What do you desire in Duniya?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Sometimes when I see peoples love for money and material things or are very cheap, it literally makes me sick. They can't bring these things with them to the akhirah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The Prophet Suleiman supplicated to Allah that no other ruler have the vast riches and greatness he was given. He knew the trials of the riches.

No, you can be rich. That is your trial on earth. What do you do with your riches rich man, what do you do. A three million dollar yacht filled with blondes is one that makes me scratch my little head. A silver Mercedes and you have the nerve to pose with it.

No, you can be poor. That is your trial on earth. One step away from poverty. How do you hold on to your faith, brother, when the easy way out is calling you. Do not begrudge the rich man for his wealth and luxury.

It falls back on the intention. We are to desire from the duyna a good life so we can do good deeds and give back to Allah. Allah desires that we worship Him under all conditions.

What I desire from the duyna is the ability to say no. The ability to carry out my intention that which is with Allah is better. The duyna is very appealing. Faith gives us the courage to say..oh how good is this but let me check out what Allah wishes for me to do with all that He has given me.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Here is another Brilliant Video shared by Sister AllahknowsBest:

[yt]e0Nm9lj8Hkg[/yt]​

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

MashAllah dear sister for your beautiful video. Mashallah the words are very beautiful and behind nasheed as well.

May Allah reward you dear sister for your effort in making it and sharing with us.:SMILY252:

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Jazakallah khair for everyone who replied.

This thread is neither questioning and nor is it saying not to gain wealth. All it's trying to convey is not to love wealth and everything that is only related to Duniya. Work hard and stive in duniya to compete with it for Aakhira. Be a Billionaire but live poor. Live Simple! Hate being materialistic, competitive for status, name and wealth. Be like the Prophet of Allaah:saw:, like Abu Bakr wa Umer was Uthman wa 'Ali (May Allaah be pleased with them), Be like Abu Dhardaa and Musaab Ibn Umair. They were Kings and Governers. See how they lived. They truly were the Kings and Governers because they not only ruled and governed the Duniya but the Akhira too.

We claim to love them all, we claim to desire Jannah like them. But do we?

Thus the title: What do you desire in Duniya. The thread is just a reminder from the Quraan and Sunnah.

You are free to disagree. Everyone has their way of thinking. However, please don't debate here Inshaa'Allaah. (I know no one intends to but just saying)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

It falls back on the intention. We are to desire from the duyna a good life so we can do good deeds and give back to Allah. Allah desires that we worship Him under all conditions.

What I desire from the duyna is the ability to say no. The ability to carry out my intention that which is with Allah is better. The duyna is very appealing. Faith gives us the courage to say..oh how good is this but let me check out what Allah wishes for me to do with all that He has given me.

Mashaa'Allaah you understood the purpose of my thread *Smile*.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

MashAllah dear sister for your beautiful video. Mashallah the words are very beautiful and behind nasheed as well.

May Allah reward you dear sister for your effort in making it and sharing with us.:SMILY252:

May Allah bless you

Jazakallah khair ukhti. But this video is made by Our little Sister Allaahknowsbest. She's good at isn't it?

Ameen to your duas. Wa Iyyaki.

If anyone has anything related to the topic. Please feel free to share.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Jazakallah khair ukhti. But this video is made by Our little Sister Allaahknowsbest. She's good at isn't it?

Ameen to your duas. Wa Iyyaki.

If anyone has anything related to the topic. Please feel free to share.

:salam2: dear sister

I could read from your words that video was made by our sister " Allahknows the best" and I was refering on her in my post.:shymuslima1:

But may Allah aslo reward you dear sister for posting this video on your thread, MashAllah, so my duas can refer on you too Inshallah. :)

May Allah bless you

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

I believe that this dunya is a test. A test to see who will become who they are supposed to be. A test to see who will make the effort to become a better person. That's ultimately what the goal is, to become a better person before you die.

xAllahKnowsBestx

:salam2: dear sister

I could read from your words that video was made by our sister " Allahknows the best" and I was refering on her in my post.:shymuslima1:

JazakAllahu khayr sister, and ameen to your duas! :)

I just wanted to say, this is a great thread. We need more threads like this. :) :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

[yt]AvdVToA1hgE[/yt]​
﴾وَيْلٌ لِّكُلِّ هُمَزَةٍ لُّمَزَةٍ ﴿١

Woe to every Humazah Lumazah.

Al-Hammaz refers to (slander) by speech, and Al-Lammaz refers to (slander) by action.

This means that the person finds fault with people and belittles them. An explanation of this has already preceded in the discussion of Allah's statement,

هَمَّازٍ مَّشَّآءِ بِنَمِيمٍ

Hammaz, going about with slander (68:11)

Ibn Abbas said,

"Humazah Lumazah means one who reviles and disgraces (others).''

Mujahid said,

"Al-Humazah is with the hand and the eye, and Al-Lumazah is with the tongue.''

Then Allah says,

الَّذِي جَمَعَ مَالًا وَعَدَّدَهُ ﴿٢

Who has gathered wealth and counted it.

meaning, he gathers it piling some of it on top of the rest and he counts it up.

This is similar to Allah's saying,

وَجَمَعَ فَأَوْعَى (And collect (wealth) and hide it.) (70:18)

This was said by As-Suddi and Ibn Jarir.

Muhammad bin Ka`b said concerning Allah's statement, جَمَعَ مَالاً وَعَدَّدَهُ (gathered wealth and counted it).

