72 Virgins in paradise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
:salam2:

I am asked by a non-muslim that what is story behind 72 Virgins if some body died/matryed in path of Allah.

I know its a kind of mis-conception.Can any body help me to explain this to non muslim who is going to work in Iraq in as occuping force.

jizakuAllah for urs help

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Tell him become muslim ;) he'll find out .. hah

OK brother Mu2min found out for you. It is a Da'eef Hadith, it is in Sunan Tirmizi, It has been checked by Imam Muhammad Nasir Ud Deen Al Albani (Rahimahullah) and he declared it Da'eef (weak). Not all the hadith In Sunan Tirmidhi are authentic. This hadith was not chosen by Imam Bukhari or Imam Muslim to be included in their Sahih.

I think it is to make people not think of this >>

_41876454_afp416child.jpg

Airstrike in Gaza. About 30 people, including children and women, were wounded,
and children were also among the dead, Palestinian medical sources said.

Obviously, for the enemies of Islam want to state that those people who fight to help their Muslim brothers and sisters, do it for Greed or selfish reasons, makes it a lot palatable for them. Rather than admitting they are going around killing Muslims, that their policies are driving people to extremes and desperation.

Allah says in the Quran that the believer will get Hooris in Jannah, apart from that I dont know.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asalamu alaykum

OK brother Mu2min found out for you. He got the Hadith books alhamdulillah. Had to translate this into English though,

It is a Da'eef Hadith, it is in Sunan Tirmizi, It has been checked by Imam Muhammad Nasir Ud Deen Al Albani (Rahimahullah) and he declared it Da'eef (weak). Not all the hadith In Sunan Tirmidhi are authentic. This hadith was not chosen by Imam Bukhari or Imam Muslim to be included in their Sahih.

It can be found on Page 298 of Da'eef Sunan Tirmidhi By Shaykh Muhammad Nassir Ud Deen Al Albani. Published Maktaba Islami, 1991.

Shaykh Albani also mentions tht it is Da'eef also mentioned in al-Mishkaat 5468 , and also daeef jami' safgheer 266.

In Islam we base our belief on Quran and Authentic Hadith.

Wasalam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

Assalamu Alaykum
This reminds me that some kid in my school on Thursday (I think) ignorantly said that the Palestinians whine too much and that without them, Israel would be perfect. It seems the Israeli government thinks so, also...

Also, what is Hooris? And I'm glad that that 72 virgin stuff is wrong, because Islam has been under fire because of that (such as people saying "why don't women get the same?", etc.).

subhanallah

(such as people saying "why don't women get the same?", etc.).

:salam2:
I found out the reason for that a few weeks ago! I heard that it's because in paradise, everyone gets what they wish for. And among maany other things, men get hooris and women get e.g. clothes and jewelry since these are natural desires.. or something..

However! I also heard that the women will be sooo much more beautiful than the hooris; they'll be like the qeens in paradise while the hooris will simply be maids. lol.. I don't know why I'm writing this..

Aqsa Sister

I have read many articles concerning this topic, and I have not come across any articles saying that it is Hadeeth Da'eef. I am a girl myself, and do not think it is unfair that the women of janna do not have the same reward men have if they die as shuhada'a. That is because Allah promised everyone that in Jannah, there will be no injustice served between the genders. And if Allah (SWT) promised eternal happiness, then why is there a reason to complain??? Jannah is not just about being with your husband and wife...it is about being rewarded for your actions in this life. If a non-muslim thinks it is unfair, then you should tell them that all Allah does is never unfair. And if any muslim says that one gender is superior to another, then he is commiting a sin for going against the words of Allah (SWT). I will continue to find proffecional comments on this topic (for there was a time when I asked the same exact question), but one should not say "Al-Hamdulillah" that the hadeeth is da'eef. Even if it was, we need to understand that Allah is giving all the believers a grand reward that is eternal. There are no words of evil there, and no disappointments. Jazaakum-Allahu-Khairan.

When I first read about Hoor Ul-Eeen, I myself became a little jealous as to why women can't have the same. But nevertheless, I wanted to be a little open minded about how that could be. I read more comments about "Hoor Ul-Eeen," some mentioned in the Quran, and others in commentary. It is said in hadeeth that all men with recieve a minimum of 2 wives. The shuhada'a will recieve 72. It is not just a mere myth. And the women of paradise will be much more beautiful than the women here on Earth. The women of this life will be the masters of the Hoor Ul-Eeen (according to the Imams in my masjid).

"Round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness)
With goblets, (shining) beakers, and cups (filled) out of clear-flowing
No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication
And with fruits, any that they may select
And the flesh of fowls, any that they may desire
And (there will be) Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes
Like unto Pearls well-guarded
A Reward for the deeds of their past (life)
Not frivolity will they hear therein, nor any taint of ill
Only the saying, 'Peace! Peace'."

Al-Quran Al Kareem (Surat Al-Waqi'a Ayah 17-26)

In Arabic, the words "companians with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes" are translated into "hoor ul-eeen." Therefore, why would it not make sense that the shuhada'a (who died in the sake of Allah SWT) get 72? Allahu A'lam if the hadeeth is saheeh, but it is still good to consider that if it was true, there is no unfairness in Allah's divine judgement. May Allah reward all deserving men such a wonderful reward.

By the way "New Muslim...Slave of Allah," a little muslim naseeha (advise): You shouldn't be afraid about what the media says about Islam. If you are muslim and believe that what Allah says is true, then you wouldn't worry about what the kufaar think. Allah (SWT) is the all-knowledgeable, and only He can serve justice on the day of resurrection. It already states in the Quran that Hoor Ul-Eeen are real, so we shouldn't feel upset if the shuhada'a recieve 72. Inshallah Allah fills your heart with mercy and guidance (and pray the same for me too!). Salam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalmau Alaykum,,

What was written before is not an article, nor is it from the top of my head.
Rather it is from the Hadith Checking of Muhaditheen, the Scholars who have knowledge of Hadith. The exact information was given as to the location in the books of Hadith that you can use to locate this information.

Saying that it is not found in any articles you read, does not change the reality of this answer one iota. It only means the people who write the articles have no idea what they are writing about, simple as that. Just as anyone who uses Weak or Fabricated hadith is continuing to do so with lack of knowledge of the Science of Hadith.

Hur Ul Ein exist, of course, it is in the Quran. But, the statement "72 Virgins" has to have evidence. There is no evidence for that except Da'eef Hadith. Weak Hadith.

wasalam

Topic locked to stop any more people writing answers from top of their heads

Status
Not open for further replies.