Is Yahya (p.b.w.h) coming back again?

MutlekM

:salam2:
I was doing a bit of research and I fell upon a very interesting subject about prophet Yahya may peace be with him or as he is known to the Jews and Christians as John the Baptist. Anyway to get to the point according to the Bible, to put it simply, Yahya (p.b.w.h) died because a woman asked for his head from a king and that he was killed while still young. Most Muslims accept this as the way he died, but we all (Muslims) know we can't trust the Bible and it is in the Quran that Allaah (s.w.t) told Zakariya (p.b.w.h) that his sons' name is 'Yahya' which in arabic means 'to live on' or 'to be alive' not 'God is Gracious' or 'given by God'. They believe that he died young but why would Allah (s.w.t) name him Yahya (p.b.w.h) if he was gonna die young? There is no mention in the Quran or the hadiths (as far as I know) that includes Yahya's (p.b.w.h) death.

(19:12) "O John! Hold the Book with all your strength."9 We had bestowed wisdom upon him while he was still a child;10 يٰيَحۡيٰى خُذِ الۡكِتٰبَ بِقُوَّةٍ*! ؕ وَاٰتَيۡنٰهُ الۡحُكۡمَ صَبِيًّا ۙ‏
(19:13) and We also endowed him with tenderness11 and purity, and he was exceedingly pious وَّحَنَانًـا مِّنۡ لَّدُنَّا وَزَكٰوةً  *!ؕ وَّكَانَ تَقِيًّا ۙ‏
(19:14) and cherishing to his parents. Never was he insolent or rebellious. وَّبَرًّۢا بِوَالِدَيۡهِ وَلَمۡ يَكُنۡ جَبَّارًا عَصِيًّا‏
(19:15) Peace be upon him the day he was born, and the day he will die, and the day he will be raised up alive.12 وَسَلٰمٌ عَلَيۡهِ يَوۡمَ وُلِدَ وَيَوۡمَ يَمُوۡتُ وَيَوۡمَ يُبۡعَثُ حَيًّا‏
(The Holy Quran, Surah Maryam)

That last verse was only said about Yahya (p.b.u.h) and Al-Messih Isa ibn Maryam (Jesus Christ) Peace be upon him. Everybody is welcome to discuss or to enlighten me on the subject.
Shukran
Peace :D

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullah akhi.

Ma sha Allah that is an interesting observation, however it is only nabiyullah 'Esaa ('aleyhi salam) that will be coming back, because he will be a sign of the hour and he will come back and die as everybody else. Prophet Yahya ('aleyhi salam) already died and no one will die twice. Also there is nothing mentioned in the ahadeeth or the tafsiir about prophet Yahya ('aleyhi salam) returning to the dunyaa. Wallahu a'lem

MutlekM

You are right but when Muhammad p.b.u.h went to the heavens on the first level he saw Isa aleyih asalam and Yahya aleyhi asalam side by side.
Wallahu Ya3lim

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
wa'alaikum as'salaam

No, he is not coming back. Numerous hadiths and Islamic sources confirm that only Isa a.s. will be coming back.

MutlekM

Could you please point out those hadiths, and can anyone give me suggestions of why there is these points that there is more to the story of Yahya a.s.
Thank You

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
As I said, there is no mention of anyone else returning other than Jesus a.s. Here's a few but there is lot more information out there, probably on this forum as well.

Abû Hurayrah relates that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “By Him in Whose hand is my life, the son of Mary (peace be upon him) will soon descend among you as a just judge. He will break crosses, kill the swine and abolish the poll-tax, and wealth will pour forth to such an extent that no one will accept it.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2222) and Sahîh Muslim (155)]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said: “By Him in whose hand is my soul, the son of Mary will approach the al-Rawhâ’ pass (between Mecca and Madinah), to perform Hajj, `Umrah, or both.” [Sahîh Muslim (1252)]

Also in Sahîh Muslim is a very long hadîth giving an account of the Antichrist and the various trials he will bring. After an account of a number of the hardships and calamities that will befall the people at the hands of the Antichrist, the Prophet (peace be upon him) informs us that he will defeat the Antichrist after which he will overcome Gog and Magog. [Sahîh Muslim (2937)]

Abû Hurayrah also relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) also said [Sunan Abî Dâwûd (4324) and Musnad Ahmad (8902)]:
Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The Prophets are brothers of the same father with different mothers, and their religion is one. I am the closest in relationship to Jesus, the son of Mary, because there was no prophet between him and me.

Jesus will descend. If you see him, then know him. He is a man of a moderately ruddy complexion. He will be wearing two faintly yellow garments. His hair will seem to have drops of water upon it, even though it will not be wet.

He will strive with the people for Islam. He will break the cross, kill the swine, and abolish the poll-tax. Allah will make all sects to come to an end during his time except Islam, and Allah will cause the Antichrist to perish.

Jesus will live for forty years, and then he shall die. The Muslims will conduct his (funeral) prayer and bury him.​

wa 'alaikum salaam wa rahmatuLLaahi wa barakaatuhu. The name "Yahya," is not like Yaya, but Yaya is a better name than Yahya.

And I am very sorry about all my sins and mistakes, and my sins would not forgive me without me repenting from all the bad deeds that I have done.

Wassalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatuLLaahi wa barakaatuhu.

deeva

Yahya alayhi assalaam is not coming back. The verse you highlighted in black is talking about the Day of Judgment, not in this life. The verse t hat speaks of Isa alayhi assalaam is ALSO talking about the Day of Judgment, as far as "the day I shall be raised alive".

Jesus did not die. Being "raised alive" is referring to the Day of Judgment. When Jesus returns, he will "descend", not be "raised alive".

I advise you to stick to what the rightly guided Muslims know about this matter, which is that only jesus will return.

deeva

You are right but when Muhammad p.b.u.h went to the heavens on the first level he saw Isa aleyih asalam and Yahya aleyhi asalam side by side.
Wallahu Ya3lim

John and Jesus were in the same era. It makes sense for them to be seen together. Be weary of basing false beliefs on things with no premise.

Assalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatuLLaahi wa barakaatuhu.

The Tafsiir for Surah Maryam (19) verse 15 is that An Nabiyyullaah Al Yahya ibn Zakariyya 'alaihi shalawaatu wa salaam would be raised up after he died. So, what I believe based on my belief is that An NabiyyuLLaah Al Yahya ibn Zakariyya 'alaihi shalawaatu wa salaam wa rahiimahuLLaah will be just as what Allaahu Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala has been decreed about Him 'alaihi shalawaatu wa salaam wa rahiimahullaah.

I am remembering about someone name Al Badr Al Purwanto when I remember about An NabiyyuLLaah Al Yahya bin Zakariyya 'alaihi shalawaatu wa salaam wa rahiimahuLLaah, because they are alike in almost everything, Insya Allaah.

Wassalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatuLLaahi wa barakaatuhu.