"His wealth occupies his time in the day, going from this to that. Then when the night comes he sleeps like a rotting corpse.''

Then Allah says,

يَحْسَبُ أَنَّ مَالَهُ أَخْلَدَهُ ﴿٣

He thinks that his wealth will make him last forever!

meaning, he thinks that gathering wealth will make him last forever in this abode (the worldly life).

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
كَلَّا...

But no!

meaning, the matter is not as he claims, nor as he reckons.

Then Allah says,

...لَيُنبَذَنَّ فِي الْحُطَمَةِ ﴿٤﴾

Verily, he will be thrown into Al-Hutamah.

meaning, the person who gathered wealth and counted it, will be thrown into Al-Hutamah, which is one of the descriptive names of the Hellfire. This is because it crushes whoever is in it.

Thus, Allah says,

وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْحُطَمَةُ ﴿٥﴾

نَارُ اللَّهِ الْمُوقَدَةُ ﴿٦﴾

الَّتِي تَطَّلِعُ عَلَى الْأَفْئِدَةِ ﴿

And what will make you know what Al-Hutamah is?

The fire of Allah, Al-Muqadah, which leaps up over the hearts.

Thabit Al-Bunani said,

"It will burn them all the way to their hearts while they are still alive.''

Then he said,

"Indeed the torment will reach them.''

Then he cried.

Muhammad bin Ka`b said,

"It (the Fire) will devour every part of his body until it reaches his heart and comes to the level of his throat, then it will return to his body.''

Concerning Allah's statement,

إِنَّهَا عَلَيْهِم مُّؤْصَدَةٌ ﴿

Verily, it shall Mu'sadah upon them.

meaning, covering, just as was mentioned in the Tafsir of Surah Al-Balad (see 90:20).

Then Allah says,

فِي عَمَدٍ مُّمَدَّدَةٍ ﴿

In pillars stretched forth.

Atiyah Al-`Awfi said, "Pillars of Iron.''

As-Suddi said, "Made of fire.''

Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas,

"He will make them enter pillars stretched forth, meaning there will be columns over them, and they will have chains on their necks, and the gates (of Hell) will be shut upon them.''

This is the end of the Tafsir of Surah Al-Humazah, and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Are we living like travelers as our beloved Prophet:saw: did? Are we heading for Jannah?

[yt]5c9_56e4BWg[/yt]​

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
Jazak Allah khair
that was very rich with Quran and Sunnah wich must be the base for knowledge brought to this forums
May Allah guide us all

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
what I wish in this Dunya,if I can write it,it's to see my children grow up until they get married and bring to me their children.then I wish to go to Hajj,I'd like to memorize the Quran in the beginning of the next year and I wish to see with my eyes the strenght of a tornado while running some metres far from me(the last one is a quiete foolishness but it's my secret passion):)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, radhiallaahu `anhu, narrated that someone asked Abu-d-Dardaa’, radhiallaahu `anhu, to advise him, he replied: "Remember Allaah when you are comfortable, He will remember you when you are in difficulty, and when you set your eyes upon something in this world, think about how it will end!"

Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, radhiallaahu `anhu, also narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa’, radhiallaahu `anhu, used to say, "Woe unto him, and what an agony is awaiting one who cares only about amassing money in this world! Woe unto him who opens his mouth agape and drools at hearing the sound of money, who looks aghast, just like an idiot when he thinks about it, who stares at what people have, and who does not see what he has; and if he could, he would pursue such an obsession by day and night. Woe unto him! What an austere reckoning and a grievous punishment are awaiting him!"

Source

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
AssalaamuAlaikum wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Just thought would share this saying by Hazrat Ali(RA) -

This is in Urdu -
" Doulat Mitti Ki Tarha Hai Aur Mitti Ko Pair Ke Niche Rehna Chahiye. Agar Sir Pe Charhaoge To Qabar Ban Jayegi Aur Qabar Zinda Insano Ke Liye Nahi Hoti.. "

Translation - " Wealth/Money is like sand and sand should be below one's legs. If you keep it on your head, then it becomes your grave and Graves are not for humans who are alive.. "

Peace.

John Smith

AssalaamuAlaikum wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Just thought would share this saying by Hazrat Ali(RA) -

This is in Urdu -
" Doulat Mitti Ki Tarha Hai Aur Mitti Ko Pair Ke Niche Rehna Chahiye. Agar Sir Pe Charhaoge To Qabar Ban Jayegi Aur Qabar Zinda Insano Ke Liye Nahi Hoti.. "

Translation - " Wealth/Money is like sand and sand should be below one's legs. If you keep it on your head, then it becomes your grave and Graves are not for humans who are alive.. "

Peace.

True.

More money more problems.

dikhreislam

salam i agree 100% . For some reason i was raised with the belief that attaining wealth for a muslim is next to a sin. money is an important factor in our lives you see its the societies with the least money that have the highest crime rates. and on a more personal level I also want to be financially free someday so that my parents and family never have to worry about money again iA

dikhreislam

Good thread, but money is also important. i want to be rich so that i can provide for my family and my parents. when the stomach is empty, then such things only happen to be exceptions. poverty is a curse nowadays. MAy Allah keep us safe from it

this is the thread i replied to ... sorry as i am new to the forum

strive-may-i

Walaikum ssalaam,

What Do I desire?
Copied others bucketlist. Shortlisted them, and probed what it leads to.

The only standout item is - "I desire a confirmation of hereafter's(Akhira) Green signal, while in duniya"