A new member who needs advice and understanding !!!!

loveislam1

Emerald
Yusuf Estes said it best:
"give me something better than islam and I will follow it"

Would not beleiving in Muhammed, Jesus peace be upon them or Mariam's miracle be an option like the Jews or Hidus or Buddist do would that be a problem for your world view and minimal understanding of wordl events Could that be something that historically you could find evidences and reasons to believe it plausible?

Can you refuse the history of Muhammed like the Christians do as mere fatasy? Can you reject the Quran astagfiruallah atheem may ALLAH forbid.... as mere writings or lies of a man who in all accounts even with non muslims was never said to have lied or been of bad character....and is considered AL Amin, the Trustworthy? Can you get over all of the MAJOR contradictions in the Bible of today...? I refer you to Ahmed Deedat http://www.ahmed-deedat.co.za/

Can you believe as the athiest and say there is "NO GOD" astagfiruallah....they boast of being free thinkers, and pioneers, yet they still hold a belief system based on mere assumption..... they belivere there is no GOD yet do not have absolute proof that HE does not exist. Usually they will beleive in evolution.... can you believe in evolution? "macro evolution" has more holes in its theory then swiss cheese, I refer you to Harun Yahya http://www.harunyahya.com/

Have you ever tried asking GOD for direction and guidance? surely one who asks with sincerety and with true seeking of truth wouldnt be ignored.... :tti_sister: that is what I did I just said GOD I am lost here, please help me, things seemed to fall in my hands, I would open up pages in book and would be thinking not even ask the question aloud and would turn to that page, etc. I literally felt that whatever page I opened in Quran would just answer the very thing I was thinking about..... the ball just kept rolling from there, and your faith increases the more you put your trust in ALLAH and the more you keep trying to please him and do things to increase you knowledge he increases you in guidance .

May ALLAH subhana wa ta'ala give us all righ guidance may HE increase us in wisdom and understanding and iman, ameen. I hope I made sense and I hope that helped ANything I have said that is good is From HIM subhana wa ta'la anything that I have said bad is from my own nafs

Well the question "Do you believe that there is no god but Allah, and that Mohammad is His slave and messenger?" is an obvious one when you are a Muslim but for someone who thinks about Islam and explores this faith it is much harder because if you knew the answer you wouldn't be wondering if you are a Muslim or not.
I think that for someone who thinks about converting (like me) it is the ultimate question but not the first in the process of exploring and understand Islam.
So maybe you could ask me questions that would eventually lead me to the ultimate question.

Thanks
Emerald

A very well respected comment you made. If you want to be lead to that ultimate question and answer, I suggest first reading the Quran with an open heart just like any other text. Then read about the life of the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him). So I guess if you don't want to be wondering around, take the time to read the Quran and see it is right for you. How could you know where you are going without knowing where you came from? The Creator does not leave his creation unanswered. We can not convert you, we can only give you information. It is only Allah (God) that can guide you. "Whoever follows the Quran will be guided by Allah, and no one can misguide, and whoever does not follow the Quran, will not be guided by Allah, will be misguided, and no one can guide." You have the free will, so you make your choices wisely in this life and strive hard to find the right path Emerald. And I hope you do inshallah (God willing).

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." (This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat al-Kursi)

NE2007

Hope you found your peace...

Dearest Sister, Emerald,

Assalamu alaikum. I pray & hope that you have found what you needed to help you, whether from reading the Holy Quran, talking to someone who knows about Islam, going to a mosque or from this website.
I hope that you have found the sweetness of life, the sugar of it in Islam. Once you know more about Islam, and feel it within you, you will live in complete happiness, a sensation which is so unique and amazing, you feel you're really somewhat in Heaven. It's an amazing feeling, waking up everyday, smiling, at peace, feeling the love of Allah Almighty. Feeling 'purity' rush through your veins and arteries with your blood. Feeling the peace and serenity and love, it is an overwhelming and beautiful feeling- 'the sweetness of Iyman'. Once you have reached that stage of belief, you will see beauty in everything, you will see Allah. You'll feel the love and peace that the Prophet (PBUH) and the sahaba felt. Allah will become your sight, your hearing........ The feeling which every true strong Muslim feels if he/she is true and has taqwa. That feeling, is worth more than all the gold and silver in the world. There is a hadeeth that says, that if the disbelievers found out the happiness you were living in, in the sweetness of iyman, they'd fight you with their swords to take it from you.
This feeling and status is surely something we should all strive for, May Allah bless us all with it.......ameen.

