A serious yet funny encounter

Waseem203

Young Muslim
OK I kinda lied about the funny part.

So there are these Jehova Witnesses that have been knocking on our door almost each week for a few months now offering us magazines in Arabic. At first my mom thought these were just a gesture of kindness, upon opening it moments later however, she was proven wrong. She had been giving my mom religious magazines, illustrating facts about their religion. SO, next time they come my mom decided to give them Islamic booklets in return which they ever so rudely refused. My mom continued to take their material.

Our neighbor is a Jehovah Witness. This morning, before I was getting ready to go to school they had came over with said neighbor for a cup of tea. They asked my mom if she wanted to change religion. Bad idea. My mom says, WHAT? grabs the broom, and chases them off our driveway.(While all our neighbors are watching, mind you)They asked my older brother if he was interested. (You can probably guess the outcome of that) My mom cried because she didn't deal with the matter the way she wanted too. I personally had trouble not laughing (shame on me). This is a true story.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum little Bhai (LoL, for some reason, a lot of you 14 year old brothers and sisters here on this site seem to be like my little siblings to me :)). This is the situation many times in the USA. They would do that to my Arabic tutor (who's a "Sheikh" (<not an scolar), and we talk a lot about Islamic things, most of the time, about as Salaf as Salih Raheemahumullah), and for 15 YEARS they would pressure him to become Christian or do Haraam things, which destroyed his mind comepletely, and now he thinks that every American is like a Crusader trying to force everyone into Christianity, which I can't go against, because I experiance differant things that him (meaning, I'm around many good people, who don't want me to convert, because they like the way I am, and Alhamdulillah, see good things about Islam, Inshallah. And HIM, well, he's been attacked many times, with his one student being beaten up by City Hall and going into a coma for a week, which the police and the FBI "guy (who was SUPPOSED to report the abuse)" covered) hid all the information and didn't report it. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla accept that young brother as amongst the Shuhadah, Ameen!)

But what you said is another game that the stupid Crusaders play. They go around wanting to preach their religion, their beleifs, and their ideas, and when you want to voice your own religion, beleif, or idea, then "they're not interested," "they don't want to hear it," or they try silencing you.

But it's best to just TRY to show good manners to them, if they preach, then YOU preach. If they reject, YOU ALSO REJECT, RIGHT IN THEIR FACE. Crumble up thier pamplhets and throw it at them in the face, because if you do so (after they refuse to let you give Dawah to them, after they told you to convert), then you can let people know (if they ask) that they were preaching to you, and when you did the same thing, they started stopping you from voicing your ideas and beleifs, and then they INSISTED on STILL trying to convert you.

I remember once I heard from this one American on YouTube that, "If you Muslims and Christians love us so much, why don't you just leave us alone (and stop converting our people)." And well, for THAT response, I'd say to those people, "As for people converting to Christianity and Islam, well, the method is differant. The Christian misssionaries want to FORCE people to convert to Christianity, even if the person EXTREMELY doesn't want to be Christian. While in Islam, we love our religion, and we have proof to show that our religion is the truth (when you learn about it, you understand that it's the truth). And so what we do is TEACH people about Islam, and if they like it, they start learning more, and their hearts start to accept what it feels as the truth (and what it later KNOWS is the truth), and so they become Muslim. But we do not FORCE people to become Muslim. There are people with hard hearts that NO MATTER WHAT, they would NOT become Muslim, and as for them, we just leave them."

[yt]vQTiw6KYYzg[/yt]

See you Bhai

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I laughed at the broom bit..but then felt bad when you said your mom cried at the end :(..I don't understand why they bother us so much..your story reminded of a funny story with my mom also back in 2003 after the war on Iraq (this is relevant to the story)

The FBI at that time was going around conducting interviews with Iraqis about the invasion of Iraq..we didn't know about that *yet* at the time...the door was knocked..my mom opens it..she sees two tall men in nice suits..she sighs and says with a frustrated tone *we love Jesus..he is a prophet of God..we really do love him and know who he is..we are muslim..will always be muslim..please go..we don't want your Christianity and don't put books on my porch..I will die before reading them!*..one of the poor..totally BAFFLED men standing there starts to look in his pockets pulls out an ID and says *my name is such and such I am from the FBI*..to that my mom says *if you want us to work in Iraq we won't work with you!..your president invaded our country!*..that's when I decide to stop *spectating*..get to moving..call my father over and get the situation handled..

After the supposed "interview"..one of the men said jokingly to my mother..*If I was a missionary I would make sure to mark you off any missionary list I might have ma'am*...to that my mother said *well if it was not for my daughter and my husband by now you would have made sure to wipe me off your FBI list, while you were still at the door of my house*...imagine the *awkward laughs* at THAT moment

(yes, my mom is blunt like that..she'll say whatever crosses her mind..a very SCARY characteristic indeed! lol..sometimes I wish she didn't speak English..same thing goes for my father..*sigh*..lol)

Don't worry akhi..perhaps you (and all the other Muslims bothered by missionaries) are earning ajer..you never know..sobhanallah..think of that bright *possibility* :)

:wasalam:

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

subhanAllah may Allah make these people leave the Muslims alone!!!!!!! just leave us alone!!! may Allah protect all the Muslims from these devils. AMEEN!!!!! i find this all so sad. brother Abdul Hasib your story about the tutor who's student got beaten, thats sad too. again and again may Allah protect us from these devils who want to lead us to hell

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

YUSUF ESTES USED TO B A PRECHER BUT HE GOT A SCARE OF HIS LIFE WHEN A MUSLIM POLITELY RESPONDED I WILL CONVERT F U CAN PROVE UR RELIGION IS TRUE -OR BETTER THAN MINE.

YUSUF LATER CONVERTED.
BUT U DONT TRY I THINK THAT APPROACH IS GOOD TAKE SOME THING GIVE SOMETHING IF THEY REFUSE U REFUSE.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
I laughed at the broom bit..but then felt bad when you said your mom cried at the end :(..I don't understand why they bother us so much..your story reminded of a funny story with my mom also back in 2003 after the war on Iraq (this is relevant to the story)

The FBI at that time was going around conducting interviews with Iraqis about the invasion of Iraq..we didn't know about that *yet* at the time...the door was knocked..my mom opens it..she sees two tall men in nice suits..she sighs and says with a frustrated tone *we love Jesus..he is a prophet of God..we really do love him and know who he is..we are muslim..will always be muslim..please go..we don't want your Christianity and don't put books on my porch..I will die before reading them!*..one of the poor..totally BAFFLED men standing there starts to look in his pockets pulls out an ID and says *my name is such and such I am from the FBI*..to that my mom says *if you want us to work in Iraq we won't work with you!..your president invaded our country!*..that's when I decide to stop *spectating*..get to moving..call my father over and get the situation handled..

After the supposed "interview"..one of the men said jokingly to my mother..*If I was a missionary I would make sure to mark you off any missionary list I might have ma'am*...to that my mother said *well if it was not for my daughter and my husband by now you would have made sure to wipe me off your FBI list, while you were still at the door of my house*...imagine the *awkward laughs* at THAT moment

(yes, my mom is blunt like that..she'll say whatever crosses her mind..a very SCARY characteristic indeed! lol..sometimes I wish she didn't speak English..same thing goes for my father..*sigh*..lol)

Don't worry akhi..perhaps you (and all the other Muslims bothered by missionaries) are earning ajer..you never know..sobhanallah..think of that bright *possibility* :)

:wasalam:

LOL how classical of your mum. I would give her a gold medal if I was able to Ma shaAllah.