2 years today...

strive-may-i

I quit drinking for about 4 months last year, but all of my old drinking buddies had a reverse intervention for me to start drinking again. They said that I was too much of a jerk when I was sober and they wanted the old me back. :angryred:
:salam2:
Intervention... nope that's interruption!
I have never offered even smell of fish to vegans. What buddies?!

And we want you here... Give your hand.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
We praise Allaah for having enabled you to repent sincerely, and we ask Him to make you steadfast in following His religion.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Intervention... nope that's interruption!
I have never offered even smell of fish to vegans. What buddies?!

And we want you here... Give your hand.

Well there are circumstances in my life right now that prevent me from hanging out with those people, actually. So that's a blessing in itself right there...

bari

Pp:salam2:

Alcohol is ummul khabaith, that is essence of all evil. Quit it. Let us preserve ourselves, Allah will definitely offer better drink later insha Allah.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Pp:salam2:

Alcohol is ummul khabaith, that is essence of all evil. Quit it. Let us preserve ourselves, Allah will definitely offer better drink later insha Allah.

:wasalam:

Alcohol and women are the biggest struggles in my life. When you're raised in a culture that expects and encourages behavior of drinking and chasing women, it's really hard to give that up all at once.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
:wasalam:

Alcohol and women are the biggest struggles in my life. When you're raised in a culture that expects and encourages behavior of drinking and chasing women, it's really hard to give that up all at once.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. Brother it's not hard, all you need is patience and a sense of mindset that you don't want or need it. My Dad let's me drink alcohol, just a couple months ago I drank a half bottle of gin in like 15 minutes.. Then I realized that this is just poison for you, and won't help in any way. As for the women and fornication, like I said have patience because that is key to stop doing it. Once you abstain for that for a while you won't have the urges for it as much anymore, so don't make hasty judgments and don't destroy your Eman.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. Brother it's not hard, all you need is patience and a sense of mindset that you don't want or need it. My Dad let's me drink alcohol, just a couple months ago I drank a half bottle of gin in like 15 minutes.. Then I realized that this is just poison for you, and won't help in any way. As for the women and fornication, like I said have patience because that is key to stop doing it. Once you abstain for that for a while you won't have the urges for it as much anymore, so don't make hasty judgments and don't destroy your Eman.

Fornication is not the problem. I've always been a bit phobic of women, so I don't really pursue relations with them.

It's lowering my gaze that I struggle with. A hot girl walks by, and I check her out almost on reflex. Then too there is *!*!*!*!ography so readily available now.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Fornication is not the problem. I've always been a bit phobic of women, so I don't really pursue relations with them.

It's lowering my gaze that I struggle with. A hot girl walks by, and I check her out almost on reflex. Then too there is *!*!*!*!ography so readily available now.

Assalamu alaikum, would you wan't people staring at your Mom or Sister? I don't think so, so lower your gaze and give respect.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalamu alaikum, would you wan't people staring at your Mom or Sister? I don't think so, so lower your gaze and give respect.

I never said that I don't lower my gaze, I just said that I struggle with it. I know that it is the right thing to do, but sometimes the right thing is not easy.

's all I'm saying, man.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Cut him some slack. The brother is trying and was sharing his struggle with his Muslim brothers and sisters to gain support in the fact that his struggle means something and that his efforts are appreciated.

Criticism only pushes people away and there are kinder ways of making a point.

Not that one needs to in this case. The brother himself admitted himself that he's working on lowering his gaze. Therefore you don't really need to tell him something he already knows and is already working on.

Brother JustAGuy, I pray that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala makes your struggle easy for you and rewards you for striving in His Name.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Cut him some slack. The brother is trying and was sharing his struggle with his Muslim brothers and sisters to gain support in the fact that his struggle means something and that his efforts are appreciated.

Criticism only pushes people away and there are kinder ways of making a point.

Not that one needs to in this case. The brother himself admitted himself that he's working on lowering his gaze. Therefore you don't really need to tell him something he already knows and is already working on.

Brother JustAGuy, I pray that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala makes your struggle easy for you and rewards you for striving in His Name.

Assalamu alaikum, I wasn't even trying to be mean.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Wa alaikum assalam,

Okay well then just be careful with how you word your sentiments and how they may seem to others. Sometimes our intention may be sincere but it doesn't necessarily show in our words because we didn't think about how they might come across to others. Especially on online forums where no one can hear the tone of each other's voices or see each others' facial expressions.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala reward you for your true intentions.

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Wa alaikum assalam,

Okay well then just be careful with how you word your sentiments and how they may seem to others. Sometimes our intention may be sincere but it doesn't necessarily show in our words because we didn't think about how they might come across to others. Especially on online forums where no one can hear the tone of each other's voices or see each others' facial expressions.

Yeah, you should learn a lesson out of this too, don't judge before knowing. And thank you Sister.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Yeah, you should learn a lesson out of this too, don't judge before knowing.

Um...no.

On an Internet forum, the only thing people have to go on are other people's WORDS. It's the responsibility of the poster to make sure he or she is conveying what he or she truly intends.

People don't have time to attach different emotions and possibilities to words that seem straightforward and clear. Those that are posting need to make sure they're clear and concise, not get frustrated at others for not seeing the hidden meaning in their words.

strive-may-i

From elsewhere
"When not looked at, if a passing girl looks at you; realize, its a tempting folly not beauty.Because, Its not yours; resolve and linger not, its a learnt distraction(turmoil)."
I think the same applies to a guy too.

Prophet:saw: showed us Lower the gaze. It has virtue.

hana*

@ just a guy:

appologies for my ignorance, since i havent been active on tti. im not sure if you are muslim or not; if you are, how are you with your salah? salah solves these problems since Allah states that it (the prayer) keeps us away from al-kabaair (major sins), e.g alcohol

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
@ just a guy:

appologies for my ignorance, since i havent been active on tti. im not sure if you are muslim or not; if you are, how are you with your salah? salah solves these problems since Allah states that it (the prayer) keeps us away from al-kabaair (major sins), e.g alcohol

I pray as often as I can. I'm not up to 5 times a yet, but that's because I am concentrating on trying to do each prayer correctly. When I get one down, I move onto the next one.