Maybe you are still a bit confused maybe, don't understand it all. I think you should read the Holy Quran, try to reach the depths of it. understand the whole meaning, not just the words. Talk to someone religous, or who knows a good deal about Islam. A Imam or sheikh. A friend. I know a good deal, if you need anything or ever want to talk, let me know. Give it time and insha'Allah, God will show you the way and clarify everything to you...

Your sister,

NE

BlueFish

Welcome,

It is great to hear about the direction you have chose. My only advice that i think would be best to give is... research for yourself, study, find truth, there will be good people to help you along. Be aware there are others who would like to turn you to a false path. Look toward Allah, you will find guidence in him. I just posted some random verse from quran if you like to read them.

PEACE!:SMILY206:

emerald G

Thanks again

Hi everyone,

Again I have to say that, even after a few weeks, I am still amazed of how you all are so kind to me. You offer me help with open arms and it's really nice to know that there is someone to turn to.
Though I have to admit that I not yet very comfortable speaking about who I feel exactly, because I myself don't know where I am at with my faith. But I feel that soon I will feel more confidant and take a position about my faith.

So thanks to you all, oh and by the way does any of you live near Montréal, Québec, Canada?

Emerald

emerald G

Mecca??

I have a question about Mecca,
what is it exactly and why pray in it's direction?

It might sound like a simple and obvious question but it is still something I am not sure about.

Thanks.
Emerald

abou haytam

salam

i live in montreal ( ville saint laurent), i am borne in islam and i live here for 4 years.

your question are more than welcome.

My french is pefect and it s better than my english. if you have question i hope to find good answer to you.

i don t have some proof about your question. i think that it s better in this step to work about your faith. make sure about what you want, don t embrasse islam if you are not sure. and i think a question about mecca and why this direction will not help you in anyways to clarify your faith and your decision. think about your creature think about what is miracl of mohamed (saw) make sure that he is a prophet first and and make sure that there is one god first and this islam....there is no god but allah and mohamed is his prophet ..if you don t find this in your heart and your soul...if we answer you about direction about mecca you will aske why exaclty five time a day???? why not 3 or 9 ....the first years of islam ..people don t pray...islam come step by step...and the first setp was Tawheed which mean that there is one God. so i advise to worke more about this first step.

salam

IbnAlAawam

Qibla Makkah the first Temple / Mosque

:bismillah:

Salam Emerald,

"It is not righteousness that you turn your faces toward the East or the West, but righteous is he who believes in Allah and the Last Day and the Angels and the Book and the Prophets, and gives his beloved money to his relatives and the orphans and the needy and for the ransoming of captives and who observes prayer and pays the poor-due; and those who fulfill their promises when they have made one, and the patient in poverty and affliction and the steadfast in time of war; it is those who have proved truthful and it is those who are the God-fearing." (2:177)

The Sacred Mosque of Makkah was the first mosque / temple on Earth according to the hadith narrated by Imam al-Bukhari in his Sahih, on the authority of Abu Dharr: “I asked Allah's Messenger which mosque was first placed on earth? He answered, 'The Sacred Mosque.' (in Makkah) Then I asked which came next? He replied, 'The Aqsa Mosque.' (in Jerusalem)Then I asked how long it was between the founding of the two? He answered, 'Forty years.'”

The Biblical prophecies clearly link the great future honor and splendor of the House of Allah and His new qibla, and the holy, chosen nation who will worship Him who worship there. Wherever we find that House, we find that nation whom Allah promised to multiply, to establish, to make its Faith manifest over all other religions, and to give it power over the kingdoms of the unbelievers forever; and wherever we find that nation we find their qibla and its greatest landmark, the House of Allah whose honor, splendor and holiness has been allotted to no other temple in existence.

