1 Habit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2: :)
OK how about can we try to not, discuss argue etc about itty bitty teny weeny "difference of opinion" fiqh issues. Like where do u put your hands in salat, like do you wiggle your finger or keep it still.........you getting me. OK I know youre all going to bash me but .....when I became a muslim people bombarded with me with madhad difference of opinion stuff and it SERIOUSLY affected my iman. I even got to a point where i truely believed that all the salat i had offered for 18 months had not even had a chance of being accepted!! :(

I was talking just the other day to someone about how I only discovered to recite surah al fatiha in every rakat!!!! Why didnt someone sit me down and ask me to "pray" out loud to check what I was doing was atleast correct in term of the MAJOR BASICS????

The greatest divisions between the ummah I can see are for itty bitty things like this and it weakens us, shaytaan is dividing us and is winning,,.....why.....because we are so proud and arrogant that we cant just let things be and understand there is a difference in opinion.

Mosque A doesnt talk to mosque B...why??? because of a itty bitty teeny weeny small difference of opinion.

Nutters from mosque A threaten beautiful nice people from mosque B.....why....because of a slight difference of opinion.

Sorry, it was a rant and i intend to try my best not to get into silly arguments about tiny fiqh issues when there are greater things to be dealing with ( like educating our youth so they know its not ok to drive cars into airport teminals )

:wasalam:

Jazak-Allah sister for I was trying to point out exactly the same thing. We as Ummah have lost a lot for very minor issues. Allah SWT taught us similar things in various ways and I wsih we learn them soon.

The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah--that which We have sent by inspiration to thee--and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: namely, that ye should remain steadfast in Religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him). (13) And they became divided only after knowledge reached them― through selfish envy as between themselves. Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, (tending) to a Term appointed, the matter would have been settled between them: but truly those, who have inherited the Book after them are in suspicious (disquieting) doubt concerning it. (14) Now then, for that (reason), call (them to the Faith), and stand steadfast as thou art commanded nor follow thou their vain desires; but say: "I believe in the Book which Allah has sent down; and I am commanded to judge justly between you. Allah is Our Lord and your Lord. For us (is the responsibility for) Our deeds, and for you for your deeds. There is no contention between us and you. Allah will bring us together, and to Him is (Our) final goal. (15)

We did aforetime grant to the Children of Israel the Book, the Power of Command and Prophethood; We gave them, for Sustenance, things good and pure; and We favoured them above the nations. (16) And We granted them clear Signs in affairs (of Religion): it was only after knowledge had been granted to them that they fell into schisms, through insolent envy among themselves. Verily thy Lord will judge between them on the Day of Judgement as to those matters in which they set up differences. (17) Then We put thee on the (right) Way of Religion: so follow thou that (Way), and follow not the desires of those who know not.― (18)

Mankind was one single nation, and Allah sent Messengers with glad tidings and warnings; and with them He sent the Book in truth, to judge between people in matters wherein they differed; but the People of the Book, after the clear Signs came to them did not differ among themselves, except through selfish contumacy. Allah by His Grace guided the believers to the Truth concerning that wherein they differed. For Allah guides whom He will to a path that is straight. (213)

And if we still cant learn from it we are not better than anyone and its the truth about us as Allah SWT said,

The similitude of those who were charged with the (obligations of the) Mosaic Law, but who subsequently failed in those (obligations), is that of a donkey which carries huge tomes (but understands them not). Evil is the similitude of people who falsify the Signs of Allah: and Allah guides not people who do wrong. (5)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Regarding that muslims not wanting to pray behind another imam

This is to answer AAZ point when she said that mosque A doesnt talk to mosque B

From islam qa

The fact that his leading of the prayer is valid is indicated by the fact that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) prayed behind unjust leaders and ruler. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar and Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) prayed behind al-Hajjaaj al-Thaqafi. Al-Shaafa’i said: And he – meaning al-Hajjaaj – was bad enough (as an evildoer).

Once this is established, there is no point in saying, “I will not pray behind this imam.” Rather you should pray behind him if not doing so will lead to evil consequences, division or conflict, because conflict is worse.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: If by not praying behind him the worshipper will miss out on Jumu’ah and prayers in congregation, then no one does that except an innovator who is differing from the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). Similarly, if the imam has been appointed by those in authority and there is no shar’i purpose to be served by not praying behind him, then you should not refuse to pray behind him, rather it is better to pray behind him

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 9/388.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said – concerning one who leads people in prayer when they do not like him: Our companions said: His leading the prayer is makrooh if they dislike him because of something that is condemned in sharee’ah, such as an oppressive ruler or one who attains the position of imam by force and does not deserve it, or one who does not take precautions to avoid naajis (impure) things… If no such thing applies then it is not makrooh. … Then he said: When we say that it is makrooh, that is limited to the imam; as for the members of the congregation who do not like him, it is not makrooh for them to pray behind him.

Al-Majmoo’, 4/172-173

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2: :)
Im sorry , akhi. I should be more optimistic....
I am sorry too and eventually I was about to say that brother a muslim never gives up hope for we trust Allah who is,

فَعَّالٌ۬ لِّمَا يُرِيدُ

Status
Not open for further replies.