A Jewish Girl Wants to Learn About Islam

Z

Zhour_Khan

I don't understand, why would they react?

But Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned in Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah that if we know for sure that a disbeliever has said “Al-salaamu ‘alaykum,” then we may say, “Wa ‘alaykum al-salaam.” [/I]

Why you dont accept what Ibn al-qayyim said? You are generalizing single incident happened long time ago and igonring simple commonsense, like what this learned man said.

Submitter

:salam2: to my brothers and sisters

Allah says in the Qur'an (interpretation of the meaning):

When a greeting is offered you, answer it with an even better greeting, or (at least) with its like. Allah keeps count of all things. (Qur'an, 4:86)

So whenever somebody greets you with "asalamu alaikum" you should greet it with at least "walaikum asalam" or even better "walaikum asalam warahmatullah" or better still "walaikum asalam warahmatullah wabarakatahu", whether it be a Muslim or non-Muslim.

But as sister Samiha has said, if a non-Muslim greets you with "asaam alaikum" (may death be upon you), or indeed any other such greeting, then the reply should be "wa alaikum".

:wasalam:

rguyah

Response to your question ...

Thank you all of you for welcoming me. I guess I will have lots of reading to do. My first question to any learned man or woman would be, what is the role of each of muslim to enter the kingdom of heaven?

Hello Zhour Khan,
To enter the kingdom of heaven there are many things to be done. Other's have point out the 5 pillars of Islam. A Muslim must strive to be complete in following those 5 pillars. The most general answer is 'to follow the Quran and Sunnah'. Once you start to follow the Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammed then it is easy. It is a guided path made perfect by the Creator of the worlds. The Prophet lived this path and if we follow him then by the will of Allah we shall enter the gates of paradise.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Shalom sister! I welcomed you by the word shalom (hebrew = peace) and called you as sister. You are my sister, not by religion but because you are human being.

your sister :shymuslima1:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
But as sister Samiha has said, if a non-Muslim greets you with "asaam alaikum" (may death be upon you), or indeed any other such greeting, then the reply should be "wa alaikum".

:wasalam:

Assalamu Alaykum dear brother,

this is incorrect.

If a non Muslim says the Salam in its completeness and you have no doubt that they said it properly, then we should reply with the proper Salam back.

We only say "Wa Alaykum" when we do not know what the other person said or we have doubts if they said it properly.

This is what we understand from the Verse in the Quran that you had supplied and also from the Hadith of the Jewish man not giving correct greeting to our blessed Prophet :saw:

wasalam

m_alnaanah

You are welcome

It's good that people want to know more about islam.

And me also I want to know about other religions

It will be very good if can use yahoo messenger or Skype for voice chatting

anyway if you like to share ideas and thoughts with me, my username for all addresses is *******

with my best wishes

Z

Zhour_Khan

I HAVE SURPRISE FOR YOU !!!

I will have a surprise for you tomorrow. Just hang on please.

:salah:

syedjamal

surprises yay

as salam o alaikum wa rahmatullah to everyone
wow .. i like surprises .. sister khan where in india u from ??

Z

Zhour_Khan

Mr. Syedjamal,

I am from Surrey, Engnald. My Grandfather immigrated from India, dont know anything about where he was born.

Z

Zhour_Khan

Today, I took my Shahada!

Brothers and Sisters in Islam, today I took my Shahada;

I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MOHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH

Thank you all for your help!

azlina_sam

Alhamdullilah Sis..

Assalamualaikum Sister,

Alhamdullilah, Allah has certainly guide you to the right path, the true, ultimate religion, Islam.. Insya-Allah, may Allah guides you to the way of jannah (paradise)..

:muslim_child:

Wassalam
Azlina Sam
Singapore

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam alaykum...
....Allah Alkar.....

Wellcome to intering ummah..

I bear wtiness that there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad :saw: is His Messenger.

Alhamduillah 4 blessing of islam..
we would like to congratulate ourselves for having been guided by Allaah to embrace Islam, the true and final religion. I ask Allaah to help us and you remain steadfast in adhering to it until we die.

Allah Alkbar.....
...ur Brother in isalam....

Z

Zhour_Khan

Thank you dear brothers and sisters, I feel very relieved now.