It is a sign from Allah, Who sent His Messenger with guidance and the True Faith, that it may be manifest over all religion, though the disbelievers may despise it, that the first House of Allah, the foundations of which were raised by Abraham, still remains, manifest, visited, preserved and holy, after more than four-thousand years. The prophets before Abraham performed pilgrimage to it, and it was the secure goal of pilgrimage in the time of `Ad and Thamud. During the same period the temples of Babel, Nineveh and Jerusalem fell into oblivion, and the idols of the people of Noah,`Ad and Thamud were forgotten.

As for the differences of holiness and divine favor bestowed on the two mosques, that is another matter containing great wisdom, much greater than the existence or non-existence of the Temple.
When prophethood was found among the descendants of Abraham (Isaac?), the Aqsa Mosque was the hub of events and the mosque of the descendants of Isaac. But when Allah removed prophethood and scripture from them, and placed it among the descendants of Ishmael, it was His will that the Prophet be born in the Sacred land itself, so that all the Arabs without exception, would know that he was a descendant of Ishmael;

These are some of the descriptions of the Ka`ba –the House of Allah- and Makkah –the land of sanctuary- from their holy scriptures. We will cite some of them word for word, and summarize others:
  • The New Jerusalem = the Messianic Jerusalem during the age of the promised savior.
  • In the wilderness or mountains of Paran where Ishmael and his mother lived, and where Allah brought forth a spring to save them.
  • The city towards which Abraham would turn in longing.
  • Its residents are the tribe of Kedar (Arab descendants of Ishmael).
  • It is the city of the trustworthy and truthful one, the leader of humanity. (The nickname of the Last Prophet, pbuh, is Al Ameen)
  • There is no temple therein.
  • The Temple of Solomon in all its glory cannot compare to the new house.
  • The new house is in the shape of a cube. (The Kaaba)
  • The cubical house contains a valuable stone. (The Black Stone)
  • It is festooned with garlands and jewels like a bride.
  • Everyone who opposes it is filled with dread. Fear does not approach it.
  • The health-giving water of life springs from the vicinity of the cube-shaped house, free for all who desire to drink.
  • Its gates are open day and night and never close.
  • Every knee in the world bends before it.
  • There is a road there called the holy road on which no unclean person may pass.
  • No unclean thing may enter it.
  • Its children are greater in number than the children of Jerusalem.
  • It is crowded with residents and worshippers.
  • Kings bow down before it and lick its dust.
  • The mountains and hills may pass away but Allah's kindness and peace towards it does not pass away.
  • The treasures of the sea are sent there, and the wealth of the nations is brought to it.
  • The people gather there from afar.
  • Its land is crowded from the camels and sheep brought there from East and West, Sheba, Midian, Paran and Kedar. The men of Maarib serve it.
  • There is a holy mountain there to which the nations come to worship Allah therein.
  • Everyone there is equally free to worship Allah.
  • The name of Allah is written on the foreheads of its people.
  • The people gathered around the house restrain themselves from the call of nature (passing urine and feces).
  • The man bares his head and the woman covers her head. They cover from their loins to their legs, and shave the hair of their heads (the clothing worn during the state of ihram and the shaving of the head upon completion of the rites of pilgrimage).

The interpreters of the Bible are at a loss to explain the references to this city, since they do not want to admit the truth. These verses are as clear as the sun, but biblical interpreters turn a blind eye towards them stumble about in contradictory interpretations.
Sometimes they claim that these are descriptions of a heavenly city, sometimes they say that it is a symbolic Jerusalem, and sometimes they say that it is the perfect Messianic Jerusalem of the Millennial Kingdom.
They do not understand that through these interpretations they bear witness against themselves, that it is not the present-day Jerusalem as it is known, and that its people are not the children of Israel who live there today. Thus, the light dawns on those who have eyes –all praise to Allah- and Allah expose the truth even if the envious despise it.

:salah:

Bluegazer

Hello Emerald,

You asked the following in post #46 on this thread:

I have a question about Mecca,
what is it exactly and why pray in it's direction?

It might sound like a simple and obvious question but it is still something I am not sure about.

