A Very Moving Quran Recitation with Lot's of Crying

muna

ابنة الاسلام
finally i got it.........{Ahmed ali al-ajmy}....many tymes i heard de voice from other recitors, knew de voice was originaly from a sheikh bt couldn't find his name...jazakallahu kheir brothers 4 ur help.....wish u all de best..insha allah
wasalaam alikum

BGfromGB

Recitation in English

:salam2:

Recitations are only in Arabic because the Quran is ONLY in Arabic. All else, as bro DNA mentions is only a TRANSLATION. A translation does not equal the same thing.

what do you say, the Quran were to be read in another language. You would not only lose the beauty of the text, but which translation would you use? I mean, in english... read the Quran? that would NOT be the Quran!

I go to France, that mosque reads in French, that one in Dutch, that one in Spanish, but sorry no english. How do i pray? Rather, i go to the French mosque because it's closest and I am standing in prayer wondering what Ayah, what part of the Quran this guy is reading and whether he's really saying anything.......

:astag: :astag:

do you see how wrong that would be? Disunity amongst Muslims, loss of meaning, of beauty, increace in inperfection, and loss of concentration. Over time, the Quran would lose its power, the translations would be again translated, words would change. No longer would it be in its perfect form.

For the purpose of understanding the Quran, reading a translation is acceptable, BUT the Quran itself is only in Arabic language.

I hope you understand, because i'm not sure if i explained my view correctly. may Allah save us from sin and error.

:wasalam:
Oh well, at my age and after spending a life time of studying, I'm just not bothered to study any more than I'm doing now, least of all having to study another language.
In my studies, I'll just have to put up with the English translation and accept the loss of meaning, imperfection and beauty.
Its such a pity because this may lead to misconceptions and innuendos as to convince people out there that the Qu'ran is NOT the religion for Arabic speaking people only.
Also it hinders my reasoning with meanings which when literally read, can be perceived as having a totally negative connotation about Islam. A typical example is that most westerners out there regard Islam as a violent religion. They cite certain suras to back up their argument. This can be an embarrassment especially if one does not understand the true meaning in Arabic and as an English speaking person cannot put the message across in its true perspective.
We must never forget that those people out there, especially those who have a passion for their creator, are not fools. Nor do they accept statements verbatim. They want answers and legitimate answers.
In view of what I have said above,I will not be able to engage in meaningful debate and so it is best that I stay out of such debates in case I say something totally wrong.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
...the Qu'ran is NOT the religion for Arabic speaking people only.
Islam is NOT the Religion for Arabic speaking people only. :)

We must never forget that those people out there, especially those who have a passion for their creator, are not fools. Nor do they accept statements verbatim. They want answers and legitimate answers.
Alhamdulillaah (praise be to Allaah) for that, and those legitimate answers can and should be sought from the muslims in order to get the real meaning and answers.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Oh well, at my age and after spending a life time of studying, I'm just not bothered to study any more than I'm doing now, least of all having to study another language.
In my studies, I'll just have to put up with the English translation and accept the loss of meaning, imperfection and beauty.
Its such a pity because this may lead to misconceptions and innuendos as to convince people out there that the Qu'ran is NOT the religion for Arabic speaking people only.
Also it hinders my reasoning with meanings which when literally read, can be perceived as having a totally negative connotation about Islam. A typical example is that most westerners out there regard Islam as a violent religion. They cite certain suras to back up their argument. This can be an embarrassment especially if one does not understand the true meaning in Arabic and as an English speaking person cannot put the message across in its true perspective.
In view of what I have said above,I will not be able to engage in meaningful debate and so it is best that I stay out of such debates in case I say something totally wrong.

:salam2:

May I reiterate my thoughts in a different manner? You can read the English translation of the Quran, but you must keep in mind that it is not the actual Quran in itself. An English translation cannot entirely give you the meaning, and is liable to mistakes. The Quran is free from mistakes because it came from Allah (swt) through His messenger :saw: . However, the translation was made by a man, and can contain mistakes.

Islam is NOT just for Arabs. This much is known fact. Islam is for all mankind. Have you ever thought though, that having the Quran preserved only in the Arabic language has allowed it to become an international religion? That having it saved in its original form has allowed people who have come from ALL sorts of backgrounds and faiths to be able to benefit? That it has united people under Islam due to a common book, faith, religion and a common language?

--------------------------------------------------------

I’m going to tell a story because I feel like it. And since I’m a child, I shall share a child’s story.

There once was a fisherman who caught a fish and brought it home to his wife. They cut up the fish and had a wonderful meal. The next day the fisherman’s wife told her friend, “my husband caught a fish --this big--” gesturing with her hands. Her friend then went to tell her son “the fisherman was out fishing and caught a fish ----this big----!”
The story circulated around the town and soon the fisherman had caught a fish -------------------------this big-------------------------. Nobody knew the truth but the story continued spreading and spreading.

They had no base, no concrete fact to hold together the story, so it continued changing and changing until it was hardly recognizable. Perhaps this would have been different had the wife specified “the fish was 4 inches!” because even though a man uses metrics, or whatever other measurements, they will always be able to refer back to the 4 inches which never changed. Anyway, that bit was out of boredom, but if you try reeeeeeeal hard, I think it can be applied here as well.

--------------------------------------------------

Another thing is that we ourselves are not scholars. We should not be interpreting meaning out of the verses of the Quran by ourselves anyway! Because we do not speak Arabic (and I say ‘WE’ because I do not know it as well) we must trust the scholars of the language to provide us with the correct understanding. Even many ARABS cannot do this! The scholars research the history, the hadith, and events as well as the meaning when the try to explain a verse from the Quran. It’s not just a “I read and understand” sort of thing all the time. To truly understand the Quran takes years of dedication and learning. Many of us don’t have that, so we should try to learn from those who have. I am not saying not to read the translation of the Quran :astag: no! but rather, when trying to understand a passage we should refer to and look back at what people of knowledge have said.

I too will not engage in debate. I have placed things as I see them. May Allah forgive me in any mistakes I have made and increase us all in Knowledge and understanding of His beautiful Deen. Ameen.

:wasalam: