On other issues.......

1) Opposite Gender Friends - I dont care much about that. I only have 2 "friends" on this site anyway.

2) Politics Section - I Had no idea there was a Politics section O_O

3) Opposite gender PM's: I have exchanged a few brief PM's with 2 brothers on this site. It was 100% Islamic and it was literally 2 exchanges. (I msg him, he replied) Then it was done. On this subject, I also do not care either way.

We used PM's not because it was inappropriate, but because calling it out in the forums would have caused a scene and de-railed the thread off it's main topic.

Idris16

Dont get rid of word games :(
Whats wrong with playing word games? Nothing is haraam about that :(
I want to get rid of it because we can do more beneficial things. Yes it is not harâm, you are right. I want
a) Nasheeds gone
b) Word games and similar things gone
c) Befriending the opposite gender gone!
d) The News section or you can call it ''Current affairs - Politics section'' gone.

Believe me, our souls will be in peace, I've seen it in another great forum and I felt an inner-peace walhamdulillâh. BârakAllâhu Fikom.

Currently only four have voted.

Edit:

:ma:Brother, I voted yes on everything and I agree with you. We all want peace and want nothing more from this world than to please Allah swt and to gain his love. I don't think you are an extremist and I support you all the way. :jazaak:

:wasalam:
Alhamdulillâh sister Lena.

Lena

:ma:Brother, I voted yes on everything and I agree with you. We all want peace and want nothing more from this world than to please Allah swt and to gain his love. I don't think you are an extremist and I support you all the way. :jazaak:

:wasalam:

Seeker-of-truth

lol I just enjoy reading the posts I dont even check if its a male or female, how about instead just remove the gender option? then as long as no one mentions their gender everything is fine but the nasheed section has definitely got to go. The politics section is ok i guess, I know wo shouldnt vote for a law other than sharia. actually the politics section is a bit useless no one would actually come here for our views on politics lol (I dont think anyone cares).

auroran

I haven't spent much time in the Word Games section but it looks like a fun section. I think we should leave that because I just realized how cool that section is. The nasheed section can go.

Yes I have made a mistake by pm'ing a brother, opps.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

I voted for "some of it" because I think certain things are ok...like having the PM. I dont care much about the gender issue plus I think thats being implemented already. We have strict rules on that alhamdulillaah. However, I totally feel that the current issue sections has to GO! I dont like politics NEVER did and NEVER will......its a waste of time and usually ends with some people figure pointing other nations!! we dont need such hatred in Islamic forum. Islam is peace...world politics aint got no peace ! ask me if those go together...*heck no!* so YES I vote for that section to be removed!

I disagree with the word game....not alot of people spend much time on it anyway, so once in awhile FUN is awesome. We shouldn't make it all "strict" we should have fun ISLAMIC games which will also be educational for us. Thats my reason for keeping the word game ^__^

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

Like Admin said, certain changes will come with the changing of the site inshaAllaah. And we may apply some changes within the rules based on that, and it's already been in discussion.

I think what needs to be kept in mind is the position and situation of people as well. What we've wanted to make with TTI is a place where people can try to come together inshaAllaah and make it productive but also 'relax'. Based on that...

I personally think a nasheed section is o.k. There was a time I was against it based on the fact that it was a waste of time only, and it's too hard to moderate sometimes to check for Music (although alhamdulillaah most our users are very compliant with that). But one has to realize that yes, even though you might hold the opinion that anasheed are makrooh, or not generally liked, this opinion can't be pushed on all others.

As for the Users making "friends" with the opposite gender, I'll just be upfront that when I first joined TTI and up till now, I've hardly paid attention to that aspect. If someone adds me, I usually just add them back without much thought before it. Now it's come to a point where I might feel it more appropriate to be more 'selective' - but the fact was, the 'friendship' thing was never really thought of as 'friends' up until this point.

As for being real 'friends' then this of course is not allowed, and at this point I'm fine with deleting them off my own profile, but with generalities, I think this was/is a defunct portion of the site. We'll see inshaAllah in future.

Politics section. Part of me thinks it's important, Part says good riddance! This is just a personal feeling though.