The following is the answer of Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid to Question no. 3748 [A brief history of al-Masjid al-Haraam in Makkah]:

Question:
A patron at our library has asked for the architecture and history of the Great Mosque in Mecca known as Masjid Al Haram.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Al-Masjid al-Haraam (the Sacred Mosque) is situated in Makkah, a city in the Arabian Peninsula 330 meters above sea-level. The history of the mosque goes back to its founding at the time of Ibraaheem (Abraham) and his son Ismaa’eel (Ishmael), peace be upon them both. Makkah is the place where the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was born and where the Revelation began, and from which the light of Islam spread. Al-Masjid al-Haraam is located here. This is the first mosque that was built for people on earth, as Allaah says in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for al-‘aalameen (mankind and jinns).” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:96].

It was reported in Saheeh Muslim that Abu Dharr said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the first mosque to be built for people on earth. He said, ‘Al-Masjid al-Haraam.’ I asked, ‘Then which?’ He said, ‘Al-Masjid al-Aqsaa [The Furthest Mosque, in Jerusalem].’ I asked, ‘How long between them?’ He said, ‘Forty years.’”

The Ka’bah – which is the direction of prayer for all Muslims throughout the world – is situated roughly in the middle of al-Masjid al-Haraam. It is a 15-meter high stone structure more or less in the shape of a cube. It was built by Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) on the command of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when We showed Ibraaheem the site of the (Sacred) House (the Ka’bah at Makkah) (saying): ‘Associate not anything (in worship) with Me, and sanctify My House for those who circumambulate it, and those who bow and make prostration.” [al-Hajj 22:26]

The word “bawwa’naa” [translated here as “We showed”] means “He guided him and gave him permission to build it.” (Tafseer Ibn Katheer).

Allaah also says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when Ibraaheem and (his son) Ismaa’eel were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka’bah at Makkah)…” [al-Baqarah 2:127]

Wahb ibn Munbih said: “… It was built by Ibraaheem, then [rebuilt] by the Amalekites, then by Jurham, then by Qusayy ibn Kilaab. Its rebuilding by Quraysh is well known… They began to rebuild it with the stones of the valley, which Quraysh carried on their shoulders, and they built it up, 20 cubits high… Between the rebuilding of the Ka’bah and the beginning of the Revelation there were five years, and between the rebuilding and the Hijrah there were fifteen years. ‘Abd al-Razzaaq reported from Mu’ammar from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Uthmaan from Abu’l-Tufayl, and from Mu’ammar from al-Zuhri: ‘They were building it and when they reached al-Rukn, Quraysh argued about which tribe should lift it up. Then they said, “Let us ask the first person who comes from this direction to judge between us.” They agreed on that, then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to them, and he was a young man wearing a spotted sash. They asked him to judge between them, and he told them to place al-Rukn on a piece of cloth, then he told the chief of every tribe to hold the edge of the cloth, then he climbed up and they lifted al-Rukn up to him, and he himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put it into its place.” (Taareekh Makkah by al-Azraqi, 1/161-164)

Muslim (2374) reported that ‘Aa’ishah said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about al-Jadr [the wall] and whether it was part of the House [the Ka’bah]. He said, ‘Yes.’ I asked, ‘So why is it not incorporated into the House?’ He said, ‘Your people ran out of money.’ I asked, ‘What about the door? Why is it high up?’ He said, ‘Your people did that so they could let in whomever they wanted and keep out whomever they wanted. If it were not for the fact that your people are still new [in Islam] and too close to their Jaahiliyyah, and I am afraid that they would resent it, I would think of incorporating al-Jadr into the House and bringing the door down to ground level.’”

Before Islam (in the year in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was born), the Ka’bah was subjected to an attack by the Ethiopian Abrahah, who had built al-Qulays, a church to which he wanted the Arabs to make their pilgrimage. He set out with his army, with whom was the elephant, and when they reached Makkah, Allaah sent flocks of birds against them; each bird was carrying three stones like chickpeas or lentils, one in its beak and two in its claws. Every man who was struck by a stone was killed, so the army was destroyed, by the command of Allaah.

Allaah has mentioned this incident in His Book, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Have you not seen how your Lord dealt with the Owners of the Elephant? Did He not make their plot go astray?

And sent against them birds, in flocks,

Striking them with stones of Sijjeel,

And made them like an empty field of slaks (in which the corn has been eaten up by cattle).” [al-Feel 105:1-5]

(See al-Seerah al-Nabawiyyah by Ibn Hishaam, 1/44-58).

There was no fence or wall around the Ka’bah until it became necessary. Yaaqoot al-Hamawi said in Mu’jam al-Buldaan (5/146): “The first one to build a wall around the Ka’bah was ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him); there was no wall around it during the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or Abu Bakr. [The wall was built] because people were building their houses too close to the Ka’bah and making the space around it too small for people. ‘Umar said: ‘The Ka’bah is the House of Allaah, and a house needs a courtyard. You have encroached on its space, it has not encroached on yours.’ So he bought those houses, demolished them and added that space to the space around the Ka’bah. He also destroyed the houses of people in the vicinity of the Ka’bah who had refused to sell, and kept the money aside for them until they came and took it later on. He built a wall around the mosque, lower than the height of a man, and lamps were placed on it. When ‘Uthmaan was khaleefah, he bought more houses that were more expensive… It was said that ‘Uthmaan was the first one to build porticos around it … When Ibn al-Zubayr was in power, he improved its appearance, although he did not increase its size, by adding marble pillars, extra doors and other improvements. When ‘Abd al-Malik ibn Marwaan was khaleefah, he added to the wall of the mosque, and brought columns from Egypt by sea to Jeddah, which were carried from Jeddah to Makkah on wheels. Al-Hajjaaj ibn Yoosuf commanded that the Ka’bah should be covered in drapes (al-kiswah) and when al-Waleed ibn ‘Abd al-Malik was khaleefah, he added to the adornment of the kiswah and spent money on improvements to the drainage spout and roof… When al-Mansoor and his son al-Mahdi were khaleefahs, they added more adornments to the mosque and improved its appearance.”

There are also other religious monuments in the Mosque, such as Maqaam Ibraaheem (the Station of Ibraaheem), which is the rock on which Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) stood whilst he was building the Ka’bah. There is also the Well of Zamzam, which is a spring of water brought forth by Allaah for Haajar and her child Ismaa’eel (peace be upon him) when he got thirsty. We should not forget either the Black Stone and al-Rukn al-Yamaani, which are two of the precious stones of Paradise. Al-Tirmidhi and Ahmad reported that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying that the Rukn and the Maqaam are two of the precious stones of Paradise, whose light has been extinguished by Allaah. If He had not extinguished their light, it would illuminate everything between the East and the West.” (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 804).

Near the Mosque are the two hills of al-Safa and al-Marwah. One of the unique features of the Mosque is that it is the only mosque in the world to which people come on pilgrimage (Hajj). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily! Al-Safa and al-Marwah are of the Symbols of Allaah. So it is not a sin on him who performs Hajj or ‘Umrah (pilgrimage) of the House to perform the going (tawaaf) between them. And whoever does good voluntarily, then verily, Allaah is All-Recognizer, All-Knower.” [al-Baqarah 2:158]

Another of its unique features is that Allaah has made it safe, and one prayer in it is equal to a hundred thousand prayers elsewhere. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when We made the House a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the Maqaam (place) of Ibraaheem as a place of prayer, and We commanded Ibraaheem and Ismaa’eel that they should purify My House for those who are circumabulating it, or staying (I’tikaaf), or bowing or prostrating themselves.” [al-Baqarah 2:125]

“In it are manifest signs (for example); the maqaam (place) of Ibraaheem; whoever enters it, he attains security. And Hajj to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allaah, those who can afford the expenses (for one’s conveyance, provision and residence); and whoever disbelieves [i.e., denies Hajj, then he is a disbeliever of Allaah], then Allaah stands not in need of any of the ‘aalameen (mankind and jinns).” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:97]

(See Akhbaar Makkah by al-Azraqi and Akhbaar Makkah by al-Faakihi).

And Allaah is the Source of Strength and the Guide to the Straight Path.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=3748&ln=eng

Regards,

Bluegazer

habibafatima

daughter of islam
Quran is the best guidence

dear sister
Quran is the word of God,our Creater.the one who creates knowes better than creation.so Quran is the Best Advice that can be given.plz try to read it and understand this religion through God's own words.

ahmadh2o

an advice to my sister

Assalamu alikum

my advice is knowledge ,knowledge ...and always seek knowledge ..

the same advice goes for all of us.

you could find great help in this site inshallah

www.islamtomorrow.com

check out the video - audio files

take care
assalamu alikum

ahmadh2o

we must get a grip of faith

Assalamu Alikum
yes for sure islam gives the answers to those realy searching for the truth.

i want to give you an advice, faith is not just words ..we must alwayes stringthen our faith

or it will go a way just like fragrance...

you can check what i mean at
http://www.islamtomorrow.com
check the video -audio section...

thank you
asslamu alikum

your brother Ahmad

habibafatima

daughter of islam
plz keep in touch

dear sister emerald
m waiting for ur reply.plz keep in touch with us.have u started studing Quran?

emerald G

Hi everyone

I'm so sorry I have not posted anything for so long, but I must say that everything that's going on in my life is a little overwhelming. But I always keep some time to study Islam... I just don't always have time for both the forums and Quran.
I have found a friend who is muslim, and I talk to her alot and it helps.

SO no worries I'm still alive.. just very busy.

Emerald

habibafatima

daughter of islam
very good to hear from u sister.:SMILY149: i m about to change my house.i just want to know ur present progress before i shift.internet facility will not b availible there :girl3: .i m going to miss u all.:SMILY23:

ahmadh2o

keep going forward

Assalamu alikum
good to hear that at least you are still interested in islam , alhamdulillah

it could be a great help to have such muslim sister who can help you out , any way you still should give your self the chance to discover islam by your self , best way for you from my point of view is
read the Quran
get a good translation for the Quran
always know that we need ALLAH .swt, and we need to do islam .. ALLAH .swt does not need us , it is we who benefit from living islam

you could check http://www.islamtomorrow.com .. it is a very nice website

don't forget to make duaa for all muslims
assalamu alikum
ahmad

ummsami89

problem with nonmuslim mother

Salam aliakum sisters and brothers in Islam,
I am having terrible difficulties with my mom.....an elderly NONMUSLIM woman who wont open her heart and mind to Islam. Unfortunately, she believes what they say on tv.....and all the negative crap. Anyway, we have an 18 year old son who has been going through a major rebellion. He is away from Islam now, but was brought up with the religion in our home. Unfortunately, during his young life he spent alot of time with his grandma. who has had a big influence on him. When he gets upset with us, he "whines" to grandma. She gives him what he wants. We have grounded him from his car and cell phone because he has been flunking his senior year of high school. We have given him plenty of chances to redeem himself. to no avail. Grandma thinks we are horrible mean parents and he has been punished enough. It all boils down to our roles as parents and esp MUSLIM PARENTS. she would never say anything to my CHRISTIAN AND JEWISH SIBLINGS. (my sister married a jew and raised their daughters in that faith........ and my brother married a catholic and they cant even practice their faith in the church because of my brother's past divorce over 20+ years ago because the Catholic Church is not forgiving, but Allah swt is......but . ANYWAY.........
I have been the one who takes my mom to doctor appts , and other things, I call her daily...........not my siblings. I am the one who helps her etc. they live away and dont call that much unless their conscious starts to bother them. None of them support me,,,,and think mom is the only right one . CAUSE SHE IS OLD............."I HAVE TO RESPECT HER"..........SHE DOESNT HAVE MUCH LONGER. BEAR WITH IT............i have............more than them. they dont have to hear the stuff. because they are christian!! I have always done what I was supposed to do as a muslim daughter (and even before I was muslim). I ask for forgiveness for my negative feelings, make dua for my strength etc but these days I dont want anything to do with her. I cant ask for help from my family. No christians will really be on my side, family or not. As the quran says, they wont be happy until I am on their path. I am really having tough time. I dont want to be around her or talk to her. Unfortunately, it has gotten to the point where even I love her as my mother, but now , I am just waiting for her death. even though I know inshallah. i hope.that I am getting eger for my difficulties with her.
Salam . have a good day.
Sister Jamie

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

You are most welcome to this community of islam and thank you for asking about islam, dear emerald.

I agree with samiha that if you can get hold get hold of a quran with english translation from nearby mosques or any muslim around you that have one or get it online! easy doesn't it.

Have a go at it, well, I mean read it and come back to us and tell us what you think.

I really pray that ALLAH will show His giudance to you and us, insha Allah.

Till we hear from you again dear emerald.