‘The truth, after me, is with ‘Umar(r.a)

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ​

Umar ibn al-Khattab
from The History of the Khalifahs by Jalal ad-Din as-Suyuti

At-Tirmidhi narrated that ‘A’ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘I am looking at the shaytans of the jinn and men who have fled from ‘Umar.’

Ibn Majah and al-Hakim narrated that Ubayy ibn Ka‘b said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘The first one whom the Truth will shake hands with is ‘Umar, the first He will greet (with the greeting of peace), and the first He will take by the hand and enter into the Garden.’

Ibn Majah and al-Hakim narrated that Abu Dharr said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘Truly Allah has placed the truth upon the tongue of ‘Umar, it speaks by him (or he speaks by it).’

Ahmad and al-Bazzar narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘Truly Allah has placed the truth on the tongue of ‘Umar and (in) his heart.’ At-Tabarani narrated this hadith from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab, Bilal, Mu‘awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan and ‘A’ishah, may Allah be pleased with them, and Ibn ‘Asakir narrated it from a hadith of Ibn ‘Umar,

Ibn Mani‘ narrated in his Musnad that ‘Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, said: We, the Companions of Muhammad, used not to doubt that the sakinah (tranquillity or Divine presence) spoke by the tongue of ‘Umar.

Al-Bazzar narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘‘Umar is the lamp of the people of the Garden.’ This hadith was narrated by Abu Hurayrah and as-Sa‘b ibn Juththamah.

Al-Bazzar narrated from Qudamah ibn Madh‘un that his paternal uncle ‘Uthman ibn Madh‘un said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘This one is the lock upon the fitnah (sedition and trials),’ and he indicated ‘Umar with his hand. ‘There will remain a door strongly locked between you and the fitnah as long as this one lives among you.’

At-Tabarani narrated in al-Awsat that Ibn ‘Abbas, may Allah be pleased with both him and his father, said: Jibril came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, ‘Greet ‘Umar with the greeting of peace and inform him that his anger is might and his good pleasure is judgement.’

Ibn ‘Asakir narrated that ‘A’ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘The shaytan is afraid of ‘Umar.’

Ahmad narrated by way of Buraydah that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘The shaytan is afraid of you, ‘Umar.’

Ibn ‘Asakir narrated that Ibn ‘Abbas, may Allah be pleased with both of them, said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘There is no angel in the heaven that does not respect ‘Umar, and no shaytan on the earth but that is afraid of ‘Umar.’

At-Tabarani narrated in al-Awsat that Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘Allah glories in the people of ‘Arafah generally and He glories in ‘Umar particularly.’ He narrated the same in al-Kabir in a hadith of Ibn ‘Abbas, may Allah be pleased with them both.

At-Tabarani and ad-Daylami narrated that al-Fadl ibn ‘Abbas said: The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘The truth, after me, is with ‘Umar wherever he is.’

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
SUBHANALLAH..

Indeed Umar (Ral) was a strong person..:)
I really like him a lot..

JAZAKALLAHU KHAIR for sharing

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
SUBHANALLAH!!

Indeed with no doubt ,Umar (R.A.) with an admirable character, ideal personality & powerful speech, is not only a great hero of islam but also for the whole world ! Mashaallah!

Jazakallahu Khairan wa Kaseeran!!

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Subuhanallah!!!!!!!!

Think How Umar Raliallahu Anhu behave before embarace Islam And How Umar Raliallahu Anhu changed after Embarace Islam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazakallah Khairah for the nice post!!!!!!!!!!

By the way these days i am busy with my projects @ d office.. Although things going like this i read this article two times..............

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

We need someone like the Great Umar, May Allah be please with him, to fix the fitnah in this world. May Allah grant us with such a leader.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

Ummar Bin Khattab radhi Allahu anhu, kind and bold, truthful and strict, strong person as well as strong personality......
may Allah help us to be like him

wassalam