And finally, word games. I think they are misused unfortunately. I think they have potential to be alright, but they often escalate to insane proportions. Maybe in future we can set up these games in individual bro/sis sections - so that they can have fun and be free about it, and the 'games' in public be more serious or productive minded to give less space for a 'free-mixing' or 'playful' attitude which sometime arises, and in between brothers and sisters should not.

Allaahu 'Alem though. :jazaak: for bringing your concerns to the table akhi. If there are other suggestions from our brothers and sisters here as well, then do provide them, and inshaAllaah if/when the site is brought under some changes... some considerations may be taken.

Almaas

Wa'alaykumasalaam wa'rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.

I want to get rid of it because we can do more beneficial things. Yes it is not harâm, you are right. I want
a) Nasheeds gone
b) Word games and similar things gone
c) Befriending the opposite gender gone!
d) The News section or you can call it ''Current affairs - Politics section'' gone.

I'm gonna be completely honest and say I don't agree, sorry bro. I think it's good our voicing your opinions, and I don't think you're extreme. However..

I don't see why the Nasheed section should go, that's what drew me to TTI in the first place. Can't say I visit the section much, but there's plenty of people who do, so let it be. Same with the word sections, it's hardly a huge fitnah attracting large amounts of people, but I can understand how it leads to something, as Sis Samiha said, more playful. I think as long as it's closely watched and continuously moderated, as it is done, then it's okay. There's a few beneficial threads there, like 'The Greatest Generation'.

As for the Politics/Current Affairs section, disagreements and debates are inevitable, it's also how we learn from each other. I also think the same sex friend thing isn't a major issue either, most people know the limits.

Furthermore, I think the forum is already an Islamic environment.

Anyhow, those are just my opinions.

You can vote [it's not shirk, because we are not participating in kufr democracy;)]

Loooool, no comment.. :p

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Noooooooo don´t take word games away - not even the "FOODS". Members may get new ideas with cooking from other countries.

I too have some male friends but talk with them only matters which are not against islamic values.

Please!

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
from the precious things I learn ot tti is that Nasheed are Haram because they lead away from Allah's way.indeed there is a thread which says"Nasheed???very very important",while in another section of the same forum there is a section for them...it's a non-sense,isn't it?It could be added a section about the "cronicles" of everyday in each country of the world.so if someone is from india,he/she may write something important happened in that day,so that everybody can know how is the life in other parts of the world.:)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
It could be added a section about the "cronicles" of everyday in each country of the world.so if someone is from india,he/she may write something important happened in that day,so that everybody can know how is the life in other parts of the world.:)

wa alaykkum assalaam.... very nice idea.... jazak Allahu khyir.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum~

Maybe the admins or even us members can post even more halal games such as "Guess this person of the Sahabah". Games that are fun yet beneficial in knowledge inshaAllah.

I hope this can be made somehow~ I don't know much of the Sahabah and I'd love to see
threads - especially game ones to guess, for example

Salam alaikum

Idris16

Assalaamu alaikum,

I voted for "some of it" because I think certain things are ok...like having the PM. I dont care much about the gender issue plus I think thats being implemented already. We have strict rules on that alhamdulillaah. However, I totally feel that the current issue sections has to GO! I dont like politics NEVER did and NEVER will......its a waste of time and usually ends with some people figure pointing other nations!! we dont need such hatred in Islamic forum. Islam is peace...world politics aint got no peace ! ask me if those go together...*heck no!* so YES I vote for that section to be removed!

I disagree with the word game....not alot of people spend much time on it anyway, so once in awhile FUN is awesome. We shouldn't make it all "strict" we should have fun ISLAMIC games which will also be educational for us. Thats my reason for keeping the word game ^__^
I will repeat what I've said.... #4 is the newest...

1. News section - gone
2. Nasheed section - gone
3. Word games - gone
4. No smilies intended to the opposite gender

PM is ok... haven't mentioned it.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
why would you like to remove the smilies to the opposite gender?there is nothing bad in a smile:SMILY335: :laughing-dancing::jumpclap: :SMILY27: :SMILY128: :SMILY126::wavyarms::D :):lol: