99 Names Of Allah With Definition & Benefits

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

jazakllah for the post, but this method of using allahs name for the purpose of dua is a bid'a and it is not legislated in the deen, unheard of in the quran or sunnah...there is no evidence of using allah names in this manner...here please read this from islamqa.com

Reciting verses of the Qur'aan a specific number of times and with a specific intention

Question:
Assalam o Alaikum
I want to ask that , Is it right if somebody recite some Quranic aya for a specific purpose like for example If I read the one of the name of Allah for 99 times and after I make a Dua that May Allah fulfill my that wish. And its just begging from Allah with no shirk.
Please answer me
Jazakallah

Answer:

Allaah has said (interpretation of the meaning):

“Unto Allaah belong the beautiful names. Pray to (and ask of) Him using them.”

As part of the prayer to Allaah using His names, we call on him by saying, “O Merciful, have mercy on me; O Forgiver, forgive my sins; O Provider, provide for me,” etc.

However, to read a specific verse a certain number of times (whether 99 times or whatever else) without any valid documented evidence is a bida’ah (an unacceptable act of innovation in religious practices) that is not permissible. Such acts invent a way to worship Allaah which was not revealed or taught by Islam. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

“Whoever innovates in our religion a new act (of worship) then his act is rejected" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Fath al-Baari No. 2697.)

The best guidance is that of the Prophet . There is no allowance for innovation in the religion of Allaah. Is it possible for us to discover new things in our religion that the Prophet didn’t know? Indeed, it is incumbent upon us to read the Koran in the way the Prophet read it, we need to pray in the way he prayed, and glorify Allaah’s name in the way the Prophet has been validly reported to have done.

Only Allaah is the one who provides success, and He is the one who guides to the right path.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

wasalam

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Asalam Aleikum Sisters
Thank you so much for that
sister caramel queen you are so right
it is haraam to innovate and bida'a
i think the post will help those who did not know the
meanings of Allah's Beautiful names because as you said and i quote
“Unto Allaah belong the beautiful names. Pray to (and ask of) Him using them.”
I hope we do as it says and Allah is Merciful Allah Kareem
Maasalamah

sajjuaiah

***REMOVED***

As-salaam Alaikum,

Dear sister,

I am sorry i haven't heard of their meanings before.
Please take care of biddah (innovations) they will misguide us.

If you read such and such you will get good wealth, etc.?
From where you have taken?
What is the sorce?

May Allah protect you and us from every innovation.

Jazakmullah u-Khairan

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
if this is wrong, then admin plz delete this thread........

Assalamualaikum bro
it is wrong but dont worry, we are here to learn . So be glad that you learn something today, Alhamdulilah.

But the definitions are correct, inshAllah

i am so ugly....plz can you tel me which dua or wat i can recite to make myself beautiful...

assalam aleikum,

just stay away from tv, and videos. Then you will be fine. These broadcast deceive the person into thinking they need to appear in a certain way, in order to be beautiful.

study deeply, ayat al-kursi albagara ayat 255, memorize it well and repeat it frequently. And ponder on the meaning.

[caution] I am no sheik, but a sheik did teach me about this ayah, and he said in it is a name that Allah may grant you what you want. So that is why I said study it and know it well.

:wasalam:

Living Soul

assalam aleikum,

just stay away from tv, and videos. Then you will be fine. These broadcast deceive the person into thinking they need to appear in a certain way, in order to be beautiful.

study deeply, ayat al-kursi albagara ayat 255, memorize it well and repeat it frequently. And ponder on the meaning.

[caution] I am no sheik, but a sheik did teach me about this ayah, and he said in it is a name that Allah may grant you what you want. So that is why I said study it and know it well.

:salam2:

ayat al-kursi albagara ayat 255, (Do you mean Albakara 255)

ayat al-kursi albagara ayat 255, (Do you mean Albakara 255)

you need to be real careful there. we are talking about the Quran. I spelled it correctly in english as when you sound it out it will be the Arabic name.

now,

Albagara (البفره) has the English meaning "The Cow"

Albakara ( البكاره ) has the meaning of "The Virgin"

There is no surah named the later.

just thought I would fill you in. Albagara follows immediately after the fatiha and is number 2 surah.