A new Neuroscience study that may deceive a person: Memory morphing

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

I was listening to a Neuroscience professor of Georgetown university give like a book lecture for his book called the Naked Brain. As I listened I was troubled by an area of social neuroscience called memory morphing.

As he discussed subliminal is not effective in marketing. Like you will not go and by a diet coke if you get a flash of subliminal.

However this memory morphing idea is pretty tricky. It takes a photo of you and places your image alongside another like in Photoshop. This in turn tricks you thinking that you belong to the scenery.

Anyways during the QA, someone asked if it is used in politics and the answer was: not sure of it. This could be devious and the professor admits that there is room for a lot of mischief using this tech stuff.

thought I bring it up to muslim brothers and sisters. This is being heavily looked at by marketing companies.

here is the video link: http://fora.tv/2006/11/04/Naked_Brain

trust me it is boring and kinda of technical but worth going through.

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Just do what I do and don't have cable or tv channels. We only watch DVDs that we screen first.

abdul-aziz

I don't watch anything unless its for leaning or more like educational.

However I didn't mention the fact when you put _ace _ook in the picture it can be used to fuel such harm.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not watch television.

I just read about the Monarch and memory manipulation. This is big time in Hollywood. The symbolism in the movies today are riled with ritualism which indoctrinates the viewer.

Lowering ones gaze makes more and more sense each day.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

I dont watch much television as well.However my family does.I dont know if it's okay to ask here but I think this question is important.
If your family watches telly and you want to get married and in the future you don't want your wife or kids or yourself to be near telly,so that it might not influence them.Since you all will live in the same house,your parents who watch Tv and your wife and kids and yourself whom you don't wish to watch TV.How do you go about it?How do we protect our future kids and ourselves from it in such a situation?
This question has been troubling me a lot.
:jazaak:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You limit the availability of channels. The old folks can be happy watching whatever they want. The kids get bored and go to the PS3 on line with friends all over the world and share new that shows up on the television three weeks later.
With the computer and on-line PS3 X/Box the kids have access to their shows.

I realized I was wasting money watching "Z" tv, the news was all made-up so I canceled the TV. We do not miss it one bit.

The "Z's" are telling me that the Muslims are terrorists as the newscaster is telling me about the Building 7 being destroyed and there it is in plain sight behind her. 17 minutes later it is imploded. And the Dancing Israelis are dancing on top of a white van. Go figure.

strive-may-i

set expectation & pray for your wished expectations..

I dont watch much television as well.However my family does.I dont know if it's okay to ask here but I think this question is important.
If your family watches telly and you want to get married and in the future you don't want your wife or kids or yourself to be near telly,so that it might not influence them.Since you all will live in the same house,your parents who watch Tv and your wife and kids and yourself whom you don't wish to watch TV.How do you go about it?How do we protect our future kids and ourselves from it in such a situation?
This question has been troubling me a lot.
:jazaak:

Thoughtful question..... Usually in a house where Meidia [TV/ mobile/ Computer/ etc] rules, family members dont get to talk to each other much.

Presuming you are single, Firstly, you should subtly reason / talk to your near and dear ones in the house. Nudge them away from Idiot box TV. Incase you fail, this would atleast help you know what to expect in marriage and with kids.

Next, you might want to be clear about what you look for in a Ummah, who will be made your wife. Make it clear you are looking for someone who prefers or wishes to not waste hours before TV.

And when you have kids, make it clear as to what one gains without TV at home. Make them enjoy the power of knowledge, work, activity And awareness of what families where TV rule the living room loose. Be firm, on your expectations.

And in life, Almighty tests by granting, sometimes by denying!

May Almighty Allah, Guide, Enlighten and bestow our genuine wishes... Aameen!