A couple serious questions about lowering your gaze.

Ive searched and never found the answers to my questions so i am here to ask you wise folks on what you believe, dont make the answers up, just tell me what you know as a fact, thanks in advance. Here are my questions: Is it a sin to look at someone and look back at them by accident? Can you gaze at women/men on tv? Can you gaze at your own gender? Can you gaze at the opposite sex or your own gender when you conversate with them? These are all the questions i have, and thanks for everyone that responds, may Allah bless you all.

1. Is it a sin to look at someone and look back at them by accident?
look at them once, then turn your gaze and it is forgiven inshallah. now that you know there is a lady dressed in a bikini to your right, dont look there at all, i dont understand how you can accidentally look there, but if some one form there shouts your name and your gaze falls on her, then turn and inshallah you are forgiven as long as you did not do it intentionally.

2. Can you gaze at women/men on tv?
no, you cannot , it is just as bad as looking at a real person, i mean some t.v 's now have better quality then some peoples eye site.

3.Can you gaze at your own gender?
by gaze if you mean look at them and its stimulates you, then now, as the reason you cannot gaze at opposite sex as this will lead to fornication,adultery-harram. now for you to be able to gaze at same sex you have to be gay, and this is harram, so gazing at men could lead to illegal sexual acts. note: i say it is not allowed to gaze at same sex, so if they stimulate you, which they really shouldn't you should look away. and i pray allah cures you from this disease.

4.Can you gaze at the opposite sex or your own gender when you conversate with them?
again, by gaze if you mean look at them while they stimulate you, then you should not look at anyone non maharim that stimulates you. but obviously you can look at same sex while chatting, but you cannot chat with opposite sex. in cases of emergency you are allowed ot talk to opposite sex, but there is no harm in keeping your gaze down.