3 and not 5 prayers in Turkey

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Wow, dearest Bluegazer, you did so much more than I had anticipated. We are all a little more knowledgeable. Thank you. I am thinking of another post to make everyone think and act.

Rawa

Taht is creazy!!!

It reminds me a real story in Iraqi Kurdistan. Once aperson did not pray at all. Everybody told him to pray he just refused saying that he never woke up for Alfajr prayer, so he thought it was better not pray others, since he cannot pray alfajr.
Oneday a great Mulla told him why he did not pray he said the same thing:" I do not weak up on time for alfajr, so it is better not to pray ." The Mula said:" No problem, pray the other four prayers." He said ok. And started praying other 4 prayers.

People said :"Oh, the Mulah has chaged the rule of Islam; he says no problem alfajr just pray the other 4 time!!!!!!!"

The Mulah replied, no, I do not change the fixed rules of Islam. But I could make/persuade this guy pray 4 times a day. You all just try to persuade him pray the other 1 time!?

cihan

Left The Website
As salamu aleykum wr wb my dear brothers and sisters

There is nothing like in Turkey 3 salah a day except some very very weak voices and we know what kind of proffesors , thelogians they are ...Also they say there is nothing wrong about secularism or laicism in Islam....we know about these guys...
So salah (namaz in turkish(prayer)) in Turkey is 5 times a day..5 times Adhan ...Maashallah...Alhamdulillah

Allah Hafiz

abdullah1111

assalamu alaykum,

I live in turkey and i can confirm that the adthan is live, and 5 times a day, compared to other countries where the athan is either prerecorded or not present in fajr and isha. Of course the turkish muslim is in the same battle as any other muslim around the world with regards to the salat. however everyone i know prays 5 times a day.

Turk Gumption

There is nothing like in Turkey 3 salah a day except some very very weak voices and we know what kind of proffesors , thelogians they are ...Also they say there is nothing wrong about secularism or laicism in Islam....we know about these guys...

Indeed these guys voice so weak in Turkey but international broadcasting use their books or lectures for instigation , for fitnah. I think we don't need to spend more time about this issues. We can use that kinds of news for fun:SMILY303:

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Stagfour allah el 3adim.

these are people that are not muslims. we are human beings not :astag: Allah. we dont make the rules. it has always been 5 times praying a day, not three. and its not obligatary but you could also pray more, like our prophet Mohamed salalaho 3alaihi wasalam did. after the isha, you could pray el safh and el wetr.

- May Allah bless us all, and forgive us, as well as these people that are making these ridicular rules. May Allah also bring non-muslims with good heart to our beautiful religion. amin, insh'allah jarab.

TURKGUY

hi

i live in Turkey but we do it 5 times.actually some does it 7 times.they make dua pray between 1st and 2nd pray and ebabin between 4th and 5 th evenmore u can pray at nights no body care it.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Some of the proponents of "3 prayer a day" in a sense twist and turn the word of the sunnah to allow for "modern necessities", they also point out that the Quran mentioned 3 times, however it is 5 times in the Sunnah. I'm not sure how credible that is, but nonetheless praying more doesn't hurt! And if it is prescribed by the prophet then we should follow it.

That being said, I'm very proud of Turkish history, especially for all the contributions Ottoman Turks made to Islamic civilizations of the past.

However, the Modern Turkey (not all Turkish) are they just being blinded by the idea of 'democracy, EU, and secularism?
Muslim sisters are allowed to wear Hijab in United States, and USA is far more democratic than Turkey is or will be in the near future. If you preach secularism then you musn't impose secular laws that take away religious freedom! That is total hypocracy and contradictory !!
Since Turkey's secularist are so desperate to join EU (I don't blame them, they will receive better economic incentives and so on), however Alot of these EU nations do not ban the Hijab, and they are not Islamic nations.
How can Turkey being an Islamic country could do such a thing?
What is the argument Turkey's secularist give to ban the Hijab?
It makes me sick to my stomach to see Muslims country being reduced to this state by the so call "intellgensia of the society".
Turkey can join the EU and still allow its citizens to practice religious freedom, considering that majority of them are Muslims.
Isn't that what EU preach all the time, 'equality, freedom, etc...'.

Why the double standard? This does not make sense to me at all.

May Allah bless all the practicing Muslims in Turkey and may Allah bring back those who abandoned Islam in Turkey.

Sorry if my tone is a little poisonous, but the way I see it, Turkey's stance on Hijab is completely contradictory to any notions of "equality, freedom, justice, etc". :astag:

IT SHOUlD BE A CHOICE!!

Wylaikum,

Shoaib