[10 Tips] How to be a Successful Husband

umm abdhullah

Prepared by : Muhammad AlShareef

1. Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good.When was the last time us men went shopping for designer pajamas? Just like the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to dress up for her too. Remember that Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - would always start with Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.

2. Use the cutest names for your wife. Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - had nicknames for his wives, ones that they loved. Call your wife by the most beloved names to her, and avoid using names that hurt their feelings.

3. Don't treat her like a fly. We never think about a fly in our daily lives until it 'bugs' us. Similarly, a wife will do well all day - which brings no attention from the husband - until she does something to 'bug' him. Don't treat her like this; recognize all the good that she does and focus on that.

4. If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do not comment! This is one of the ways Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - used when he would see something inappropriate from his wives - radi Allahu 'anhunn. It's a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.

5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her and embrace her often. Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling. Remember also those Ahadith when Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - would kiss his wife before leaving for Salah, even if he was fasting.

6. Thank her for all that she does for you. Then thank her again! Take for example a dinner at your house. She makes the food, cleans the home, and a dozen other tasks to prepare. And sometimes the only acknowledgement she receives is that there needed to be more salt in the soup. Don't let that be; thank her!

7. Ask her to write down the last ten things you did for her that made her happy. Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what gives your wife pleasure. You don't have to play a guessing game, ask her and work on repeating those times in your life.

8. Don't be little her desires. Comfort her. Sometimes the men may look down upon the requests of their wives. Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam set the example for us in an incident when Safiyyah - radi Allahu 'anha - was crying because, as she said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her tears, comforted her, and brought her the camel.

9. Be humorous and Play games with your wife. Look at how Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - would race his wife Aisha - radi Allahu 'anha - in the desert. When was the last time we did something like that?

10. Always remember the words of Allah's Messenger - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam: "The best of you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best amongst you to my family." Try to be the best!

In conclusion: Never forget to make Dua to Allah - azza wa jall - to make your marriage successful. And Allah ta'ala knows best !!

abdellah007

5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her and embrace her often. Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling. Remember also those Ahadith when Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - would kiss his wife before leaving for Salah, even if he was fasting.

wud u plz bring a hadith about it?

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
:salam2:
sister thanx for sharing.i wish my husband could realise all these.some time he does not care about all these things.i wish i have all these things in my husband.hubby if u r reading this??thanx again

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Question:
What are the most important factors for a woman in choosing a husband? If she rejects a righteous man for some worldly reasons, will she be punished by Allaah?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The most important factors for a woman in choosing a husband are his attitude/behaviour and his commitment to religion. Wealth and lineage are secondary matters. The most important thing is that the potential husband should be religious and have a good attitude, because if a man has religious commitment and a good attitude, a woman has nothing to lose: if he keeps her (remains married to her), he will keep her on a reasonable basis, and if he divorces her, he will set her free on a reasonable basis. Moreover, a man who is religious and has a good attitude will be a blessing to her and her children, for they will learn good manners and religion from him. But if the prospective husband is not like that (is not religious), she should keep away from him, especially those who take the matter of prayer lightly or who are known to drink alcohol. We seek refuge with Allaah.

As for those who do not pray at all, they are kuffaar and it is not permissible for them to marry believing women. It is important for the woman to focus on the matter of attitude and religious commitment. With regard to the matter of lineage, this is a bonus. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If there comes to you (to propose marriage to your daughter etc.) a man with whose religious commitment and attitude you are pleased, then marry (your daughter) to him.”

But if you can manage to ensure compatibility (in terms of lineage and socio-economic status, etc.) as well, then this is better.

From the Fataawa of Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, from the book Fataawa al-Mar’ah

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
Question:
What are the most important factors for a woman in choosing a husband? If she rejects a righteous man for some worldly reasons, will she be punished by Allaah?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The most important factors for a woman in choosing a husband are his attitude/behaviour and his commitment to religion. Wealth and lineage are secondary matters. The most important thing is that the potential husband should be religious and have a good attitude, because if a man has religious commitment and a good attitude, a woman has nothing to lose: if he keeps her (remains married to her), he will keep her on a reasonable basis, and if he divorces her, he will set her free on a reasonable basis. Moreover, a man who is religious and has a good attitude will be a blessing to her and her children, for they will learn good manners and religion from him. But if the prospective husband is not like that (is not religious), she should keep away from him, especially those who take the matter of prayer lightly or who are known to drink alcohol. We seek refuge with Allaah.

As for those who do not pray at all, they are kuffaar and it is not permissible for them to marry believing women. It is important for the woman to focus on the matter of attitude and religious commitment. With regard to the matter of lineage, this is a bonus. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If there comes to you (to propose marriage to your daughter etc.) a man with whose religious commitment and attitude you are pleased, then marry (your daughter) to him.”

But if you can manage to ensure compatibility (in terms of lineage and socio-economic status, etc.) as well, then this is better.

From the Fataawa of Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, from the book Fataawa al-Mar’ah
salam
but society v live in like pakistan n sum other countries.v marry to the person whom our parents select for us.my husband is not much relegious but he has knowledg of islam about every espect of life n sum times he tells me wats forbidden in islam n wats allowed.my parents arreng my marreg with him. i m quit happy with him.but i wanna ask 1thing must.is this allowed in islam to call a muslim kaffir who dont offer his prayers.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

This woman is ready and waiting for Allah to send her a pious man..with a little sense of humor...and this time around .. a little spending money...

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
The difference between a believer and a non-believer is the prayer.

Narrated Buraidah(RA) Allah's Messenger:)saw2:) said that which distinguishes us from the disbelievers and hypocrites is our commitment to As-Salaat(the prayers). He who abandons it, becomes a disbeliever. (At-Tirmidhi):ma:

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sisters, am I not included? I too need a husband. Don't forget me in your duas. I am not quite dead yet. InsAllah, I will receive a wedding invitation from all of you. As our Holy Prophet (swas) told us..it is good to attend wedding feasts...so baby sisters keep them coming my way (the invitations) ...I love the sweets at a wedding.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brother,

Jazak Allah for sharing this nice tips bro insha allah they will be very helpfull and insha allah will try to follow them in my life and SISTER marajmom insha allah I will let u know about my wedding but for sweets u have to come to INDIA bit expensive sweets :) pls be rember me in duwas.

Allah Hafiz.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam walaikum dearest brother.

InshaAllah, I will come to India. I believe Indian sweets are freshly delivered from heaven.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam My dearest Sister in Islam,

Then surely I will let u know Sister Insha Allah I will be GLAD HONORED.
Its ur sweetness and love that make them something so spl or else they r nothing ty for makthing them so spl.

Jazak Allah.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Salaam,

Sisters, am I not included? I too need a husband. Don't forget me in your duas. I am not quite dead yet. InsAllah, I will receive a wedding invitation from all of you. As our Holy Prophet (swas) told us..it is good to attend wedding feasts...so baby sisters keep them coming my way (the invitations) ...I love the sweets at a wedding.

Of course you and sister Amirah and every single sister are included in our Duas. You are sooooo dear to my heart and I consider you my real sisters. How can I forget you?!!!!:hearts: